Is Being Homosexual Genetic?

No. Some children, around puberty, find that they have a romantic attraction to people of the same gender. You see, that's how adults speak. Grow the fuck up and get your mind out of the gutter. It's not just about sex.

Yes and that shows they have probably been induced to deny their own born gender since they are not born gay. How about YOU 'grow the fuck up?'
So you think that all or most gay people are also experiencing gender dysphoria??? Wow, just fucking wow!!

Did I mention how impressed I am with your intellectual curiosity and level of emotional maturity? :no_text11: ??????
How arrogant, I'm not trying to impress you, we were having a discussion as to whether or not homosexuality was genetic as pertains to the OP. You got your panties in a wad because I suggested it may not be genetic. You provided a link to epigenetics which I read and found out it is only research. I provided you a link about how the homosexual community have infiltrated our schools with recruiting curriculum disguised as teaching 'tolerance' and all you could do is dis my link. Now, you have descended into juvenile put downs and a finger wagging Gif. I think you have hit rock bottom.
Arrogant? You want to talk about who is arrogant? I presented plausible theories as to the biological causes of homosexuality. I acknowledged that there is no "gay gene" per say but showed that there is strong evidence that the cause is not strictly environmental and that it is not a choice.

You, for your part cling to your typically conservative and ridged viewpoint that it has to either be genetic ( as in a gay gene) or that there is no biological /genetic basis at all.

I acknowledged that there are limits to our understanding of homosexuality while you ARROGANTLY and DOGMATICALLY continue to bleat about how it is not genetic while offering no evidence of your own. So yes. I am not impressed with anything about you, although I am amazed by your rigidity, willful ignorance, and obsession with grooming children
Here is a chance to redeem you self and show that you are able and willing to learn, and to deal with information that contradicts your ingrained, preconceived idea. Information that challenges your views of gay people and who they are and why they are who they are.

Your challenge, if you wish to accept it, is to make some reasonable, rational and intelligent comments on the information provided, and to stop being such an ass,

The findings, which are published on 29 August in Science and based on the genomes of nearly 500,000 people, shore up the results of earlier, smaller studies and confirm the suspicions of many scientists: while sexual preferences have a genetic component, no single gene has a large effect on sexual behaviors.

Ganna and his colleagues also used the analysis to estimate that up to 25% of sexual behaviour can be explained by genetics, with the rest influenced by environmental and cultural factors — a figure similar to the findings of smaller studies.

And then there is this:

The two most frequently shared genetic markers were from the Xq28 region on the X chromosome and the 8q12 region on the 8 chromosome. This commonality suggests there’s a genetic link for male homosexuality. They published their findings Monday in the journal Psychological Medicine.
Study of Gay Brothers Suggests Genetic Basis of Male ...
www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/study-of-gay-brothers-suggests-genetic-basis-of-male-homosexuality

www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/study-of-gay-brothers-suggests-geneti…

So give it a go Bud. Lets see if there is even one honest bone in your body and more than two functioning brain cells in your skull

So give it a go Bud. Lets see if there is even one honest bone in your body and more than two functioning brain cells in your skull
Apparently you don't read your own links:

"none of the markers are reliable enough to predict someone’s sexuality."

Arrogant? You want to talk about who is arrogant? I presented plausible theories as to the biological causes of homosexuality. I acknowledged that there is no "gay gene" per say but showed that there is strong evidence that the cause is not strictly environmental and that it is not a choice.

You, for your part cling to your typically conservative and ridged viewpoint that it has to either be genetic ( as in a gay gene) or that there is no biological /genetic basis at all.

I acknowledged that there are limits to our understanding of homosexuality while you ARROGANTLY and DOGMATICALLY continue to bleat about how it is not genetic while offering no evidence of your own. So yes. I am not impressed with anything about you, although I am amazed by your rigidity, willful ignorance, and obsession with grooming children
So fucking what? There may be lots of 'influences' in DNA but why promote those that lead to what is obviously adverse to normal development? If anything those influences should be studied and, if we ever develop the methods, edit out just as we would if we could for any mutation. It's not normal.

Last edited:
t looks like grooming to you because you're obsessed with homosexuality and children. To rational people it is education
It looks like teaching tolerance to you because apparently you agree with the need to convert children to homosexuality. Children don't need to know that shit. Just leave them alone.

"only research" WTF? Yes it is research. Deal with it!
I bet you believe in human caused climate change too. Research is not settled science. I realize your wish is to normalize homosexuality but there is 0 scientific basis for it.
Why does there need to be some scientific basis?

In short it just doesn't matter if homosexuality is genetic or if it is a choice.

People who are homosexual deserve the same rights and protections of law that anyone else does,

t looks like grooming to you because you're obsessed with homosexuality and children. To rational people it is education
It looks like teaching tolerance to you because apparently you agree with the need to convert children to homosexuality. Children don't need to know that shit. Just leave them alone.
That is moronic. The only conversion that I'm interested in is to convert the likes of you and the Pollock Princess into rational, thinking compassionate human beings. By my own admission I have failed miserably

Last edited:
That is moronic. The only conversion that I'm interested in is to convert the likes of you and the Pollock Princess into thinking compassionate human beings. By my own admission I have failed miserably

I have also treated the she-males and fairies, pimps, hoes and johns, with compassion when I've seen them hanging around. I never bashed them or even cussed them out in their own habitats.

But I just don't pretend that they are normative.

