Is Jeb Bush The Only Real Option?

They all know their nutcase candidates can't win and Christie is pretty much dead in the water.

Republicans are realizing that Jeb Bush is their only option in 2016 - The Week

I can't see how another BUsh gets elected, especially against a Clinton.

I also dispute that Bush is the only viable candidate they have.

Walker is very viable. Kasich is viable.

Frankly, I'd rather have the GOP nominate Cruz or Rand Paul and take a shellacking. then and only then, will the GOP rank and file realize that they need to address their problems with women and working folks and minorities.

Instead, they've had the ability to say, "Well Mccain/Romney weren't 'real' conservatives, and conservatives stayed home and that's why they lost."

I don't think so

They will just claim that Cruz and Paul were not conservative enough

They all know their nutcase candidates can't win and Christie is pretty much dead in the water.

Frankly, I'd rather have the GOP nominate Cruz or Rand Paul and take a shellacking. then and only then, will the GOP rank and file realize that they need to address their problems with women and working folks and minorities.

Instead, they've had the ability to say, "Well Mccain/Romney weren't 'real' conservatives, and conservatives stayed home and that's why they lost."

Once it becomes widely known that Walker didn't graduate college; his days as a serious contender for President are over.

I don't think so

They will just claim that Cruz and Paul were not conservative enough

That is true but the GOP rank and file is running out of opportunities to use that excuse. At this point, the GOP nominee must vocally oppose:
-any tax increase at all
-oppose any path to citizenship for illegal aliens
-oppose any commonsense plank of the ACA
-oppose same sex marriage
-and oppose investment in any form of energy that doesn't come out of the earth and pollutes the air.

This is out of the gate! Who knows what the issue of the day will be in 2016.

Romney was opposed (at least at one time) to all of the above and was not called "conservative enough". I think that getting an MMA fighter to challenge the Dem nominee to a match may be their best hope of winning.

Once it becomes widely known that Walker didn't graduate college; his days as a serious contender for President are over.

I think Walker came close to getting a degree but never finished. He would do well in swing states Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio and Pennsylvania

Overall, I think he is dull and lacks charisma.

He could be a viable candidate, but I don't think he would make 270

I don't see why going to work instead of finishing his degree is a negative.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: 2016 Contender But Not A College Graduate | TIME.com

When two trusted advisers disagree, you need to be able to lean on your own experiences and intellect to make the decision. When you have no intellect and being the governor of a small state in flyover country didn't give you the experience...what then?

Jobs, Zuckerberg, Gates and Dell. I'm all for college, and imo tech schools don't impart the history and literature info that is really necessary to make decisions, but imo its a bit elitist to think that's the only avenue to experience or wisdom.

There are jobs that require various degrees. but a degree itself doesn't convey any competence.

Um NO! He will lose in the primaries because we don't need another mental midget leading the nation. It will be either Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio (YES he will make a comeback), Scott Walker or Rand Paul.

My vote and money is going to Ted Cruz!

Even Republicans hate Ted Cruz

He will never leave the clown car

Um NO! He will lose in the primaries because we don't need another mental midget leading the nation. It will be either Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio (YES he will make a comeback), Scott Walker or Rand Paul.

but he could "enliven" the primaries. I mean if agreeing that shutting down the govt was preferable to allowing Obamacare to be funded becomes a sort of litumus test for all the candidates ......

I don't see why going to work instead of finishing his degree is a negative.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker: 2016 Contender But Not A College Graduate | TIME.com

When two trusted advisers disagree, you need to be able to lean on your own experiences and intellect to make the decision. When you have no intellect and being the governor of a small state in flyover country didn't give you the experience...what then?

Jobs, Zuckerberg, Gates and Dell. I'm all for college, and imo tech schools don't impart the history and literature info that is really necessary to make decisions, but imo its a bit elitist to think that's the only avenue to experience or wisdom.

There are jobs that require various degrees. but a degree itself doesn't convey any competence.

