Is Obama concerned about the safety of America?

1. There are thousands of West Africans fleeing their ebola stricken countries.

Please prove that.

Thank you.

I already did.

Please prove that.

Thank you.

No, there are thousands of West Africans with Ebola coming here and they threaten to infect us (Americans)

, who are risking bringing with them the very deadly Ebola virus.

The poster thinks I'm going to waste my time debating non-sense like this...

I can do this all day:

Rep. Cory Gardner: (Dr. Frieden) I think you mentioned there were approximately 100 to 150 people a day coming into the United States from the infected areas.

Dr. Tom Frieden: That’s my understanding, yes.

Gardner: And, Mr. Wagner you admitted we’re screening 94% of those people?

John P. Wagner: As of today that covers about 94%.

Gardner: So if 94% are being covered, that means somewhere between two and three thousand people a year are coming into this country without being screened from the infected areas?

100 to 150, that's 700 to 1050 people each week. That's 4200 people a month, or 50,200 people a year. There are roughly 2,000 people a year don't get properly screened for Ebola.

Not in my house.

wVrWoUA.gif

Has Congress passed a travel ban and sent it to the President?

...or have all of you rightwing Obama-is-a-tyrant-for-using-executive-orders types conveniently flip flopped in your

classic damn if he does damn him if he doesn't fashion?

TK,

You will never mature if you don't learn to admit your mistakes.

I clearly won the first point.

The second point is not even being debated. When we discuss travel bans from West Africa as it pertains to the US we are talking about air travel only. West African citizens cannot drive or walk to America.

Friedan was discussing land travel across West African borders becoming a problem if air travel is banned. It is easier to contain the virus if air travel is allowed because we can track travelers more precisely.

Shall we move on to your next point?

Last edited:
"Does Obama care more about maintaining the porosity of our borders than the health and welfare of American citizens?"

Now, why have you brought up OUR borders? Why have you made this completely stupid statement formed as a question?

If you are one of the people who think that the POTUS does not care about the health and welfare of America citizens, how can you expect to be taken seriously? That is not an adult thing to say.

Think about it for a while. Then, we can pretend that you didn't mean it and we can move on to your next point.

WOW!! the stupidity, ignorance and down right HATE displayed in this thread by the libercrats is absolutely ass-tounding, i believe there are some here who would defend presidunce Obola even if he ordered a nuke strike on Dallas TX. :up:

Please prove that.

Thank you.

No, there are thousands of West Africans with Ebola coming here and they threaten to infect us (Americans)

, who are risking bringing with them the very deadly Ebola virus.

The poster thinks I'm going to waste my time debating non-sense like this...

I can do this all day:

Rep. Cory Gardner: (Dr. Frieden) I think you mentioned there were approximately 100 to 150 people a day coming into the United States from the infected areas.

Dr. Tom Frieden: That’s my understanding, yes.

Gardner: And, Mr. Wagner you admitted we’re screening 94% of those people?

John P. Wagner: As of today that covers about 94%.

Gardner: So if 94% are being covered, that means somewhere between two and three thousand people a year are coming into this country without being screened from the infected areas?

100 to 150, that's 700 to 1050 people each week. That's 4200 people a month. There are roughly 2,000 people a year don't get properly screened for Ebola.

And you think you have a prayer. Come on, loudmouth, lets see what you've got.

You have to prove that they are fleeing the Ebola virus. That is what you said. People traveled from West Africa at a similar rate before the outbreak. Were they "fleeing" or were they traveling?

Are all of the people traveling home to West Africa each day going there to meet up with the Ebola virus?

Your reasoning skills are weaker than your writing skills.

What else would they be fleeing from? Are you serious with this? Normally, people don't travel from Ebola stricken countries to America to admire the scenery.

Shush.

You haven't proved that they are "fleeing" anything. That is your problem. You made a claim. I asked you to prove it. You did not prove it. Instead, you asked a silly question based on your unproven claim and asked me if I was serious.

In your world....that is a victory for you.

In reality....it is the beginning of your thread dying a slow, painful death. I am like Ebola for your thread.

You're more like EBonehead.

-Geaux

Obama is saving our country from the dreaded Ebola

Total American deaths so far........zero

Thank you President Obama!

"Obama doesn't care about the safety of American citizens, or his own it seems"

This fails as a straw man fallacy, as you seek to misrepresent your opponents' position with contrivances and lies.
Your assessment is a post hoc fallacy, a non sequitur ...and stupid..typical.

Well since you didn't all move away when a ****** was elected President (plan A), we had no choice but to try and overrun the country with illegals (plan B), and since that didn't work now we have to use plan C, bring in lots of Ebola infected ******* with a deadly disease so that you get sick and die. Want to know what plan D is? Don't ask, but it involves fluoride in the drinking water and aliens with a fetish for medical probes.