That is moronic. The only conversion that I'm interested in is to convert the likes of you and the Pollock Princess into rational, thinking compassionate human beings. By my own admission I have failed miserably
When did I ever say that people should not be compassionate toward homosexuals? I just disagree with the homosexual curriculum in schools and don't agree that homosexuality is genetic. Apparently you can't stand anyone who disagrees with you so you scream and yell hoping that your unfounded protestations will somehow elevate your POV.....It doesn't, it just makes you look small and vindictive.

Why does there need to be some scientific basis?

In short it just doesn't matter if homosexuality is genetic or if it is a choice.

People who are homosexual deserve the same rights and protections of law that anyone else does,
Why don't you read the threads? PP is the one trying to pass off genetic homosexuality as proven science. That you don't care if it is genetic or a choice is of no consequence to this discussion. No one here said homosexuals should not have the same Constitutional rights as every other American.

When did I ever say that people should not be compassionate toward homosexuals? I just disagree with the homosexual curriculum in schools and don't agree that homosexuality is genetic. Apparently you can't stand anyone who disagrees with you so you scream and yell hoping that your unfounded protestations will somehow elevate your POV.....It doesn't, it just makes you look small and vindictive.
You don't need to say that people should not be compassionate toward homosexuals. That is not even the point at all. The fact is that YOU are not compassionate or rational with respect to homosexuality. Everything that you say proves that.

For you, compassion means to pity them and save them from themselves. True compassion is to accept them as human being who are fully part of society. You see them as a threat, as people who need to be relegated to the margins of society and in the shadows as much as possible . That is not compassion. That is bigotry

You view homosexuality as "abnormal development . That is not compassion. They do not want or need your pity. They are who they are and have every right to be.

You do not accept gays as part of the continuum of human sexuality, but rather as freaks of nature, That is not compassion.

And, while it has not come up, I seriously doubt that you support equal rights for gays in matters such as marriage, adoption, housing, employment and public accommodation.

You repeatedly claim that gays try to recruit children because they cannot reproduce and won't deal with the more important issue, that they have children and are parents to children, both gay and straight. That is not compassion. It is bigotry and propaganda, and quite frankly stupidity

You lie and claim that I pass off the genetic evidence that I presented as proven science while failing to engage in a rational adult discussion about what it all means, while pushing a simplistic all or nothing, genetic or not genetic and offering no viable counter argument of evidence.

You blather and bloviate incessantly about genetics and reproduction while claiming that you have no nefarious motive in doing so which is an obvious lie and clearly is part of your agenda to discredit and marginalize gays. That is not compassion.

Finally, for now, you actually suggested that we identify the environmental factors that cause homosexuality and "edit them out" That is damned sure not compassion. It is just more bigotry. Clearly, you think that the world would be a better place without gays. I thing the world would be a better place without you and your ilk.

You don't need to say that people should not be compassionate toward homosexuals. That is not even the point at all. The fact is that YOU are not compassionate or rational with respect to homosexuality. Everything that you say proves that.

For you, compassion means to pity them and save them from themselves. True compassion is to accept them as human being who are fully part of society. You see them as a threat, as people who need to be relegated to the margins of society and in the shadows as much as possible . That is not compassion. That is bigotry

You view homosexuality as "abnormal development . That is not compassion. They do not want or need your pity. They are who they are and have every right to be.

You do not accept gays as part of the continuum of human sexuality, but rather as freaks of nature, That is not compassion.

And, while it has not come up, I seriously doubt that you support equal rights for gays in matters such as marriage, adoption, housing, employment and public accommodation.

You repeatedly claim that gays try to recruit children because they cannot reproduce and won't deal with the more important issue, that they have children and are parents to children, both gay and straight. That is not compassion. It is bigotry and propaganda, and quite frankly stupidity

You lie and claim that I pass off the genetic evidence that I presented as proven science while failing to engage in a rational adult discussion about what it all means, while pushing a simplistic all or nothing, genetic or not genetic and offering no viable counter argument of evidence.

You blather and bloviate incessantly about genetics and reproduction while claiming that you have no nefarious motive in doing so which is an obvious lie and clearly is part of your agenda to discredit and marginalize gays. That is not compassion.

Finally, for now, you actually suggested that we identify the environmental factors that cause homosexuality and "edit them out" That is damned sure not compassion. It is just more bigotry. Clearly, you think that the world would be a better place without gays. I thing the world would be a better place without you and your ilk.
No stupid, I was talking about editing out any genetic factors that, if found, cause homosexuality. What 'nefarious' motive do I have soyboy? Again, epigenetic causes for homosexuality is research only. There is nothing more to discuss except that you cling to it with a fervent religious belief. I am willing to wait for actual, proven scientific evidence. Again, IMO schools have no business teaching children about homosexuality or any other sexual aberration. I do not believe it is compassionate to normalize homosexuality. Studies show those with gender dysphoria seek help to re-align themselves with their born gender as I showed you with links and evidence which you summarily discounted. I do not think homosexuals are bad people but I do think YOU are because you scream, yell, call names, etc. and are downright rude. I have had enough of your bullshit.

No stupid, I was talking about editing out any genetic factors that, if found, cause homosexuality. What 'nefarious' motive do I have soyboy? Again, epigenetic causes for homosexuality is research only. There is nothing more to discuss except that you cling to it with a fervent religious belief. I am willing to wait for actual, proven scientific evidence. Again, IMO schools have no business teaching children about homosexuality or any other sexual aberration. I do not believe it is compassionate to normalize homosexuality. Studies show those with gender dysphoria seek help to re-align themselves with their born gender as I showed you with links and evidence which you summarily discounted. I do not think homosexuals are bad people but I do think YOU are because you scream, yell, call names, etc. and are downright rude. I have had enough of your bullshit.

Forum List

Back