Is Rick Parry too stupid to be Romney's Vice President?

Londoner

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2010
I believe that Romney will be the next president of the United States of America. I believe his liberal stances on health care, gay marriage, and abortion - no matter how much he denies them during primary season - will help him work across the aisle.

To my point: I was under the impression that Perry would strengthen the Romney ticket because of his Conservative pedigree. However, I'm starting to think that Perry's incoherent diction might become an issue. Do Republicans think that Perry is too stupid to be Vice President?

Last edited:
I believe you are an idiot.
I will congratulate you for a post that doesnt take up an entire web page.

I believe that Romney will be the next president of the United States of America. I believe his liberal health care, gay marriage, and abortion stances - no matter how much he denies them during primary season - will help him work across the aisle.

Yes, this is idiotic.

To my point: I was under the impression that Perry would strengthen the Romney ticket because of his Conservative pedigree. However, I'm starting to think that Perry's incoherent diction might become an issue. Do Republicans think that Perry is too stupid to be Vice President?

I don’t know about republicans but everyone else believes Perry is too stupid to be VP.

You got me wrong Rabbi. I think Perry's compassionate stance on educating illegals is the only bright spot in the entire Republican field. I think Perry is the only decent human in the race. He seems 1 billion times warmer than Romney, who is too plastic. Every time Perry speaks, I want to hug him and protect him. He's like a little moron-boy that you want to keep safe.

Last edited:
I believe that Romney will be the next president of the United States of America. I believe his liberal stances on health care, gay marriage, and abortion - no matter how much he denies them during primary season - will help him work across the aisle.

I want to go on Record right now with a Prediction.

I know Christi Said he would not run, but I think he might just end up Romney's VP. I know he said he didn't want to run because he owed it to NJ but that's horse shit. I mean it's a reason but the real reason I think is because it was not the best move politically for him. He has a better chance at being president if he gets more experience, what better way to do that then serving as VP.

You got me wrong Rabbi. I think Perry's compassionate stance on educating illegals is the only bright spot in the entire Republican field. I think Perry is the only decent human in the race. He seems 1 billion times warmer than Romney, who is too plastic. Every time Perry speaks, I want to hug him and protect him. He's like a little moron-boy that you want to keep safe.

Oh my. What a damning opinion concerning someone running for the Presidential nomination of a major US party.

Oh my. What a damning opinion concerning someone running for the Presidential nomination of a major US party.

Yet the damning opinion concerning the sitting President isn't going to stop you from reelecting him to do more damage is it?

not sure how compassionate it is to give Illegals in state rates that Americans from the other 49 States are not even entitled to.

I mean yes, I get it. The Kids there now didn't choose to come their parents brought them. There here were not going to deport them so we might as well have them get educated, But you have to do something about stopping the flow of more illegals or things like the law Perry signed in Texas are like a neon Billboard Saying hey, Break out laws, Jump our border and you can have this too.

No, Perry is not too stupid to be vice president. He's the long-serving governor of of a large state. I don't think he is terribly smart, and I think he would be a better governor if he were smarter, but he clearly meets the minimum requirements.

That being said, even if Romney is the nominee, which isn't certain, I doubt Perry will be his running mate.

Yet the damning opinion concerning the sitting President isn't going to stop you from reelecting him to do more damage is it?

You can’t destroy something already destroyed.

And the idea that any of the nitwits in the debate tonight can ‘fix’ the economy is ridiculous.

There's more lacking in Perry than his articulation. His pedigree is not solidly conservative. There are other candidates for that slot who are not in the present field, like the former gov of Mn. Pawlenty.

If he would take it, Senator Marco Rubio has consummate conserv. credentials, is from a vital state, and the largest minority. He could run as VP candidate and if he lost still do that within his first 6-year term of office without prejuduce.

You can’t destroy something already destroyed.

And the idea that any of the nitwits in the debate tonight can ‘fix’ the economy is ridiculous.

They dont need to fix it. They need to do something Obama refuses to do: Get the hell out of the way so we the people can.

I don't think he is stupid but I think he's as likely to be vp as Palin was.

Maybe you haven't seen the debate tonight....there's NO chance these guys would ever be on the same ticket.

If tonights debate is any indication then Romney will get the nomination, hands down. Perry was actually repeatedly booed for his "below the belt" attacks on Romney and inability to follow the rules of the debate.

Is Perry too stupid to be VP? I would think anyone who achieves the position of Governor would certainly be smart enough to do a job that's "not worth a bucket of warm piss". What concerns me is that he reminds me too much of Bush. And I doubt too many people want to see another Bush in Washington. :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perry is an outright ass. The only reason he passed that education bill is because he was too frightened of the Latino vote defecting. Latinos in Texas tend to be somewhat of a swing demographic which have held strong to the GOP in the past decade mostly because of religion. But an anti immigration appearance could easily sway them back to supporting more Democrats, which could in turn spell disaster for the Texas GOP.

Not to mention, Perry is ridiculously corrupt. For all his talk about small government and low taxes, Texas has among the highest total taxation per capita in the country. The whole HPV thing, his push several years ago to try to establish toll roads throughout the state and award a close friend a no bid contract to operate them, and gerrymandering, demonstrate that Perry is among the pinnacle of the stereotypically cronyism style, corrupt politicians. Given Perry's record against same sex marriage, his signing into law a mandatory ultrasound law for abortions, the his refusal to prevent the execution of the innocent Cameron Willingham, there's simply no grounds to call Perry compassionate.

No, Perry is not too stupid to be vice president. He's the long-serving governor of of a large state.

Funny thing is, even Texas dislikes Perry, but he regularly benefits from divided opposition. In 2006, four candidates split the anti-Perry vote, leaving him with a little more than a 1/3 plurality. In 2010 he faced two major primary challenges from within his own party, squeezing out 51% and it's been reasonably speculated that a head-to-head would have been a loss for him.

He probably spells better than you. Who's Rick Parry? He would likely think you're far more stupid. Just guessing though.

Last edited:

No there is no way I can see them working it out. I don't think they could get along, but I could be wrong I am young. However, on your point of him strengthening Romney's ticket. I think Newt would do that better. Perry used to be a democrat, I'm not sure why he is looked at as anything special. Just another politician, which is why I wouldn't be shocked it they could patch it up but I doubt it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back