Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

Their hearts were filled with hatred. That is why. He brought a new covenant= Love-- the Israelite leaders lacked it.
My reply .....
The Israelites are God's Own Chosen people. Christianity is an abomination and desecrater of the Covenant. Christians (by Judaism's own principles) will be allowed into heaven by following merely Ten of the many Commandments. This is the "love" Judaism has given you but Christianity does not reciprocate the love and tolerance that Judaism has afforded you. Christianity is the practice of hate and lies (particularly what they say about Judaism) .....
Your reply ..... SILENCE. Why? Because you didn't know that.

You know nothing about religion. Post after post, page after page I have proved that I know much more than you. You don't even know the most fundamental principles of religion.
Your reply ....

John 20:17, Rev 3:12- John 4:22-24--truth from Jesus
Note that you are quoting John ... not Jesus or God. Why? Because neither God nor Jesus wrote the Bible. It is a work of fiction.

My reply .....

Your reply ..... SILENCE. Why? Because you didn't know that.

Your reply ....

Note that you are quoting John ... not Jesus or God. Why? Because neither God nor Jesus wrote the Bible. It is a work of fiction.
There was no silence, I showed you Israel religion is cut off-Matthew 23:38
You shall see soon how real the bible is.

There was no silence, I showed you Israel religion is cut off-Matthew 23:38
You shall see soon how real the bible is.
Yes, you were silent. You avoided the issue. You said the Israelites were hateful and I proved to you >>> PROVED TO YOU that Judaism is tolerant and it is the Christians who are filled with hate. Judaism teaches that anyone, no matter what religion, can find favour in God by adhering to ONLY TEN of the many commandments while the Jews must follow the strict, orthodox Jewish commandments that number nearly 613. The Christians, on the other hand, say that only Christians can come to heaven. Christianity is hateful.

Yes, you were silent. You avoided the issue. You said the Israelites were hateful and I proved to you >>> PROVED TO YOU that Judaism is tolerant and it is the Christians who are filled with hate. Judaism teaches that anyone, no matter what religion, can find favour in God by adhering to ONLY TEN of the many commandments while the Jews must follow the strict, orthodox Jewish commandments that number nearly 613. The Christians, on the other hand, say that only Christians can come to heaven. Christianity is hateful.
You should read Matthew 23--Jesus tells the Israelite religious leaders off. They were apostocised and remain that way until they do Matthew 23:39--they have outright refused for over 1950 years.
The bible teaches-Only 144.00 are bought from the earth Rev 14:3) The rest receive this promise-Psalm 37:9-11,29, Matthew 5:5) none rejecting Jesus are righteous.

You should read Matthew 23--Jesus tells the Israelite religious leaders off. They were apostocised and remain that way until they do Matthew 23:39--they have outright refused for over 1950 years.
The bible teaches-Only 144.00 are bought from the earth Rev 14:3) The rest receive this promise-Psalm 37:9-11,29, Matthew 5:5) none rejecting Jesus are righteous.
In a battle of knowledge, you are an unarmed man. *** For the third time now you have been struck silent on the issue of "hated" ***. Very simply, you do not know what you are talking about. You know NOTHING about religion. It would be less painful for you if you stop trying to BS me with silly superstition and backing it up with a book of fiction that was written neither by God nor by Christ.

Jesus for kjw47.jpg

In a battle of knowledge, you are an unarmed man. *** For the third time now you have been struck silent on the issue of "hated" ***. Very simply, you do not know what you are talking about. You know NOTHING about religion. It would be less painful for you if you stop trying to BS me with silly superstition and backing it up with a book of fiction that was written neither by God nor by Christ.

View attachment 587519

God will be showing all soon who is who. You can twist it all you like it does not make you right.
Jesus came and showed all Gods loving side, he didnt teach hatred. That is wicked mens twisted view. But soon he will show the Jehovah of armies side to this earth. The Israelites know of Jehovah of armies side. When he fought for them many times. But when they were apostocised he had worldly armies beat them. In Fact Jesus warned Israel about 70 ad. they would not listen. They still wont listen. The warning of what is coming has been there over 1900 years. There is no excuse.
Twisted dogmas teach a literal place of eternal suffering, those do not know God.