These college types that we've elected to President and higher posts in government have delivered the greatest standard of living ever reached by any civilization...ever...period. There are no close seconds.

Would Walker be a good President? Who knows. But politically, it's a non-starter. And, yes, I admit, you'll see polls citing the 4 technical experts you listed above and a big "why not"....save it. Polls also routinely show that Americans don't like reality television and don't approve of Congress. Yet more reality shows come out every year and 90+ percent of Congress will be re-elected.

Telling a pollster that you're open to the discussion over whether a drop-out has the intellectual chops to be a good President is one thing; voting for him or her is something else.

of all the people you listed, Christie is the smartest.... which is why the radical right hates him... that and the fact that he wanted to get things done and didn't care about offending the wackobirds.

feel free to nominate any of those people... and get your butts kicked again. because none of them could carry the country... which isn't a bunch of wingnuts.

as for cruz.... not even a starter....

but he could "enliven" the primaries. I mean if agreeing that shutting down the govt was preferable to allowing Obamacare to be funded becomes a sort of litumus test for all the candidates ......

Cruz will show what a dick he is in the primaries. He will stay in the race as long as he has funding and he will have big Tea Party funding. He will spend his time attacking the patriotism of other Republicans and forcing them to accept some of his extremist platform

He will destroy the GOP ticket just to feed his immense ego

So when Hillary is unable or unwilling to run, what then Dems?

Jerry Moonbeam Brown? Bite me Biden? Fauxahontas Warren?

Democrats have no bench and are proud of it.

It's Hillary or bust.

After Hillary

Joe Biden
John Kerry
Andrew Cuomo
Elizabeth Warren
Martin O'Malley

Last edited:

It's Hillary or bust.

After Hillary

Joe Biden
John Kerry
Andrew Cuomo
Elizabeth Warren
Martin O'Malley

Biden -He will never be taken seriously by anyone- he's a punch line
Kerry is a loser - His face is botoxed to death and he's a a proven loser- non starter
Cuomo - Not liberal enough to win primaries- spotty record in NY
Warren -she's too inexperienced and lies at the drop of a hat- she'd be eaten alive
O'Malley- is unknown- he might have a shot! well, until his record is reviewed...scandals galore!

Who else ya got, in case Hilary breaks a hip?

It's Hillary or bust.

After Hillary

Joe Biden
John Kerry
Andrew Cuomo
Elizabeth Warren
Martin O'Malley

Kerry is a loser - His face is botoxed to death and he's a a proven loser- non starter
Warren -she's too inexperienced and lies at the drop of a hat- she'd be eaten alive
O'Malley- is unknown- he might have a shot! well, until his record is reviewed...scandals galore!

I guess if you get all your news from Rush and Fox you might be right
But those folks don't vote Democrat anyway

Biden and Kerry have more experience than Hillary. Biden is mocked by the right, but they mock everyone. Kerry is earning his chops as Secretary of State and your Swiftboat 2016 will fall flat

Cuomo has a good record in NY, but tends to be dull. Still better than Walker, Cruz, Paul or Ryan

Warren is too new. Unless she builds a huge following, 2016 is too early

O'Malley has a good record in Maryland but is unknown nationwide. But Dems like to nominate unknowns

After Hillary

Joe Biden
John Kerry
Andrew Cuomo
Elizabeth Warren
Martin O'Malley

Biden and Kerry have more experience than Hillary. Biden is mocked by the right, but they mock everyone. Kerry is earning his chops as Secretary of State and your Swiftboat 2016 will fall flat

Cuomo has a good record in NY, but tends to be dull. Still better than Walker, Cruz, Paul or Ryan

O'Malley has a good record in Maryland but is unknown nationwide. But Dems like to nominate unknowns

Good luck selling those turkeys. :lol:

You'd better hope Hillary doesn't bow out or drop dead, you guys have nada......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck selling those turkeys. :lol:

You'd better hope Hillary doesn't bow out or drop dead, you guys have nada......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind.....they do get to run against Republicans

That gives the huge advantage from the start

Forum List

Back