Is it fair to blame junk food companies for people being overweight?

There is a difference between affected and controlled. Affected involves the person making the decision. Controlled involved someone else making it for you. Don't confuse factors with causes.
Thats why I listed both words. Not only are you affected you are also controlled. Power consists of someone prescribing the limits of your actions and giving you the illusion you are making your own decisions. If you werent being controlled you wouldnt be on the internet.

If I didn't want to be on the internet, I wouldn't be here. NO ONE is making me be here. I CHOOSE to do so.

Power involves convincing you that you have no choice in the matter. Seems you've been controlled.
You were convinced to be here. You didnt choose to. The power is on display when you claim you made the choice. You knew nothing about the internet until it was marketed to you.

I chose to be here. There are other ways that I can do what I'm doing. If I want to send a letter, I can send it to someone through the USPS or I can send it through email. One takes longer than the other but dependent upon the purpose or receiver, I choose which method I use. That isn't controlling although the end result is a factor is that choice. Either ways it's a choice.

I knew nothing about a lot of product/services until they were marketed. Some I choose to use, some I don't. If I had no choice, I would use the last one for which I saw and advertisement or marketing was provided.
You chose to be here but you didnt choose to be on the internet. It was marketed to you. You tried it out and here you are on the internet claiming marketing has nothing to do with your choices. Dont you find that ironic?

If I chose to be here and I'm on the internet, I chose to be on the internet. It can be marketed all day long but if I don't choose to use it, that marketing means nothing. If I choose to use it, it isn't because of the marketing. You don't know how I learned about the internet. If you claim it was because of marketing, you're saying nothing you've ever bought was done for any other reason than the one selling it convincing you to buy it.

You're simple mind may keep you controlled but many of us aren't so easily influenced.

Thats why I listed both words. Not only are you affected you are also controlled. Power consists of someone prescribing the limits of your actions and giving you the illusion you are making your own decisions. If you werent being controlled you wouldnt be on the internet.

If I didn't want to be on the internet, I wouldn't be here. NO ONE is making me be here. I CHOOSE to do so.

Power involves convincing you that you have no choice in the matter. Seems you've been controlled.
You were convinced to be here. You didnt choose to. The power is on display when you claim you made the choice. You knew nothing about the internet until it was marketed to you.

I chose to be here. There are other ways that I can do what I'm doing. If I want to send a letter, I can send it to someone through the USPS or I can send it through email. One takes longer than the other but dependent upon the purpose or receiver, I choose which method I use. That isn't controlling although the end result is a factor is that choice. Either ways it's a choice.

I knew nothing about a lot of product/services until they were marketed. Some I choose to use, some I don't. If I had no choice, I would use the last one for which I saw and advertisement or marketing was provided.
You chose to be here but you didnt choose to be on the internet. It was marketed to you. You tried it out and here you are on the internet claiming marketing has nothing to do with your choices. Dont you find that ironic?

If I chose to be here and I'm on the internet, I chose to be on the internet. It can be marketed all day long but if I don't choose to use it, that marketing means nothing. If I choose to use it, it isn't because of the marketing. You don't know how I learned about the internet. If you claim it was because of marketing, you're saying nothing you've ever bought was done for any other reason than the one selling it convincing you to buy it.
Your choice was controlled by marketing. You made the decision to be here because you were controlled into trying out the internet. Its ok as long as you are aware of it. Yes I do how you heard about the internet. Someone told you.

Your choice was controlled by marketing. You made the decision to be here because you were controlled into trying out the internet. Its ok as long as you are aware of it. Yes I do how you heard about the internet. Someone told you.

My choice was controlled by my decision. You make it out as if there was no other action for me to take but go on the internet. It's OK if you want to admit your brain capacity only allows you to do what others force you to do.

My choice was controlled by my decision. You make it out as if there was no other action for me to take but go on the internet. It's OK if you want to admit your brain capacity only allows you to do what others force you to do.
No. What you are doing is rationalizing that you made a choice because you refuse to accept that marketing controls you. There is another action you could have taken. You could have never gotten on the internet. You had no reason to so why did you?

No. What you are doing is rationalizing that you made a choice because you refuse to accept that marketing controls you. There is another action you could have taken. You could have never gotten on the internet. You had no reason to so why did you?

Since you don't know me making a determination about you makes you a dumbass.

I did so because I chose to do so.

You choose to do so because the internet was marketed to you. Now you are addicted.

No. It is only fair to blame the person who consumes junk food in large quantities, for being overweight. Personal responsibility and accountability. Two attitudes most Americans used to be proud of possessing.

