Irreducible complexity

Atheists will try to tell us that this is not a valid argument. Let's apply this argument to something modern and concrete. The automobile. In its simplest form, it is irreducibly complex.

Battery
So you want to turn your car on? Obviously, this is the big boy you're going to need to get everything going.

Axle
Another important part of any car. How are you going to keep the fun rolling without these?

Brakes
Having trusty brakes is essential to driving a safe car. When you start to hear those things squeak at red lights, it might be time to head into the shop and get some new ones.

Pistons
These are best when they're pumping smoothly and quickly. Built to handle all those gasoline explosions, these are where your car gets its horses.

Fuel Injector
The successor to the carburetor, this little thing gets the gas from the fuel tank into the engine.

Radiator
The radiator is part of the system that keeps your car's engine from overheating. Here, the engine coolant has time to give off heat into the air before it goes back into the engine to pick up...more heat.

Transmission
Here's where the power turns into movement. The transmission takes the energy generated in the engine and transmits it to the connected wheels.

Spark Plug
The spark plug is what you use to get the car started. It uses an electric spark to ignite fuel in the engine's ignition chamber.

Now, can anyone tell me which part you can remove and still have a car that you would trust your life in? Take your time. I'll wait.
9bea4dd3f5bc0416268b19121c6f8bbd94a7704a.jpeg
Lol, take the battery off and put on a hand crank like Henry Ford did.

Even funnier for your silly little failed analogy is the fact that battery powered starters are part of the evolution of the modern automobile.

Oops.
Regardless of which one you use, it is required to start the car. OOPS!
Huh?

Don't know much about cars do you.
OK genius. How would you start a car without a crank or a battery?
Thats already been explained to you. Find a hill and put it in neutral.
Gee. That would be great if your car was at the top of a hill. And just how would you get back up that hill? Quit being a troll. You need a way to start the car, no matter what it is. And I'll bet you can't name another part that could be removed without causing more than a monumental inconvenience.

Atheists will try to tell us that this is not a valid argument. Let's apply this argument to something modern and concrete. The automobile. In its simplest form, it is irreducibly complex.

Battery
So you want to turn your car on? Obviously, this is the big boy you're going to need to get everything going.

Axle
Another important part of any car. How are you going to keep the fun rolling without these?

Brakes
Having trusty brakes is essential to driving a safe car. When you start to hear those things squeak at red lights, it might be time to head into the shop and get some new ones.

Pistons
These are best when they're pumping smoothly and quickly. Built to handle all those gasoline explosions, these are where your car gets its horses.

Fuel Injector
The successor to the carburetor, this little thing gets the gas from the fuel tank into the engine.

Radiator
The radiator is part of the system that keeps your car's engine from overheating. Here, the engine coolant has time to give off heat into the air before it goes back into the engine to pick up...more heat.

Transmission
Here's where the power turns into movement. The transmission takes the energy generated in the engine and transmits it to the connected wheels.

Spark Plug
The spark plug is what you use to get the car started. It uses an electric spark to ignite fuel in the engine's ignition chamber.

Now, can anyone tell me which part you can remove and still have a car that you would trust your life in? Take your time. I'll wait.
Lol, take the battery off and put on a hand crank like Henry Ford did.

Even funnier for your silly little failed analogy is the fact that battery powered starters are part of the evolution of the modern automobile.

Oops.
Regardless of which one you use, it is required to start the car. OOPS!
Huh?

Don't know much about cars do you.
OK genius. How would you start a car without a crank or a battery?
Push start and pop the clutch

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

My VW Beetle did not have a radiator

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

You do get that, for the most part, cars aren't biological creatures, right?

cars-sally.png

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

cars-sally.png
Doesn't matter. Does it?

Everyone knows that cars evolved

They started out as simple creatures and evolved into sophisticated machines

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

cars-sally.png
Doesn't matter. Does it?

It matters a lot ... evolution is a biological process. Non-biological things cannot evolve.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

cars-sally.png
Doesn't matter. Does it?

It matters a lot ... evolution is a biological process. Non-biological things cannot evolve.
Irrelevant. I have proven that something can be irreducibly complex.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

cars-sally.png
Doesn't matter. Does it?

Apples and light bulbs ... you haven't proven anything.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

cars-sally.png
Doesn't matter. Does it?

You’re hoping to steal the fraud perpetrated by Behe.

Forum List

Back