Is $10 for a state ID so you can vote an undue burder?

Do you also think the same for $430 to obtain a permit to own a gun and keep it in your residence?
If not, why not?
Dont like the amount of the fee. However, its not as important to me.
Good to see you only worry about rights that are important to you.
On what basis do you pick and choose your outrage?
Who told you I was outraged about anything? You must not have liked my answer. You always start making things up when that happens. :laugh:
You pick and choose your exception to the restriction on the exercise of rights.
On what basis?
Danger to the public and the significance of the restriction mostly.
$10 for a 4-year state ID is a "significant" restriction in your book, enough so that you find it intolerable?
How much does the fee have to be for a permit to own gun in your own home become intolerable?

The documents required often constitute an undue burden; requiring citizens registered and active on the rolls to present ID absent evidence of fraud constitutes an undue burden.
I see you didn't read the application I posted,
If you did, I'm sure you;d agree that said requirements also create an undue burden on the right to own a gun.
If you were honest, anyway.

And as for the fee- $430 to exercise a right?
You don't find that to be an undue burden, in its face?
Why not?

Last edited:
The poll tax in Massachusetts was $2/year at the time The U.S. Supreme court ruled it unconstitutional. That it was levied only on male voters may have had something to do with that so maybe the whole issue of requiring anyone to pay anything or buy anything in order to vote is ripe for judicial review.

If you -really- think so...
... do you also think the same for $430 to obtain a permit to own a gun and keep it in your residence?
If not, why not?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/HandGunLicenseApplicationFormsComplete.pdf
Yes. its undue burden. The right to vote shouldn't have a permit process assigned to it. Its too important

... do you also think the same for $430 to obtain a permit to own a gun and keep it in your residence?
If not, why not?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/HandGunLicenseApplicationFormsComplete.pdf
Yes. its undue burden. The right to vote shouldn't have a permit process assigned to it. Its too important
Do you also think the same for $430 to obtain a permit to own a gun and keep it in your residence?
If not, why not?
Dont like the amount of the fee. However, its not as important to me. Since a gun can kill someone I dont have a problem with a permit process to keep track of the gun.

Except you don't have a right to vote. You do have a right to own a gun.

So I am curious how it is you consider a $10 fee to exercise a non-existent right a burden, but not a $30 fee for a background check to exercise a right actually enshrouded in the Bill of Rights.
If you dont have a right to vote then you dont have a right to own a gun.

I already explained about guns being a danger.

If not, why not?

If not, why not?

If not, why not?
Dont like the amount of the fee. However, its not as important to me. Since a gun can kill someone I dont have a problem with a permit process to keep track of the gun.

So I am curious how it is you consider a $10 fee to exercise a non-existent right a burden, but not a $30 fee for a background check to exercise a right actually enshrouded in the Bill of Rights.
Incorrect.
Your state grants you the privilege to vote for President. You have no right to this.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

I already explained about guns being a danger.

It doesn't matter if it's dangerous. A right is a right. Dangerous or not is completely irrelevant.

Danger to the public and the significance of the restriction mostly. If someone said I had to have a gun inspection every month I would be upset. Saying they require a permit for guns is an inconvenience i'd rather not have but no where near as important as voting.

I'd consider shooting someone in order to save my own life a hell of a lot more important than casting a vote at the ballot box. After all, if I'm dead I can't vote.
The OP didnt ask me what you thought about it. Sounds like you have a different opinion of the issue.

If not, why not?

If not, why not?

Incorrect.
Your state grants you the privilege to vote for President. You have no right to this.
The 15th amendment says otherwise. You guys never look up your claims before you post them do you?

Danger to the public and the significance of the restriction mostly. If someone said I had to have a gun inspection every month I would be upset. Saying they require a permit for guns is an inconvenience i'd rather not have but no where near as important as voting.

I'd consider shooting someone in order to save my own life a hell of a lot more important than casting a vote at the ballot box. After all, if I'm dead I can't vote.
Yes.
The right to self-defense is every bit as important than the right to vote, if not more so.

Dont like the amount of the fee. However, its not as important to me.
Who told you I was outraged about anything? You must not have liked my answer. You always start making things up when that happens. :laugh:
You pick and choose your exception to the restriction on the exercise of rights.
On what basis?
$10 for a 4-year state ID is a "significant" restriction in your book, enough so that you find it intolerable?
How much does the fee have to be for a permit to own gun in your own home become intolerable?
Yes its intolerable even if it was one cent.. The amount you cited is pretty intolerable but like I said not as important.

If not, why not?

If not, why not?

Incorrect.
The 15th amendment says otherwise. You guys never look up your claims before you post them do you?
the 15t amendment does nothing to negate the soundness of what I said.
Your state could choose its electors with coin flip, and is fully within its power to do if it chooses.
You have no right to vote for President, and so you DO have the right to a gun but not the (absolute) right to vote.

On what basis?
Yes its intolerable even if it was one cent.. The amount you cited is pretty intolerable but like I said not as important.
So you agree that the $430 fee necessary to own a gun and keep it in your home is, indeed intolerable.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Then why did two Democratic Congressmen introduce a Constitutional Amendment guaranteeing a right to vote?

U.S. Constitution is not explicit on the right to vote Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan says PolitiFact Wisconsin
Probably because people cant read or trying to pretend its not a right.. Says right in the 15th amendment "right to vote".

If not, why not?

If not, why not?
A vote for the wrong candidate could kill millions.
But let's place undue burden on the 2nd amendment......the one that says "shall not be infringed"

Doesn't sound contradictory at all

If not, why not?

If not, why not?
A vote for the wrong candidate could kill millions.
But let's place undue burden on the 2nd amendment......the one that says "shall not be infringed"

Doesn't sound contradictory at all
Candidates werent invented and designed for the purpose of killing people. Bad analogy or you are reaching.

Incorrect.

Then why did two Democratic Congressmen introduce a Constitutional Amendment guaranteeing a right to vote?

U.S. Constitution is not explicit on the right to vote Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan says PolitiFact Wisconsin
Probably because people cant read or trying to pretend its not a right.. Says right in the 15th amendment "right to vote".

Then why does the Supreme Court disagree with you?

Forum List

Back