God will be showing all soon who is who. You can twist it all you like it does not make you right.
Jesus came and showed all Gods loving side, he didnt teach hatred. That is wicked mens twisted view. But soon he will show the Jehovah of armies side to this earth. The Israelites know of Jehovah of armies side. When he fought for them many times. But when they were apostocised he had worldly armies beat them. In Fact Jesus warned Israel about 70 ad. they would not listen. They still wont listen. The warning of what is coming has been there over 1900 years. There is no excuse.
Twisted dogmas teach a literal place of eternal suffering, those do not know God.
Utter fantasy. Pure bull crappy. Not a single thing is true so you've been dupped.

kjw47 GLASNOST

I guess the donkey and the oxen had been very astonished about the Jewish baby in their feeding trough.

חג מולד שמח ושנה טובה · חג מולד שמח ושנה טובה

Translation:​

Feliz Navidad, Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand, Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo, Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo, Gun Tso Sun Tan’Gung Haw Sun, Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan, Glædelig Jul, Zalig Kerstfeast, Merry Christmas, Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!, Gajan Kristnaskon, Gledhilig jol og eydnurikt nyggjar!,Hyvaa joulua, Joyeux Noel, Noflike Krystdagen en in protte Lok en Seine yn it Nije Jier!, Bo Nada, Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ùr!, Fröhliche Weihnachten, Kala Christouyenna!, Mo’adim Lesimkha. Chena tova, Shub Naya Baras, Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket, Gledileg Jol, Selamat Hari Natal, Nollaig Shona Dhuit, or Nodlaig mhaith chugnat, Buone Feste Natalizie, Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto, Sung Tan Chuk Ha, Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo, Bon Nadal i un Bon Any Nou!, Pace e salute, Sretan Bozic, Prieci’gus Ziemsve’tkus un Laimi’gu Jauno Gadu!, Linksmy Šv. Kalédy, LL Milied Lt-tajjeb, God Jul, or Gledelig Jul, Bikpela hamamas blong dispela Krismas na Nupela yia i go long yu, En frehlicher Grischtdaag un en hallich Nei Yaahr!, Maligayan Pasko!, Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia or Boze Narodzenie, Feliz Natal, Sarbatori vesele, Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom, Hristos se rodi, Sretan Bozic or Vesele vianoce, Feliz Navidad, God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt År, Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok, Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun, Srozhdestvom Kristovym, Kellemes karácsonyt és boldog Újévet!, Chung Mung Giang Sinh, ...​

... and a happy new year 2022, 2023, 2024 ...​

The funny part is Ehrman claims Jesus was a real person and so were the Apostles. These people never read anything

But they wrote? As fas as I know they did not follow the bad examples of the people of the 21st century in the English speaking world to write and not to read - to try to brainwash everyone's opinion without to learn and to think about the plausibility of the own opinions.

and don't have the first clue even about those they cite.

But you studied the history of the first century and you understand now why in the first century AD the Greek "cultura franka" in the Roman empire overtook the religious philosophy of the new Christian atheists - like life giving water in a dead spiritual wasteland?

Last edited:
I didn't know that Christians make up 99% of the world population. And who was it now who told you that g_d sees the world as 99% wicked? Oh yeah, I know .... :laughing0301:

View attachment 587847

There are many false religions on earth and those who have nothing to do with God.
1Cor 6:9-11--Gal 5:19-21 on top of my first sentence=99% on earth.
Go ahead and laugh--They laughed in Noahs day as well, Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day.

There are many false religions on earth and those who have nothing to do with God.
Focusing on "western" religion we have:
* Judaism: 4,000 years old
* Christianity: 2,000 years old
* Islam: 600 years old.

Judaism is the founder of monotheism, Islam is the follower of monotheism and Christianity is the destroyer of monotheism. In any case, both Christianity and Islam are infidels of Judaism so they can be put straight into the bin of "false religions" without any doubt whatsoever. Whether or not Judaism is also a "false religion" can only be determined when and if creation is revealed.

