Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

There is a practical side of law and the right side of the law. We let the practical side win many times even when it is very wrong.

Proving you are right in court could take years.

My reply was in response to someone who noted that one was going with the Constitution over what is simply a later law. The Constitution always wins. The person noted that and went with the Constitution. All the rest of the conversations revolving around that is irrelevant.

It does not take years for one to take the Constitutional road in the first place.

All Reagan did was save America from libs who were running it into the ground

Reagan accomplished a lot. Trump accomplished a lot. That was on both of their agendas. It was not accomplished. The bureaucracy is a force more powerful than we the people and it has been so since February 3, 1913.

The Constitution always wins.

I love it. I used to believe that too. I joined the military 3 days after I turned 18 based on that belief. Now I tell young people to stay far away from the military. There is nothing worth fighting for any more. Go to your local courthouse on Tuesday and watch four or five cases. That will debunk your theory in a matter of minutes. The constitution often loses. That's why we have higher courts.

My reply was in response to someone who noted that one was going with the Constitution over what is simply a later law. The Constitution always wins. The person noted that and went with the Constitution. All the rest of the conversations revolving around that is irrelevant.

It does not take years for one to take the Constitutional road in the first place.

Fake news? Let me give you an example when the constitution won.

Read this fake news story or don't.

Lol I used to think that. I am guessing you have never seen a court room for anything other than traffic violations. What you say is true but the reality is much more complex than that.

Step one: Unconstitutional law is passed
Step two: Person is charged for breaking unconstitutional law. This is considered day one.
Step three: Person is convicted of breaking the unconstitutional law. This is day 180.
Step four: Appeal is reviewed and upheld. This is day 360.
Step five: Convicted person saves up enough money to hire a lawyer to take the case to the state supreme court. This is day 1016.
Step six: State supreme court upholds the decision. This is day 1245.
Step seven: Convicted person saves up enough money to hire a lawyer to appeal to the supreme court. This is day 1719.
Step eight: The US Supreme Court declares the law to be unconstitutional. The convicted person is free and clear from any wrong doing. This is day 1825.

So basically you are right but how right? Right enough to complete all 8 steps I mentioned above? It isn't worth 5 years of torture to most people to chase a principle. These unconstitutional laws can stay in effect for decades if they aren't challenged. If the punishment is minimal enough then the law never gets challenged. People just accept the punishment and just know they are right in their own heart. They just let the unjust law stand for practical reasons.
These unconstitutional laws can stay in effect for decades if they aren't challenged
That's nonsense.

Constitutional issues are rarely brought before the Court by individual plaintiffs...

Someone (s) with "standing" is/are solicited by interest groups who provide the attorneys.

That's nonsense.

Constitutional issues are rarely brought before the Court by individual plaintiffs...

Someone (s) with "standing" is/are solicited by interest groups who provide the attorneys.

My point is that the laws are upheld on a daily basis that are unconstitutional. pknobb seems to think the Constitution always wins. That isn't what I have observed. I see the constitution lose all the time. Judges have no accountability other than the right to appeal their decisions. Who has the time, patience, or money for that? Some people just pay the $1,000 fine, do the 10 days in jail or whatever and move on with life. The law is not automatic especially constitutional law. It has to be fought. Most people don't fight it.

My point is that the laws are upheld on a daily basis that are unconstitutional. pknobb seems to think the Constitution always wins.

Bite me and your inability to be able to read and comprehend what I said.

My point is that the laws are upheld on a daily basis that are unconstitutional. pknobb seems to think the Constitution always wins. That isn't what I have observed. I see the constitution lose all the time. Judges have no accountability other than the right to appeal their decisions. Who has the time, patience, or money for that? Some people just pay the $1,000 fine, do the 10 days in jail or whatever and move on with life. The law is not automatic especially constitutional law. It has to be fought. Most people don't fight it.
How do you know what is "constitutional"?

Bite me and your inability to be able to read and comprehend what I said.

If I have given the fake news, can you give the real news?

You are saying government officials are obligated to override unconstitutional laws. People also aren't supposed to speed.

I think we probably agree. You just have an aversion to thinking. So you just scream fake news to avoid thought or conversation. Believe me I get it. I grew up in Alabama. I seen it all the time.

If I have given the fake news, can you give the real news?

You are saying government officials are obligated to override unconstitutional laws. People also aren't supposed to speed.

I think we probably agree. You just have an aversion to thinking. So you just scream fake news to avoid thought or conversation. Believe me I get it. I grew up in Alabama. I seen it all the time.

I post the "fake news" when a person posts something not worth responding to. I explained my remark. You simply were not able to comprehend what I said I guess so it's a waste of time to continue.

How do you know what is "constitutional"?

If skilled lawyers on both sides of an issue can accurately predict the supreme court of the United States's position to determine the law unconstitutional even years before the decision is made then it is unconstitutional. The lower court charades is just stalling tactics to preserve power. There are tons of enforced laws that are unconstitutional. Everyone knows they are unconstitutional but they like them. As long as the punishment for breaking these laws is minimal then they will never be challenged.

Would you rather pay an unfair $1,000 fine or fork out $500,000 to take a petty case to the Supreme Court? You guys believe what you want. I honestly think you could go to any courthouse in America and listen to all the cases for one full day and change your prospective.

The constitution is abused constantly but I didn't learn this until recently. If you would have told me the same thing 2 years ago I would have laughed at you too. So you are lucky that you still believe in America. I don't.

I post the "fake news" when a person posts something not worth responding to. I explained my remark. You simply were not able to comprehend what I said I guess so it's a waste of time to continue.

So thinking is out of the question? Understood. No further discussion is necessary. Bless you friend.

If skilled lawyers on both sides of an issue can accurately predict the supreme court of the United States's position to determine the law unconstitutional even years before the decision is made then it is unconstitutional. The lower court charades is just stalling tactics to preserve power. There are tons of enforced laws that are unconstitutional. Everyone knows they are unconstitutional but they like them. As long as the punishment for breaking these laws is minimal then they will never be challenged.

Would you rather pay an unfair $1,000 fine or fork out $500,000 to take a petty case to the Supreme Court? You guys believe what you want. I honestly think you could go to any courthouse in America and listen to all the cases for one full day and change your prospective.

The constitution is abused constantly but I didn't learn this until recently. If you would have told me the same thing 2 years ago I would have laughed at you too. So you are lucky that you still believe in America. I don't.
"Everybody knows" what you've only learned in the past 2 years...

Hmmmmm.

Where did you learn this?

Forum List

Back