This is the same argument that cigarette manufacturers used to justify selling their poison. The courts disagreed with them. So do a lot of Americans. Sugar may be nearly as addictive as crack cocaine. And if that is the case, people eating it, and craving it due to addiction aren't the only ones responsible for their condition...

Oreos study How cookies and crack affect brain WJLA.com

You choose to do so because the internet was marketed to you.

Again, you can't speak for anyone but yourself on anything related to this issue. Trying to speak for me is typical of your kind. Perhaps that's why we have things like Social Security. You justify it as looking out for the people when it's nothing more than what would be considered control.

I'm sorry, does Wal Mart not sell both? The only places I know of that sell only junk food are gas stations and if you're seeking those out for a source of real food that is your problem, not the food's problem.

IMO, if a person wants to seriously get healthy, they will not shop at Walmart. It's worth the extra money to shop at the health food store. Trying to find products without the high fructose corn syrup in Walmart is next to impossible.

Again, you can't speak for anyone but yourself on anything related to this issue. Trying to speak for me is typical of your kind. Perhaps that's why we have things like Social Security. You justify it as looking out for the people when it's nothing more than what would be considered control.
I can speak for you because I know the truth. You do many things...not out of choice but because of marketing. Sorry but scientists and marketers have already figured this out long ago. There is a reason you brush your teeth everyday. You were marketed the idea and you bit on it.

I can speak for you because I know the truth. You do many things...not out of choice but because of marketing. Sorry but scientists and marketers have already figured this out long ago. There is a reason you brush your teeth everyday. You were marketed the idea and you bit on it.

You can't speak for anyone but yourself fuckhead. Thinking you can shows you're nothing more than the typical Liberal asshole that thinks he knows what's better for people than they do. It's people like you as to why we have an unqualified piece of shit in the White House. He controlled you into believing you should vote for him because he's black. He marketed it to you.

You can't speak for anyone but yourself fuckhead. Thinking you can shows you're nothing more than the typical Liberal asshole that thinks he knows what's better for people than they do. It's people like you as to why we have an unqualified piece of shit in the White House. He controlled you into believing you should vote for him because he's black. He marketed it to you.
I'm speaking for you specifically. Now youre trying to divert the issue because you are angry I pointed out the truth to you.

I'm speaking for you specifically. Now youre trying to divert the issue because you are angry I pointed out the truth to you.

All you do is run your mouth like the true piece of shit you are. I speak specifically for you on that matter. On that I don't have a choice because you've marketed that level of character leaving only one option.

All you do is run your mouth like the true piece of shit you are. I speak specifically for you on that matter. On that I don't have a choice because you've marketed that level of character leaving only one option.
I can see you are emotionally invested in your supposed choice. Feel free to disregard anything I said.

It's your own fault if you're fat. PERIOD.

I'm fixing to have chili cheese fries and a hot dog for dinner. But not from some shitty fast food restaurant, homemade so I can somewhat control the ingredients, AND tomorrow I'll be up at 5 AM getting ready for my morning run.

I eat whatever I want and at age 43 weigh 5 pounds more than I did when I graduated high school.

I'm fixing to have chili cheese fries and a hot dog for dinner. But not from some shitty fast food restaurant, homemade so I can somewhat control the ingredients, AND tomorrow I'll be up at 5 AM getting ready for my morning run.

I eat whatever I want and at age 43 weigh 5 pounds more than I did when I graduated high school.

Who here thinks belowaveragebear is fat? LOL!
Guess you forgot what zone you're in.

Normally, I'd let it slide, but you are nothing but nasty in every post you make.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

Excuse me Bear but, obesity is not and never has been simply a matter or personal control. There are genetic, biochemical, as well as microbiological reasons why people become obese. I would point you to links but I seriously doubt that you are interested in reading up on the matter, so I will leave you with a suggestion - check your facts before you post. I will also remind you that this is the clean debate zone. Be nice.

Excuse me Bear but, obesity is not and never has been simply a matter or personal control. There are genetic, biochemical, as well as microbiological reasons why people become obese. I would point you to links but I seriously doubt that you are interested in reading up on the matter, so I will leave you with a suggestion - check your facts before you post. I will also remind you that this is the clean debate zone. Be nice.

Frankly, that is bullshit

People over eat and don't exercise, PERIOD.

This thread seems to boil down to egocentrism. "If it didn't happen to me, it doesn't happen, PERIOD".
A simple inability to see beyond one's own self-enclosed bubble.

Kind of like saying "I don't have Multiple Sclerosis, therefore there's no such thing".

blind.gif

Forum List

Back