Go ahead and laugh--They laughed in Noahs day as well, Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day.
"In Noah's day"? :auiqs.jpg:The world is still laughing. It is very simple - Christianity and Islam are false religions. It is uncertain if Judaism is a false religion or not. Breaking it down to a common denominator, believers in the Christian and Islamic God are nothing more than superstitions. Judaism is, as I've already proved to you, uncertain but in all probability there is a great amount of superstion there as well. Atheists are only slightly less superstitious than those and it is only Agnosticism that is not superstitious at all and is, therefore, the most sensible. I can tell you right now that if there is a God, who will judge us on our celestial convictions, then it is the Agnostics who will be most highly regarded by whatever Supreme Being is behind "life".

*** Christianity is as credible as pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

mystic 3.gif

Focusing on "western" religion we have:
* Judaism: 4,000 years old
* Christianity: 2,000 years old
* Islam: 600 years old.

Judaism is the founder of monotheism, Islam is the follower of monotheism and Christianity is the destroyer of monotheism. In any case, both Christianity and Islam are infidels of Judaism so they can be put straight into the bin of "false religions" without any doubt whatsoever. Whether or not Judaism is also a "false religion" can only be determined when and if creation is revealed.

"In Noah's day"? :auiqs.jpg:The world is still laughing. It is very simple - Christianity and Islam are false religions. It is uncertain if Judaism is a false religion or not. Breaking it down to a common denominator, believers in the Christian and Islamic God are nothing more than superstitions. Judaism is, as I've already proved to you, uncertain but in all probability there is a great amount of superstion there as well. Atheists are only slightly less superstitious than those and it is only Agnosticism that is not superstitious at all and is, therefore, the most sensible. I can tell you right now that if there is a God, who will judge us on our celestial convictions, then it is the Agnostics who will be most highly regarded by whatever Supreme Being is behind "life".

*** Christianity is as credible as pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

View attachment 587877

I serve the God of Abraham-a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah) so did Jesus and his followers back then. I have been telling- 99% of all religion claiming to be christian, isnt in reality. They wont listen to facts.

I serve the God of Abraham-a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah) so did Jesus and his followers back then. I have been telling- 99% of all religion claiming to be christian, isnt in reality. They wont listen to facts.
Look, you belong to a "false religion" (your own words) that does not believe in ONE GOD but believes in many superstitious practices and incantations. The Jews, who founded the ONE GOD philosophy, have a relationship with God himself and they pray to Him. Christians, on the other hand, have removed themselves from the belief in God and, instead pray to Jesus, Maria, and an untold number of idols and statures. In fact, Christianity forbids its followers from circumnavigating Jesus claiming that if they don't believe in all of the hocus-pocus and superstition about Christ then they ARE NOT CHRISTIAN and will not be allowed into heaven.

If you want to believe in all of that crap it's up to you. I'm not trying to convert you. I don't even want to convert you. You just carry on because it is your own conscience that will be your downfall that may pave the way for your entry into hell.

Last edited:
I find this piece interesting and tellworthy, because nowadays many denie the christian roots of Christmas they just equal it with ancient pagan roots, and consumerism. They want to erase the Christ out of Christmas. Many just say "But Christmas is pagan not Christian."

Read Catholic Roots of Christmas

Catholic Roots of Christmas
December 19, 2020
Christmas honors the pivotal day which altered all of history. Christians around the world celebrate Christmas as the birthday of Christ Jesus. On this day, God Incarnate departed the hidden tabernacle of Mary’s womb into the blissful embrace of His mother’s arms. And she, in turn, presented this unblemished child, this Divine Gift, to all the world that we might adore Him as “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

catholicrootsofchristmas.jpg

As with any child’s arrival, there are many preparations to be made before welcoming the new family member; an expecting family gathers bathing items, blankets, and a collection of cozy outfits. Faithful members of the Catholic Christian family prepare for Christ’s coming by observing the season of Advent.