What is *****? and *******?

There are thousands of West Africans fleeing their Ebola stricken countries, who are risking bringing with them the very deadly Ebola virus. However, Obama won't impose a travel ban. Why, you ask? According to Thomas Friedman “If we try to eliminate travel, the possibility that some will travel over land, will come from other places and we don’t know that they’re coming in, will mean that we won’t be able to do multiple things.” Friedman added, "Borders can be porous, especially in this part of the world."(1) The thing is, a travel ban would stop land travel too. It doesn't matter by what means these people get here by. You have to remember, Obama gets his advice from people such as Friedman.

Does Obama care more about maintaining the porosity of our borders than the health and welfare of American citizens? This is not a matter of liberty, this is a matter of safety. Nearly 4,000 of our men and women; belonging to the 101st Airborne Division headquarters, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 86th Combat Support Hospital, 44th Medical Brigade, and 16th Military Police Brigade are being sent to those Ebola stricken countries to build hospitals, provide medical care, and logistics support to the Liberian government. Apparently it seems, he believes our troops are more effective operating under the pall of a deadly disease, rather than on the battlefield.

Yet here on the home front, we have literally no protocol for handling this problem. Well, we did, until Obama scrapped the CDC Ebola protocol in 2010(2). Still there's no travel ban in the near future, only Obama's idea of combating the problem: with an "Ebola Czar" (add that to the list of 35 other 'Czars' he has installed since 2009).

In a meeting with his advisors, at the Oval Office of the White House concerning the need for a travel ban, Obama stated, "I don’t have a philosophical objection necessarily to a travel ban if that is the thing that is going to keep the American people safe ... the problem is that in all the discussions I’ve had, thus far, with experts in the field … is that a travel ban is less effective than the measures we are currently instituting."(3)

Why not then, does the President not act on his 'philosophy;' rather than on the whims of his advisors? Everyone in America is calling for one, both sides of congress and the American people; yet he remains stubborn. Obama's stubbornness and complacency will only get people killed.

He went on saying, “If we institute a travel ban instead of the protocols we put into place now, history shows that there is a likelihood of increased avoidance. People do not readily disclose their information, they may engage in something called broken travel — essentially breaking up their trip so that they can hide the fact they have been to one of these countries were the disease is in place. And as a result, we may end up getting less information about who has the disease, they are less likely to get treated properly, screened properly, quarantined properly, and as a consequence we may end up having more cases rather than less."

Contrary to Obama's version of 'history' an example of what could happen if this Ebola threat is not countered immediately, was in Northern Zaire. In 1976, 318 people contracted the virus, 280 of them died (4). Another instance occurred most presciently 25 years ago in 1989, in the town of Reston, Va; when dozens of monkeys imported from the Philippines suddenly died of the disease in the Hazelton Research Products' primate quarantine unit near Washington Dulles International Airport (5). The strain turned out not to be lethal to humans, but brought to light the lethality the ebolavirus presented to the American populous.

On a lighter but still serious note, Obama beamed that he had 'hugged and kissed' nurses who were still treating a doctor with at Emory University Hospital when he visited on September 16 (6). It was a week earlier on September 9, that this selfsame doctor was admitted and quarantined after being diagnosed (7). I couldn't help but notice how little he cares, not only for our health and welfare as Americans, but for his own it appears. He simply just doesn't care anymore.

Links (in chronological order, starting from top to bottom):

1. CDC chief Porous borders in Africa would undermine travel ban - Bob King - POLITICO.com

2. Ebola in the U.S. Stricter travel quarantine practices dropped by Obama admin. in 2010 - Washington Times

3. Obama I don t have a philosophical objection necessarily to a travel ban - Reuters

4. Ebola haemorrahagic fever in Zaire, 1976 - Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 56 (2): 271-293 (1978)

5. 25 years ago a different Ebola outbreak - in USA - USA Today

6. Obama I Hugged And Kissed Nurses Treating Ebola Patients In Atlanta - Huffington Post

7. Third Ebola Patient At Emory Hospital - Business Insider

Not banning flights from the Ebola Hot zones is madness its like we want Ebola here.

There are thousands of West Africans fleeing their Ebola stricken countries, who are risking bringing with them the very deadly Ebola virus. However, Obama won't impose a travel ban. Why, you ask? According to Thomas Friedman “If we try to eliminate travel, the possibility that some will travel over land, will come from other places and we don’t know that they’re coming in, will mean that we won’t be able to do multiple things.” Friedman added, "Borders can be porous, especially in this part of the world."(1) The thing is, a travel ban would stop land travel too. It doesn't matter by what means these people get here by. You have to remember, Obama gets his advice from people such as Friedman.

