Zone1 Is it a bit ironic that certain Jews in Israel will not serve in the Israeli military due to their religious beliefs?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I'm neither Israeli, nor Jewish, so it is actually none of my beezwax, so feel free to ignore me.

I don't believe in conscription in the United States. I'm not Israeli, so I don't criticize them for having a draft to maintain readiness, being surrounded by nations that either call for the destruction of Israel, or are at-risk to be taken over anytime by people who would call for the destruction of Israel. If I were Israeli, I would object to Israelis who will not serve being given the right to vote.

I actually wish we had a system in which a citizen must bear arms or at least volunteer to be conscripted if need be, in order to vote. The founders believed that people who owned the country should run it, so they only allowed landowners to vote. They were off the mark. They should have only allowed veterans, people who had fought for the republic, to participate in running it.

I'm neither Israeli, nor Jewish, so it is actually none of my beezwax, so feel free to ignore me.

I don't believe in conscription in the United States. I'm not Israeli, so I don't criticize them for having a draft to maintain readiness, being surrounded by nations that either call for the destruction of Israel, or are at-risk to be taken over anytime by people who would call for the destruction of Israel. If I were Israeli, I would object to Israelis who will not serve being given the right to vote.

I actually wish we had a system in which a citizen must bear arms or at least volunteer to be conscripted if need be, in order to vote. The founders believed that people who owned the country should run it, so they only allowed landowners to vote. They were off the mark. They should have only allowed veterans, people who had fought for the republic, to participate in running it.
I'm going to guess it's the Hissidic Jews who won't serve. Super religious sect of Judaoism. Wouldn't surprise me in fact it would surprise me to hear they do serve.

Uh...................we already have that. It's called the Selective Service System. Every male is required to register on their 18th birthday, but can delay up to their 26th. Failure to register after turning 26 is a felony. Every male ALREADY volunteers to be conscripted via that system.

And now that women are allowed in the military and can serve in forward deployed combat billets, I think that Congress should mandate that EVERYONE should register with the Selective Service when they turn 18.

Me? I enlisted in DEP when I was 17, and was in boot camp for the Navy 3 days after I turned 18 and served over 20 years. Just out of curiosity (no judgement), did you register for the Selective Service or volunteer to serve in the military?

Interestingly enough, only 1 percent of the population of this country joins the military. Veterans are a rare breed nowadays.

I'm going to guess it's the Hissidic Jews who won't serve. Super religious sect of Judaoism. Wouldn't surprise me in fact it would surprise me to hear they do serve.
Hasidic jews dont serve, nor do they work or pay taxes. In fact, they live off of tax payer money. They get a nice monthly stipend. Hasidic jews are total fucking losers. They harass women who pray at the Western Wall. They hurl crude insults at them, tear up their prayer books and throw shit at them. Normal jews should kick the living shit out of Hasidics on sight. Everyone in the world should adopt this policy.

There are a million stories like this....

Last edited:
Hasidic jews dont serve, nor do they work or pay taxes. In fact, they live off of tax payer money. They get a nice monthly stipend. Hasidic jews are total fucking losers. They harass women who pray at the Western Wall. They hurl crude insults at them, tear up their prayer books and throw shit at them. Normal jews should kick the living shit out of Hasidics on sight. Everyone in the world should adopt this policy.

There are a million stories like this....

I have met them. Rude mother fuckers. Arrogant. One got in my fucking car and told me where to take him. Not kidding. And he didn't act appreciative he acted like he hated having to get into my non jewish car that wasn't blessed by a Rabbi. But it beat walking.

Religious nutjobs getting special snowflake rights for no reason is a longstanding human tradition.

Uh...................we already have that. It's called the Selective Service System. Every male is required to register on their 18th birthday, but can delay up to their 26th. Failure to register after turning 26 is a felony. Every male ALREADY volunteers to be conscripted via that system.

And now that women are allowed in the military and can serve in forward deployed combat billets, I think that Congress should mandate that EVERYONE should register with the Selective Service when they turn 18.
It's not voluntary when it is a felony not to do it. But I agree that if it applies to men, it should apply to women.

I just think it should be a requirement to be allowed to vote. If you won't defend the country, don't expect to participate in its government. If not military service, law enforcement. The country was founded by men (and some women) with guns willing to protect it. Such men and women are still vital.
Me? I enlisted in DEP when I was 17, and was in boot camp for the Navy 3 days after I turned 18 and served over 20 years. Just out of curiosity (no judgement), did you register for the Selective Service or volunteer to serve in the military?

Interestingly enough, only 1 percent of the population of this country joins the military. Veterans are a rare breed nowadays.
Thank you for your service.

I enlisted in DEP during Christmas break after one pathetic semester of college, and left for BCT on 2 January 1981. I decided to enlist about two days after the idea first occurred to me. At that time they had two year enlistments available, so I decided to take the time to decide what career I wanted and see some of the world, which for me meant Germany and Europe. The military wasn't my thing, but I figured I could play the game.

I loved it. I extended for six months and then ETS'd after I had 60 college credits, specifically so I could join ROTC as a Junior and be back in the service as an LT in two years. Served in the Reserves while in college. Served four years as an officer, and got out to pursue civilian life.

I had not registered with the Selective Service because I was libertarian even then, and I thought it was another of Carter's asinine attempts to distract attention from his severe weakness as president. No one in the Army mentioned me not being registered until it was time to get out the first time. Then we all had to either register or re-register as a part of out-processing. Just as with the shots, even if you're sure you've had them, you get them again.

I still didn't agree with it, but I followed orders, having sworn to do so.

I think that we should have registration for conscription with the only penalty for not being loss of the franchise. Do we really want people in the military who don't care enough about our democratic republic to take a chance on being drafted in order to vote? I'd rather not have such a fella beside me in a foxhole.

If someone registers, votes and then does not answer a future call to service, they should get the full penalty for fraudulent voting with each vote cast being a separate count of the charge.

Forum List

Back