Advent is a time of joyful anticipation in which the faithful prepare their hearts for the most special arrival of the Divine Infant. Formally introduced by the Council of Tours in 567 AD, the Advent season begins four Sundays prior to Christmas Day. This period provides a precursor to the special holy day when the Light of the World shines amidst the darkness, the Sign of Hope dispels all despair.

One Catholic tradition orienting believers toward Christ’s coming is the Nativity Scene. This practice harkens back to Medieval times when in 1223, St. Francis of Assisi directed a live nativity scene as a form of public remembrance honoring Christ’s birth. St. Francis wanted to bring the Gospels to life, assigning parts for Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and others so that in witnessing this reenactment, all people would learn the extraordinary story of God’s love for mankind. Often the nativity creche remains empty until Christmas Eve as a reminder that the faithful eagerly await the Christ child. And when the Divine Infant arrives, how much greater is the joy during the Christmas vigil when Baby Jesus joins the Holy Family and all humanity!

When the faithful prepare their hearts properly, the blessings of Christmas may be appreciated in full. “We Christians are called to safeguard and spread the joy of waiting,” Pope Francis declared in a Vatican address. Additionally, much as the faithful await Christ’s birth in remembrance of the first Christmas, the Catholic liturgical readings point the faithful toward awaiting Christ’s ultimate return upon Judgement Day.

According to Catholic tradition, the rejoicing of Christ’s coming lasts considerably longer than one great day. Rather, it stretches from the Christmas vigil Mass until the Feast of the Epiphany, sometimes called Three Kings’ Day.

Why did the Church choose to celebrate Christ’s birth on December 25? The most direct answer is that according to the Roman calendar, this day marked the winter solstice. Saint Augustine explained the significance of this day in remembering Christ’s coming, writing, “on the day which is the shortest in our earthly reckoning and from which subsequent days begin to increase in length. He, therefore, who bent low and lifted us up chose the shortest day, yet the one whence light begins to increase.”

The most excellent Catholic tradition of celebrating Christmas as a family is attending Holy Mass together. Even young adults who may have strayed from observing other tenets of their Catholic faith will often return to Mass with their families in order to observe the sacred Feast of the Nativity.

Christmas is a rare time when the Mass readings differ according to the order in which the Mass is offered. There are four distinct Christmas Masses. The Vigil Mass is offered at the start of Christmas Eve. The Mass of the angels is a popular celebration, offered at midnight. The Dawn Mass is called the Mass of the Shepherds; it is offered early morning. Finally, on Christmas Day, the priest offers the Mass of the Divine Word.

The Christmas octave is punctuated with a feast that originally honored Christ’s circumcision. In present times, the Catholic Church commemorates the first day of the year as the Feast of Mary, Mother of God. This holy day respects Mary’s unique human privilege of forming Christ physically and spiritually before releasing Him into the world to fulfill His divine salvific work.

The end of the Christmas season points toward this extraordinary mission for which God entered the world. According to Catholic tradition, the Magi, called the Three Kings, spent 12 days following a star. The brilliant star led them to Bethlehem, where Jesus had just been born. The Wise Men—Melchior, Caspar, and Balthazar—presented three symbolic gifts to the Holy Family for their newborn son. The kings presented to the Divine Child gold to honor His kingship, frankincense to honor His priesthood, and myrrh to honor His humanity.

Many families around the world present gifts to one another either in celebration of Christmas Day or in commemoration of the Three Kings. The faithful fulfill the Christmas spirit when offering their own hearts to the Divine Messiah who humbled Himself to enter the world as a small child.

Article written by Myriah C. Boudreaux for Christian Catholic Media

Myriah C. Boudreaux graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a BA in Psychology. Soon after, she left her native Southern California home to marry a FUS alumnus, start a family, settle in Bayou Country with her Cajun husband, and begin a career homeschooling their ever-growing family. With seven children ranging from ages 21 – 2, her practical understanding of Heavenly Father's patience, love, and mercy is continually expanding.
Catholics are Christians.

Forum List

Back