Is it possible that Hill would have no primary opposition?

He might.

That's actually why I put up the link and the thread. I cannot imagine he'd be vp for 8 years and not run. But, getting him out might have been one of Gates' motivations for that book.

Biden is such a boob and an endless gaffe machine I can't imagine that even liberals want him to run. While in the long run, the liberal tide is winning, in the short run the Democrats are highly vulnerable in the next couple elections just like W was at the end. What scares me is the Republicans long proven, deep ability to pick candidates who suck.

That meme comforts you. But it has no relationship to the truth.

That's actually why I put up the link and the thread. I cannot imagine he'd be vp for 8 years and not run. But, getting him out might have been one of Gates' motivations for that book.

Biden is such a boob and an endless gaffe machine I can't imagine that even liberals want him to run. While in the long run, the liberal tide is winning, in the short run the Democrats are highly vulnerable in the next couple elections just like W was at the end. What scares me is the Republicans long proven, deep ability to pick candidates who suck.

I see your point. How's the kool-aid?

:alcoholic:

Well, I'd probaby vote for Satan to get rid of citizens united and tip the Court two seats from John Roberts' view of what America should be.

First Thoughts: Beginning to preview Obama's State of the Union - First Read

It's down in the middle of the link. I'm not aware of a candidate for an open potus position not having "real" primary opposition

Dems are all as crazy as snakes. No way to predict. But I can tell you that she cannot win.

Of course she can win. She has the organization, the money (groups are actually fighting each other over giving her money), and she will lock up the women vote, the Latin vote, the Gay vote, and the united Democratic vote.

So you want Biden eh? Well you can have him

It's down in the middle of the link. I'm not aware of a candidate for an open potus position not having "real" primary opposition

Dems are all as crazy as snakes. No way to predict. But I can tell you that she cannot win.

Of course she can win. She has the organization, the money (groups are actually fighting each other over giving her money), and she will lock up the women vote, the Latin vote, the Gay vote, and the united Democratic vote.

In the primaries in 2008, both she and Obama took 8,000,000 votes. They were evenly split and that was with her running out of money and not having the superdelegates.

She lost by thismuch...

There just isn't a Repub who can beat her. Having said that, she may have primary challenges.

She cannot win. The shadow government of the US is comprised of wealthy and influential male chauvinists, and they are not going to allow it.

And you would put yourself at what, 5?

Sorry, Synthia, you are no more a moderate than fakesmarmy is a Republican.
I'd put myself at 2, maybe 3. Obama at 5. Bernie Sanders at 1 or 2. Bill Clinton at 7.

OK honest, and fairly accurate except for the mid point. I put John McCain at 5, Mitt Romney at 5.5 and barack obama at 2.5.
You? I guess, at 2 which is incidentally, where I peg your IQ, as well.

I hope the Dems nominate a black lesbian...just to piss the Tea Party off all over again!

I'd put myself at 2, maybe 3. Obama at 5. Bernie Sanders at 1 or 2. Bill Clinton at 7.

OK honest, and fairly accurate except for the mid point. I put John McCain at 5, Mitt Romney at 5.5 and barack obama at 2.5.

There ya go.

So you want Biden eh? Well you can have him

LOL. I left the Republican party 25 years ago because I saw how sad they were. Synthadrone can't even see Biden is a boob? Biden tops Dan Quayle and Al Gore in the top dufus VPs of modern times.

Hillary will be 69 in 2016. Biden will be 74.

Reagan was 69 when he ran in 1980. He was our oldest president in history.

So they both have that working against them. And I sure both would quote Reagan when asked about their advanced ages.

"I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

I have been waiting for Patty Murray to come to the fore, but I guess that isn't going to happen. And she will be 66 in 2016.

Elizabeth Warren? She'll be 67. And her parroting of Obama's "You Didn't Build That™" will cause much frothing at the mouth. She will be as much a lightning rod for the piss drinkers as Obama.

Martin O'Malley will throw his hat in the ring, hoping to get a cabinet position out of the deal.

Andrew Cuomo is a definite maybe.

Mark Warner is another very likely candidate.

Whoever runs, you can expect mountains of manufactured bullshit and oceans of piss being drunk by the opposition.

Last edited:
Hillary will be 69 in 2016. Biden will be 74.

Reagan was 69 when he ran in 1980. He was our oldest president in history.

So they both have that working against them. And I sure both would quote Reagan when asked about their advanced ages.

"I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

I have been waiting for Patty Murray to come to the fore, but I guess that isn't going to happen. And she will be 66 in 2016.

Elizabeth Warren? She'll be 67. And her parroting of Obama's "You Didn't Build That™" will cause much frothing at the mouth. She will be as much a lightning rod for the piss drinkers as Obama.

Martin O'Malley will throw his hat in the ring, hoping to get a cabinet position out of the deal.

Andrew Cuomo is a definite maybe.

Mark Warner is another very likely candidate.

Whoever runs, you can expect mountains of manufactured bullshit and oceans of piss being drunk by the opposition.

Assuming she's the nominee, it may be one of the few times a VP nominee actually has much bearing (aside from Palin who doomed McCain)

I thought you meant 1-10 among Democrats, Liberal to Conservative. That's why I put Clinton 7. Max Baucus, Joe Manchin, Kent Conrad, Ben Nelson, Mark Pryor - those types I put at 9 or 10.

Forum List

Back