Bull Ring Is religion the greatest evil that has ever face humanity? RWS vs ding

Point 12: If God exists, may he strike me down right now for not believing in his religious treacheries.

I'm done for tonight with your stupidity, ding.

Go back at it tomorrow, if you still wish to.

Recap of RWS's position that religion is the greatest evil that has ever faced humanity.

Religions (esp supernatural) are false. They are intended to create armies of followers, willing to kill and die for the financial gain of the rulers. The people are given false promises of afterlife for their devotion to the ruler, which of course, can never be confirmed afterwards.

It's the ultimate hoax.

Nowadays, with modern weapons and more cultural awareness, religions have taken on some beneficial roles in order to entice new followers, since they can't threaten and rape and pillage as much anymore. But you cannot erase the past 6000 years with some present-day humanitarian efforts. The religions remain the same. The words remain the same. Nothing was rewritten. All they need is a trigger to revert to their killing/raping/trafficking ways of the past. That's like Hitler (Nazism is also a religion), towards the end of WWII, deciding to make some donations in order to be forgiven.

The evil and misery and suffering that religions have caused, should be a lesson to us. To forgive them, is to allow them to do it again.

And nowadays, we have to worry about a religious zealot with access to nuclear weapons, devastating the world based on their belief in the word of their imaginary"God".

So does evolution. That's why we're still here.

But what religions have actually promoted over the last few thousand years, is hatred, genocide, rape, torture, human trafficking, child abuse, and the demotion of women. To name a few... There's probably lots more.

Those are the facts. The feel-good Santa Claus religion you think you have today, came from that. And it can easily snap right back to that. All you need is the order to do it again.

If you would not accept the order, then what you have is a faith, not a religion. If you believe in the religion, you will accept the order, once given.

Because the order, would come from "God", through your religious leaders.

That's total BS. They made their religion spread based upon the opposite.

Total BS again. Civility and morality are not a product of religions. You're reaching very far now.

MAJOR NO. If you had a choice, it would be a faith.

Absolutely not. I missed this one before. Religion teaches absolute belief. And they kill because of it.

You had that set up, didn't ya? Because it's too fast to type in response.

If you believe in a religion, you have no choices in how to behave.

If you have faith, you can.

So does science. In a more logical way.

Believing in Santa Claus, does not make your wonder any greater than ours.

That's a statement that you can state your bullshit. In real life or on here on the forum.

That's not a statement that it is correct.

You are losing badly so far, ding.

Should I start on my offensive?

Let me know when you're done.

You may need help from your friends.

Jus sayin....

Why? When religion likes to kill everyone and burn down the territory so it cannot be used later.

Ding, you're stuck on the current Santa Claus version of your religion. That's why you like it.

You haven't done research into why you were born into it, and what can possibly happen in the future, that you will have to follow.

K, you're making me laugh now.

You're speaking nonsense, and I'm replying to each one.

I don't think you're ready for me.

What? It serves to enslave the humans, to serve a made-up spirit from the ruler.

Point 12: If God exists, may he strike me down right now for not believing in his religious treacheries.

Point 13: I'm still here.

You have got to be kidding me.

I'm done for tonight with your stupidity, ding.

Go back at it tomorrow, if you still wish to.

Recap of ding's position that by any objective measure religion has been a force for good.

Point #1: Religion creates wonderful charities and organizations.

Religious persons and institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions. Religion has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing

Point #2: Religion promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.

Point #3: Religion gave us the concept of subsidiarity.

The concept of subsidiarity started with Moses and is the basis for all Christian charities and organizations.

Point #4: religion does what no government or other organization can do, teach civility and morality.

Point #5: Religion teaches accountability and responsibility.

1738 Freedom is exercised in relationships between human beings. Every human person, created in the image of God, has the natural right to be recognized as a free and responsible being. All owe to each other this duty of respect. The right to the exercise of freedom, especially in moral and religious matters, is an inalienable requirement of the dignity of the human person. This right must be recognized and protected by civil authority within the limits of the common good and public order.32

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Man's freedom

Point #6: Religion teaches that we have a choice in how we behave.

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Point #7: Religion teaches that actions have consequences.