Does Obama care more about maintaining the porosity of our borders than the health and welfare of American citizens? This is not a matter of liberty, this is a matter of safety. Nearly 4,000 of our men and women; belonging to the 101st Airborne Division headquarters, 101st Sustainment Brigade, 86th Combat Support Hospital, 44th Medical Brigade, and 16th Military Police Brigade are being sent to those Ebola stricken countries to build hospitals, provide medical care, and logistics support to the Liberian government. Apparently it seems, he believes our troops are more effective operating under the pall of a deadly disease, rather than on the battlefield.

Yet here on the home front, we have literally no protocol for handling this problem. Well, we did, until Obama scrapped the CDC Ebola protocol in 2010(2). Still there's no travel ban in the near future, only Obama's idea of combating the problem: with an "Ebola Czar" (add that to the list of 35 other 'Czars' he has installed since 2009).

In a meeting with his advisors, at the Oval Office of the White House concerning the need for a travel ban, Obama stated, "I don’t have a philosophical objection necessarily to a travel ban if that is the thing that is going to keep the American people safe ... the problem is that in all the discussions I’ve had, thus far, with experts in the field … is that a travel ban is less effective than the measures we are currently instituting."(3)

Why not then, does the President not act on his 'philosophy;' rather than on the whims of his advisors? Everyone in America is calling for one, both sides of congress and the American people; yet he remains stubborn. Obama's stubbornness and complacency will only get people killed.

He went on saying, “If we institute a travel ban instead of the protocols we put into place now, history shows that there is a likelihood of increased avoidance. People do not readily disclose their information, they may engage in something called broken travel — essentially breaking up their trip so that they can hide the fact they have been to one of these countries were the disease is in place. And as a result, we may end up getting less information about who has the disease, they are less likely to get treated properly, screened properly, quarantined properly, and as a consequence we may end up having more cases rather than less."

Contrary to Obama's version of 'history' an example of what could happen if this Ebola threat is not countered immediately, was in Northern Zaire. In 1976, 318 people contracted the virus, 280 of them died (4). Another instance occurred most presciently 25 years ago in 1989, in the town of Reston, Va; when dozens of monkeys imported from the Philippines suddenly died of the disease in the Hazelton Research Products' primate quarantine unit near Washington Dulles International Airport (5). The strain turned out not to be lethal to humans, but brought to light the lethality the ebolavirus presented to the American populous.

On a lighter but still serious note, Obama beamed that he had 'hugged and kissed' nurses who were still treating a doctor with at Emory University Hospital when he visited on September 16 (6). It was a week earlier on September 9, that this selfsame doctor was admitted and quarantined after being diagnosed (7). I couldn't help but notice how little he cares, not only for our health and welfare as Americans, but for his own it appears. He simply just doesn't care anymore.

1. CDC chief Porous borders in Africa would undermine travel ban - Bob King - POLITICO.com

2. Ebola in the U.S. Stricter travel quarantine practices dropped by Obama admin. in 2010 - Washington Times

3. Obama I don t have a philosophical objection necessarily to a travel ban - Reuters

4. Ebola haemorrahagic fever in Zaire, 1976 - Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 56 (2): 271-293 (1978)

6. Obama I Hugged And Kissed Nurses Treating Ebola Patients In Atlanta - Huffington Post

Not banning flights from the Ebola Hot zones is madness its like we want Ebola here.
Why?

With tens of thousands of people flying from those countries to airports around the world, why aren't we seeing a global epidemic? Screen people for signs and if they are clean, let them fly. What about Americans in those countries? You just want to leave them there?

Why?

With tens of thousands of people flying from those countries to airports around the world, why aren't we seeing a global epidemic? Screen people for signs and if they are clean, let them fly. What about Americans in those countries? You just want to leave them there?

I am not saying that but if we had blocked off flights from West Africa to begin with, this whole Ebola scare would be non existant. What other Western country has cases of Ebola now besides us? its embarassing.

Why?

I am not saying that but if we had blocked off flights from West Africa to begin with, this whole Ebola scare would be non existant. What other Western country has cases of Ebola now besides us? its embarassing.
We had one case and the guy died. Two became infected and are still alive.
Far from an epidemic
West Africa has tens of millions of people of which a few thousand are infected. CDC evaluates how wide spread the disease is and how it is spread to do a risk assessment
So far the risk does not warrant a shut down

Why?

We had one case and the guy died. Two became infected and are still alive.
Far from an epidemic
West Africa has tens of millions of people of which a few thousand are infected. CDC evaluates how wide spread the disease is and how it is spread to do a risk assessment
So far the risk does not warrant a shut down

The CDC have seemed to have their heads up their asses until this point.

Forum List

Back