Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

I've dealt directly with courts in the past...most lawyers suck.

Both lawyers know the law. Yet they will argue the losing side if the person is stupid enough to Shell out money. It isn't about law. It is about wearing down the other side in Hopes that the correct side will give up. They usually do. Mature people eventually realizes some things aren't worth fighting for. Just because you lose in court doesn't mean you are wrong. It just means you lost the will to fight.

Both lawyers know the law. Yet they will argue the losing side if the person is stupid enough to Shell out money. It isn't about law. It is about wearing down the other side in Hopes that the correct side will give up. They usually do. Mature people eventually realizes some things aren't worth fighting for. Just because you lose in court doesn't mean you are wrong. It just means you lost the will to fight.
Knowing the Law and Determining Constitutionality are not equivalent.

Knowing the Law and Determining Constitutionality are not equivalent.

The constitution is part of the law.

A law that says I can't say the n word is a law. The constitution saying you can't restrict speech is also the law. Judges will side with the one that gets them reelected which would mean punishing the person for saying the n word. Then 5 years later the US Supreme Court will apply the law. The law was the law the whole time. It was just side stepped for a few years. The constitution is the framework for our legal system. How can it not be part of the law?

The constitution is part of the law.

A law that says I can't say the n word is a law. The constitution saying you can't restrict speech is also the law. Judges will side with the one that gets them reelected which would mean punishing the person for saying the n word. Then 5 years later the US Supreme Court will apply the law. The law was the law the whole time. It was just side stepped for a few years. The constitution is the framework for our legal system. How can it not be part of the law?
Courts look to establish "facts", only SCOTUS determines constitutionality.

I've dealt directly with courts in the past...most lawyers suck.

Personally I will plead guilty to anything I am charged with in the future. I don't need a lawyer for that. If it is a serious charge with prison time I will just plead the fifth and put my affairs in order to go live in prison.

Fighting a corrupt system is like the average guy fighting the heavy weigh champion with 2 years of intense training that costed tens of thousands of dollars. You lose twice when you could have just agreed that you would lose right off the bat.

Just avoid pissing off crazy people and avoid criminal charges altogether. Once the charges are filed you already lost even if you win.

Personally I will plead guilty to anything I am charged with in the future. I don't need a lawyer for that. If it is a serious charge with prison time I will just plead the fifth and put my affairs in order to go live in prison.

Fighting a corrupt system is like the average guy fighting the heavy weigh champion with 2 years of intense training that costed tens of thousands of dollars. You lose twice when you could have just agreed that you would lose right off the bat.

Just avoid pissing off crazy people and avoid criminal charges altogether. Once the charges are filed you already lost even if you win.
Was it a zoning or custody matter?

Good thing for her and the country that this lady didn't have the defeatist attitude you do.

Supreme Court sides with woman after county sold her condo over tax bill, keeping all the money

The judge is obligated to act on the law as written.

In my example the law would say, "Anyone guilty of using the term n------r is guilt of a Class 3 misdemeanor and must pay a fine of $50."

So if a person agreed to saying the n word, would the judge be required to convict based on the law or could the judge make the distinction that saying the n word cannot be illegal? What about a jury? Can they legally determine the person not guilty when the facts say the person broke the law?

So ignoring the constitution is required?
That's not the job of a judge....a jury may nullify.

But in this country, tovarish, SCOTUS determines constitutionality.

As per The Constitution.
In my example the law would say, "Anyone guilty of using the term n------r is guilt of a Class 3 misdemeanor and must pay a fine of $50."

So if a person agreed to saying the n word, would the judge be required to convict based on the law or could the judge make the distinction that saying the n word cannot be illegal? What about a jury? Can they legally determine the person not guilty when the facts say the person broke the law?
Some laws suck.

Their Constitutionality is determined by SCOTUS.

Good thing for her and the country that this lady didn't have the defeatist attitude you do.

Supreme Court sides with woman after county sold her condo over tax bill, keeping all the money

All things considered, did she really win? I bet this battle was several years and over one hundred thousand dollars. I don't have one hundred thousand dollars to stand up for what is right. Even if I did, I wouldn't. Lawyers win 100% of the time. People rarely have an overall win even when they "win".

Forum List

Back