Is anybody actually fighting the Russian troop in Ukraine?

This is really a fight directed at the USA and NATO not the Ukraine...Russia wants the Ukraine to never join NATO....the people in the Ukraine don't care in fact I would bet the majority do not want to be a part of NATO...so when Russia invades it looks like a trip to the country not an invasion....
Yes, regardless of the propaganda, the truth is that the Ukraine didn't want US/Nato interference and didn't want a war with Russia. Zelensky made that pretty clear in the little bit of air time he was allowed.

I think I see some logic in you saying that it's Russia's fight against US/Nato but a little further explanation of your thinking might be helpful.

Suffice to say that Ukraine wanted to keep the status quo of neutrality. The question still remains on which side to blame for not allowing that to continue. Of course my opinion is that the US wouldn't allow that and hence the same basic rules apply as did with the Crimea. America pushed for a bridge too far and lost the bridge. Russia could never allow Crimea to be lost for obvious reasons you'll probably be aware of.

It's quite a suspicious situation because Zelensky never did want a war with Russia. And the people of Ukraine may be divided due to them having an understanding of how Russia was provoked by the US, under the Nato flag.
Indeed....a subject that the Western media has been warned off of most likely

Yes, regardless of the propaganda, the truth is that the Ukraine didn't want US/Nato interference and didn't want a war with Russia. Zelensky made that pretty clear in the little bit of air time he was allowed.

I think I see some logic in you saying that it's Russia's fight against US/Nato but a little further explanation of your thinking might be helpful.

Suffice to say that Ukraine wanted to keep the status quo of neutrality. The question still remains on which side to blame for not allowing that to continue. Of course my opinion is that the US wouldn't allow that and hence the same basic rules apply as did with the Crimea. America pushed for a bridge too far and lost the bridge. Russia could never allow Crimea to be lost for obvious reasons you'll probably be aware of.
NATO was not going to allow neutrality....they more or less forced Zelensky into this terrible position. Fuck NATO....they are no longer a defense pact....they are now expansionist mercenaries for hire and we should not be supporting them at all. I honestly believe Ukraine would have been just fine if they were allowed to normalize their relations with Russia...but that was not allowed. Putin was not going to allow deployment of more rocketry on his borders nor the termination of his naval base lease. This will cost Russia dearly but it looks like they basically had no choice.

Jo

Last edited:
NATO was not going to allow neutrality....they more or less forced Zelensky into this terrible position.
That's the important detail that should be understood. Well done for stating the facts on why there's a war.
There's similarity in the Crimea situation that was created by US/Nato and ended up a bridge too far for the Nato side.

Start thinking, who gets to win this one? If US/British/Nato country arms prove to be effective enough to cause considerable Russian losses, Putin will move to force that will win the war for Russia very quickly.

That's the unthinkable that very few on this forum will understand, as they happily play their armchair war games.

Dam. Joe didn't have an actual plan, but sanctions. WTF???!!!???!!! What good does that do now? Donald Trump is saying it wouldn't have happened on his watch and he wouldn't have pulled out of Afghanistan. He's blaming Joe directly while the other ex-Presidents are blaming Putin.
Both to blame but Biden could have at least attempted to prevent it via direct talks and negotiations. What was encouraged, 2 weeks constant media drum beat for war. Media sources throughout the world quoting the United States that the intelligence showed there was no other option but war! False information at its finest! Biden’s inactions are more in tune with war profits for his buddies, and to look like such a great guy, you know, “the big guy”. Big money in war for investors in the know…aka money in before the war.

That's the important detail that should be understood. Well done for stating the facts on why there's a war.
There's similarity in the Crimea situation that was created by US/Nato and ended up a bridge too far for the Nato side.

Start thinking, who gets to win this one? If US/British/Nato country arms prove to be effective enough to cause considerable Russian losses, Putin will move to force that will win the war for Russia very quickly.

That's the unthinkable that very few on this forum will understand, as they happily play their armchair war games.
I am a grateful citizen of the US but not blind to accurate history. This country is guilty of much.

Indeed....a subject that the Western media has been warned off of most likely
Colonel Larry Wilkerson made a brief appearance on MSNBC and blew the cover for the war, as he always does on antiwar.com.

But there's no way he'll be allowed back again.

Fwiw, antiwar.com will be bringing out some alternative facts to the propaganda, for a while at least.

For anyone interested in alternative talking points, visit antiwar.com daily.

My God....that had not occurred to me....but yes I see the connection now. God help us.

If US/British/Nato country arms prove to be effective enough to cause considerable Russian losses, Putin will move to force that will win the war for Russia very quickly. That's the unthinkable that very few on this forum will understand, as they happily play their armchair war games.
-Snort-
Being quite the armchair general yourself -- what do you think that means, and why do you think Putin will take that step?

My God....that had not occurred to me....but yes I see the connection now. God help us.
Hopefully the message can get out to the people of all the world's countries!

I think it has been realized by the MIC at least, who will have always understood the risk to the people of the world.

Yes, may the gods help us!

If anybody cares enough, some arrangements must be made that can bring the situation to a mutually acceptable draw.

It looks like Russia is walking right in and sitting right down without any or maybe token resistance? What about all the hardware Biden supplied? This has been going on for nearly 24 hours now, how many dead Russians do we have killed be Ukrainian forces using US military hardware?
You aren't making much effort to follow events in the war obviously.

Hopefully the message can get out to the people of all the world's countries!

I think it has been realized by the MIC at least, who will have always understood the risk to the people of the world.

Yes, may the gods help us!

If anybody cares enough, some arrangements must be made that can bring the situation to a mutually acceptable draw.
Deeply and sincerely agreed upon.

Let's hope..

Jo

-Snort-
Being quite the armchair general yourself -- what do you think that means, and why do you think Putin will take that step?
Act like a grownup or just butt out and go play gun.
Your silly question will be answered by yourself if you can just follow along with your finger until the light goes on in your brain.

Yep...and money.
Money? Can you give an example? Land, yes; resources such as oil and tin and diamonds and aluminum, yes; control of the seas and land and power generally, yes ------- but not just money, surely?

Hmmmmm. Interesting question. Maybe the Opium Wars between Britain and China: the Brits were spending so much on China tea (this really happened) that they needed foreign exchange currency with China. Hence the opium, which led to problems, like our fentanyl problem.

Money? Can you give an example? Land, yes; resources such as oil and tin and diamonds and aluminum, yes; control of the seas and land and power generally, yes ------- but not just money, surely?

Hmmmmm. Interesting question. Maybe the Opium Wars between Britain and China: the Brits were spending so much on China tea (this really happened) that they needed foreign exchange currency with China. Hence the opium, which led to problems, like our fentanyl problem.
Well....look at it this way.... The dollar is no longer based on gold. It's actually based on petroleum now.

Forum List

Back