Is being black probable cause for suspicion.

OP's post is from 2013 and about Trayvon Martin. Was scratching my head for a sec. But I'll answer more generally,

Um, no.

The suspicious behaviour people report witnessing exhibited by blacks is if anything becomming aware they're under scrutiny and getting nervous. In effect, the surveillance changed their behaviour making them more self-conscious. Like wildlife photographers not wishing to artificially change their animal subject's behaviour by appearing out in the open so concealing their cameras as rocks and other natural objects to get real behaviour footage. Once you start following someone, once they notice it their behaviour changes but only because they know someone's following them.

I don't think I know enough on this case, but suspicion usually start with something before, and I think stereotypes are made for a reason.
Gang-related suspective is something you relate to black people.
Terrorism to Arabs.
Money to Jews.
Slut behavior to Russian.
You get the point.

The ironic thing about the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman debacle is that Zimmerman was portrayed in the main stream media as a racist for what he did yet when a homeless black man was badly beaten by the son of a local policeman, it was Zimmerman who led protests calling for the son's arrest.

OP's post is from 2013 and about Trayvon Martin. Was scratching my head for a sec. But I'll answer more generally,

Um, no.

The suspicious behaviour people report witnessing exhibited by blacks is if anything becomming aware they're under scrutiny and getting nervous. In effect, the surveillance changed their behaviour making them more self-conscious. Like wildlife photographers not wishing to artificially change their animal subject's behaviour by appearing out in the open so concealing their cameras as rocks and other natural objects to get real behaviour footage. Once you start following someone, once they notice it their behaviour changes but only because they know someone's following them.

So what I gather you're saying is that it was OK for Zimmerman to keep Trayvon Martin under surveillance but that he should have done it from a better hiding place so as not to alter the young man's behavior? Interesting...

Before you presume to speculate what I think about something, it might behoove you to spend a little while reading my posts in the Racism thread first.

Um, no.

So what I gather you're saying is that it was OK for Zimmerman to keep Trayvon Martin under surveillance but that he should have done it from a better hiding place so as not to alter the young man's behavior? Interesting...

Hmmm...someone nam
Before you presume to speculate what I think about something, it might behoove you to spend a little while reading my posts in the Racism thread first.

Calm down...it was a tongue in cheek post...sheesh!

Only if you are a black male between 16 and 36. Not a black women

Forum List

Back