Irene: the unserious crisis that Obama didn’t let go to waste

What do you need Gubmint for? You got homeowners insurance

If you need a bridge or water system replaced you can always call the Red Cross
And if we cut taxes further, the rich people will create jobs rebuilding the power lines to the poor people's houses and food will rain from the sky- those stupid working-class people should've been rich enough to call and order a year's supply of food to store in their bomb shelter along with their guns and ammo. I mean, Jeryy Doyle advertizes this stuff every day on his show!

If we only cut taxes far enough, we would not have to worry about natural disasters

If we cut funding to the National Weather Service, nobody would have even known there was a hurricane

NOBODY is minimizing the damage that has happened and will continue to happen. Get a grip people! I personally gave Kudos to all the Gov's that declated a SOE three days before landfall. So, stfu about Reps this or Reps that!
This is not a political situation, it's a PEOPLE situation.

Now, lets get back to Joplin, shall we?

And if for some reason, Irene had picked up to a Category 3 and hit New York or any other major metropolitan areas with a much bigger impact killing two or three thousand people, then you would be the first on here asking what Obama was doing and why he didn't have us better prepared. The shit some of you come up with trying to score points is just fucking unbelievable.

FAIL!
It is a state's responsibility to prepare their state for emergencies. That's where that whole sovereignty thing comes into play.
Federal Govt cannot declare a SOE for a state without a state's permission.
The Gov of NC was the first to declare a SOE AND SHE called on Obama to declare a Fed emergency.
We are all, as a Nation, damn lucky that Irene didn't retain Cat3 status!!!

Now, let's go take care of Joplin please!!

I found it quite interesting that we were getting weather updates from the president. Why would the Commander-in-Chief man the 24-hour weather channel to tell the American people that hurricane Irene could be an historic hurricane? Could it have anything to do with his abysmal approval rating and the fact that his administration’s philosophy is, “Never let a serious crisis go to waste.” (see 8sec.video)

The fact is Politicians and the Media hyped hurricane Irene for political expediency. Toby Harnden outlines the strange relationship between press and politicians in his article, “Perfect Storm of Hype: Politicians, the media and the Hurricane Irene apocalypse that never was.” (see article) Read more... Creating Orwellian Worldview

In his next perfectly pronounced speech--he'll be comparing Irene to Katrina--wanna bet?--:lol:

And if for some reason, Irene had picked up to a Category 3 and hit New York or any other major metropolitan areas with a much bigger impact killing two or three thousand people, then you would be the first on here asking what Obama was doing and why he didn't have us better prepared. The shit some of you come up with trying to score points is just fucking unbelievable.

FAIL!
It is a state's responsibility to prepare their state for emergencies. That's where that whole sovereignty thing comes into play.
Federal Govt cannot declare a SOE for a state without a state's permission.
The Gov of NC was the first to declare a SOE AND SHE called on Obama to declare a Fed emergency.
We are all, as a Nation, damn lucky that Irene didn't retain Cat3 status!!!

Now, let's go take care of Joplin please!!

I thought Joplin was dead

Let us join hands in prayer...

Thank you, Barry 0bama, for using your experience to downgrade this storm to something that was less powerful...

Amen....

It's all about DA BOOOOOOOSH and DA GLOBOOL WOORMING!! That satisfy the Democrat Wingnuts? Have a nice day. :)

Most home owners insurance doesn't include flooding. Republican say, "Let them live out in the street", until it happens to one of them, then it's "help me".

I found it quite interesting that we were getting weather updates from the president. Why would the Commander-in-Chief man the 24-hour weather channel to tell the American people that hurricane Irene could be an historic hurricane? Could it have anything to do with his abysmal approval rating and the fact that his administration’s philosophy is, “Never let a serious crisis go to waste.” (see 8sec.video)

The fact is Politicians and the Media hyped hurricane Irene for political expediency. Toby Harnden outlines the strange relationship between press and politicians in his article, “Perfect Storm of Hype: Politicians, the media and the Hurricane Irene apocalypse that never was.” (see article) Read more... Creating Orwellian Worldview

:clap2:

I thought he looked DAMN SILLY. Like we people couldn't get through a damn hurricane, WITHOUT HIM being there for US.

good grief..