1731 Freedom is the power, rooted in reason and will, to act or not to act, to do this or that, and so to perform deliberate actions on one's own responsibility. By free will one shapes one's own life. Human freedom is a force for growth and maturity in truth and goodness; it attains its perfection when directed toward God, our beatitude.

Point 8: Religion inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe.

Science is the study of nature to discover the order within nature so as to make predictions of nature.

Romans 1
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Point #9: Religion helps us feel less alone in the world.

Point #10: Religion serves to ennoble the human spirit.

Point #11: Religion serves to bind the community together.

Point #12: Religion inspires love, peace and happiness.

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

1731 Freedom is the power, rooted in reason and will, to act or not to act, to do this or that, and so to perform deliberate actions on one's own responsibility. By free will one shapes one's own life. Human freedom is a force for growth and maturity in truth and goodness; it attains its perfection when directed toward God, our beatitude.

Stop breaking the rules. No quotes. Just your own words. That was part of the rules. You continue to link and quote from others. Stop it. Just your words vs mine. If you can't handle it, then just kneel to me. :) I'll be nice to you... and let you have your own land with your own make-believe religions.

Stop breaking the rules. No quotes. Just your own words. That was part of the rules. You continue to link and quote from others. Stop it. Just your words vs mine. If you can't handle it, then just kneel to me. :) I'll be nice to you...
You will have to show me where that rule is, RWS.

I made a statement. You challenged it. I provided the basis for the statement FROM A RELIGIOUS SOURCE. That's how it works.

I really like your recap though. Very articulate.

Stop breaking the rules. No quotes. Just your own words. That was part of the rules. You continue to link and quote from others. Stop it. Just your words vs mine. If you can't handle it, then just kneel to me. :) I'll be nice to you...

I made a statement. You challenged it. I provided the basis for the statement FROM A RELIGIOUS SOURCE. That's how it works.

Do I really have to dig it up from the previous thread? I don't want to embarrass you, but the agreement was no copy/pasting or linking to religious sites.

It was just our own words. And no butt-buddy friends joining in. BTW, you did well on that before on page 1. Thank you.

And I seem to have no butt-buddy friends, so it's been easy for me!

I loved your recap. Just read it. I agree with it. It's just lacking context. Better to read in order.

But you totally got it all wrong. You believe in a false religion, that is based on much more ancient writings.

But you find it OK to kill everyone that doesn't believe in the same shit...

Do I really have to dig it up from the previous thread? I don't want to embarrass you, but the agreement was no copy/pasting or linking to religious sites.
Yes. Because I am posting from the catechism. It isn’t a religious site. Its the freaking catechism of the Catholic faith. It’s literally what we believe.

You literally challenged what we believed. How else am I going to prove it to you that what I am posting is what my religion believes and teaches.

Last edited:
I loved your recap. Just read it. I agree with it. It's just lacking context. Better to read in order.

But you totally got it all wrong. You believe in a false religion, that is based on much more ancient writings.

But you find it OK to kill everyone that doesn't believe in the same shit...
You are making claims with no basis. This isn’t a slap fight it’s a debate. I would actually expect you to be able to back up your claim that religion is the greatest evil in the history of mankind with more than you say so. But that’s your mistake to make.

Point #3: Religion gave us the concept of subsidiarity.
That's total BS. They made their religion spread based upon the opposite.
The concept of subsidiarity started with Moses and is the basis for all Christian charities and organizations. Maybe you don't know what subsidiarity actually means.

Maybe you don't.

per google definition:Subsidiarity is an organizing principle that matters ought to be handled by the smallest, lowest or least centralized competent authority. Political decisions should be taken at a local level if possible, rather than by a central authority.

Moses was a ruler, he was not the lowest, or least authority.

Point #4: religion does what no government or other organization can do, teach civility and morality.
Total BS again. Civility and morality are not a product of religions. You're reaching very far now.
I didn't say it was a product. I said religions teach civility and morality.
Which religions are you referring to, that teach that stuff throughout history. Mostly they taught hatred and non-acceptance throughout history. Modern day Santa Claus religion theory cannot be forgiven for the sins they created. And will continue to create.

Point #7: Religion teaches that actions have consequences.
Religions have also killed and raped countless millions of people. That they absolve themselves of, because they did it on the word of "God".

Forum List

Back