Irreducible complexity

Magnificat

May 30, 2019
Atheists will try to tell us that this is not a valid argument. Let's apply this argument to something modern and concrete. The automobile. In its simplest form, it is irreducibly complex.

Battery
So you want to turn your car on? Obviously, this is the big boy you're going to need to get everything going.

Axle
Another important part of any car. How are you going to keep the fun rolling without these?

Brakes
Having trusty brakes is essential to driving a safe car. When you start to hear those things squeak at red lights, it might be time to head into the shop and get some new ones.

Pistons
These are best when they're pumping smoothly and quickly. Built to handle all those gasoline explosions, these are where your car gets its horses.

Fuel Injector
The successor to the carburetor, this little thing gets the gas from the fuel tank into the engine.

Radiator
The radiator is part of the system that keeps your car's engine from overheating. Here, the engine coolant has time to give off heat into the air before it goes back into the engine to pick up...more heat.

Transmission
Here's where the power turns into movement. The transmission takes the energy generated in the engine and transmits it to the connected wheels.

Spark Plug
The spark plug is what you use to get the car started. It uses an electric spark to ignite fuel in the engine's ignition chamber.

Now, can anyone tell me which part you can remove and still have a car that you would trust your life in? Take your time. I'll wait.
9bea4dd3f5bc0416268b19121c6f8bbd94a7704a.jpeg

Last edited:
Atheists will try to tell us that this is not a valid argument. Let's apply this argument to something modern and concrete. The automobile. In its simplest form, it is irreducibly complex.

Battery
So you want to turn your car on? Obviously, this is the big boy you're going to need to get everything going.

Axle
Another important part of any car. How are you going to keep the fun rolling without these?

Brakes
Having trusty brakes is essential to driving a safe car. When you start to hear those things squeak at red lights, it might be time to head into the shop and get some new ones.

Pistons
These are best when they're pumping smoothly and quickly. Built to handle all those gasoline explosions, these are where your car gets its horses.

Fuel Injector
The successor to the carburetor, this little thing gets the gas from the fuel tank into the engine.

Radiator
The radiator is part of the system that keeps your car's engine from overheating. Here, the engine coolant has time to give off heat into the air before it goes back into the engine to pick up...more heat.

Transmission
Here's where the power turns into movement. The transmission takes the energy generated in the engine and transmits it to the connected wheels.

Spark Plug
The spark plug is what you use to get the car started. It uses an electric spark to ignite fuel in the engine's ignition chamber.

Now, can anyone tell me which part you can remove and still have a car that you would trust your life in? Take your time. I'll wait.
Obviously the first on the list is unnecessary.

/thread

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

/thread
And just how would you start a car without a battery?

I can run my auto without a battery I have a standard transmission.....Next....

I've done that but only briefly. A long time ago, my battery died and my friend had no jumper cables. He took the battery out of his car and put it in mine. After I started my car, he removed the battery and put it back in his own car. I was then able to drive somewhere to get a new battery. It did feel funny knowing that I was driving a car with no battery.

This was about 50-60 years ago and I don't know if that trick would work on newer cars.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

Lol, take the battery off and put on a hand crank like Henry Ford did.

Even funnier for your silly little failed analogy is the fact that battery powered starters are part of the evolution of the modern automobile.

Oops.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

/thread
And just how would you start a car without a battery?
Push start.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

You have a romantic attraction to your mechanic, right?

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

Even funnier for your silly little failed analogy is the fact that battery powered starters are part of the evolution of the modern automobile.

Oops.
Regardless of which one you use, it is required to start the car. OOPS!

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

Oops.
Huh?

Don't know much about cars do you.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

Oops.
Huh?

OK genius. How would you start a car without a crank or a battery?

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

Oops.
Huh?

OK genius. How would you start a car without a crank or a battery?
Thats already been explained to you. Find a hill and put it in neutral.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

It’s not ‘atheists,’ it’s logic and reason that renders this an invalid argument.

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

It's so far beyond that! There are 2,000 proteins in any simple cell, the odds of them randomly banging together to create a FUNCTIONAL CELL is a number 5,700 zeros to 1.

Life didn't happen by accident!

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

It's so far beyond that! There are 2,000 proteins in any simple cell, the odds of them randomly banging together to create a FUNCTIONAL CELL is a number 5,700 zeros to 1.

Who planned it all and where did they come from?

Battery

Axle

Brakes

Pistons

Fuel Injector

Radiator

Transmission

Spark Plug

Who planned it all and where did they come from?

What difference does that make?

Forum List

Back