Personally, I think Obama did fine with this one. He did pretty much what I would expect a President to do. I have absolutely no issue with him on this... and, I think those on the right who are making an issue of it, are being pretty damned silly.

I happened to be talking to a coworker living in central vermont on Sunday morning.

We were both lamenting that the hurricane was a dud.

THEN the hurricane's rains followed by the 80mph winds actually hit Vermont.

Now my coworker is trapped in her house, the road's washed out, the bridge is washed out, no electricty etc.

Now the E coast is lucky that Irene took the path it took.

Had it taken a different path, one that dumped the water on more populated areas, there's be millions of us dealing with flooding power outages etc.

We lucked out this time, folks.

Vermont and upstate NY didn't.

Last edited:
Tell it to the people who have 8 feet of unserious water in their house

Two bridges out for me to get from my regular Point A to Point B route in central Vermont. But hey, it was just media hype, ya know.

According to the people that don't live there it isn't that big of a deal.

Any catastrophic event never is a big deal to some people if they can't actually "feel" the same type of pain. Off topic slightly, even someone who has desperately been looking for a job for a year doesn't get any sympathy from someone who can just sit back in his/her easy chair, cocktail in hand, and say "Anyone who wants to work, can find work." They have no clue.

Thankfully, 0bama used his powers and reduced Irene to a Cat 1 prior to landfall...

Without his actions, it would have been a Cat 5 or higher...

Yes, he had to make sure that some of the blue states were going to share in the government's emergency funds without being obvious about it. After all, tens of billions can't just be allocated to all those southern states that got hit by tornadoes, droughts and other stuff.

Beautiful!!

Thankfully, 0bama used his powers and reduced Irene to a Cat 1 prior to landfall...

Yes, he had to make sure that some of the blue states were going to share in the government's emergency funds without being obvious about it. After all, tens of billions can't just be allocated to all those southern states that got hit by tornadoes, droughts and other stuff.

Praise 0bama...:eusa_pray:

You didn't get the memo FEMA is broke?
Guess it's time to fire up the printing presses and make more money.

The fact is Politicians and the Media hyped hurricane Irene for political expediency. Toby Harnden outlines the strange relationship between press and politicians in his article, “Perfect Storm of Hype: Politicians, the media and the hurricane Irene apocalypse that never was.” (see article) Read more... Creating Orwellian Worldview

Unserious crisis? I guess conservatarians will stop at nothing to attempt to smear the President.

then you would be the first on here asking what Obama was doing and why he didn't have us better prepared.

Classic liberal mindset. Rely on the gubbmint to tell you what to do. Sad.

and when they don't you'd bitch about that.

And they already are. There's only so much money allocated for disaster relief, and this year has seen a record in "disasters" with states affected all "relying on the gubmit" for help. (Of course Cantor, at al., want the disaster fund cut even further and find "other ways" to help out stricken communities. Does that idiot even have a brain at all?)

Disaster aid account faces shortfall - KansasCity.com

It is pretty serious in Vermont.

"It's just devastating," Gov. Peter Shumlin said Monday. "Whole communities under water, businesses, homes, obviously roads and bridges, rail transportation infrastructure," he said. "We're tough folks up here but Irene ... really hit us hard."

Hundreds of people remained trapped in communities cut off by raging floodwaters that washed out or otherwise damaged 263 roads and bridges, Shumlin said. Exactly how many were stranded remained unclear, he said, because it's difficult to get into many communities.

The governor described conditions as "probably the toughest flooding that we've seen in the state of Vermont in our history.
Vermont's misery continues as flooding isolates communities - CNN.com

I especially like the last part.. Didn't some get pissed when Obama called it historic?

Some are looking like real assholes right now.

Forum List

Back