Iraqi Tribunal Sentences Saddam to Death Merged With Breaking News

Madeline Albright was engaged in negotitations to end NK's weapons program...Rummy was working to transfer chemical weapons precursosrs to Iraq. Nice try...

Peace at Last! *clink*

Pop open a bottle of bubbly and drink a toast to Bill Clinton, because the seeds of peace he planted in North Korea have finally come to fruition. Now that the tiny island nation has joined the small but growing club of nuclear-armed states, the chances that the imperialist aggressor Bush will invade North Korea are now slim to none. Thus, six years after leaving office, Bill Clinton has assured a brand of peace with North Korea that the Shrub couldn't achieve during his entire stolen peeResidency.

Granted, this peace didn’t come about exactly as we had planned. When our last elected President sent his only begotten Secretary of State riding into Pyongyang on the back of a donkey with a radioactive hunk of cheese wedged between her butt cheeks, it was hoped that Kim Jong Il would be so moved by our gesture of trust that he would forever refrain from developing nuclear weapons - or at least keep it on the low-low so we wouldn’t look like complete jackasses. But no matter how Bill Clinton achieved the peace, it's the outcome that is important.

That's not to say that a nuclear-armed PDRK is without any drawbacks. Make no mistake, Kim Jong Il is a dangerous lunatic. Sure, the Supreme Leader was a sweet little man who could be trusted to abide by a non-proliferation pact when Bill Clinton was president, but it only took six years for Bush to drive him completely nuts. It wasn't just the "Axis of Evil" remark, either. When the Shrub blew the lid off North Korea's secret nuclear weapons program, he forced the proud nation to brazenly continue what it had been doing discreetly under Bill Clinton for years. Our only hope is that a Democrat will be in the White House in two years, so that Kim Jong-Il will once again be a misunderstood yet reasonable man ready to sit down at the bargaining table with his American friends.

I don't expect Bush to thank Bill Clinton for Winning the Peace in North Korea. But Clinton should at least get the credit he deserves for insuring that no Americans will ever have to die on North Korean soil, but rather in the comfort of their own homes as long as they live within the blast radius.
http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/10/success.html

Yeah negotiations to give the North Koreans the nuclear materials they needed to become a nuclear power.
Incorrect. The Clinton Administration made some amazingly naive deals with Jong II, but giving NK weapons grade "nuclear materials" was not one of them. The 1994 Clinton deal for reactors was in exchange for shutting down previously existing nuke sites that were producing bomb grade stuff. The reactors that Clinton agreed to supply were never completed. NK nuke weapons development timeline: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/08/20/nkorea.timeline.nuclear/.

Hanging's too good for him.

Not to the Iraqis. Hanging is perfect because it is pretty much the ultimate form of punishment according to Islam. It is seen as shaming and dishonoring the punished beyond simple death. It is used only for the worst crimes and is viewed as a worse punishment then beheading.

Not to the Iraqis. Hanging is perfect because it is pretty much the ultimate form of punishment according to Islam. It is seen as shaming and dishonoring the punished beyond simple death. It is used only for the worst crimes and is viewed as a worse punishment then beheading.

Don't forget to bury him with packs Jimmy Dean sausage

Probably not, because

A. we are not even trying to get info from his corpse.

and

B. We are not causing physical or mental anguish (kind of hard to torture corpse)

Probably not, because

A. we are not even trying to get info from his corpse.

and

B. We are not causing physical or mental anguish (kind of hard to torture corpse)

Then the libs would rant how the US is making the terrorists angry with our treatment of his corpse

They will find something to bitch about. They always do.

Then the libs would rant how the US is making the terrorists angry with our treatment of his corpse

They will find something to bitch about. They always do.

And in that case they might be correct, needless provokation is just as stupid as appeasment.

However, if you read up on the Nuremberg Trials, the trials themselves WERE a joke. It was a kangaroo court all the way. I cannot and will not defend the pretense that they were given fair trials when they were not.

Then with all your reading you will know know that 3 of the Nuremburg defendants were found not guilty and a number of others were given prison sentences.

The accused are found innocent only after the evidence has been weighed up and found insufficient to convict them. Can't have been much of a kangaroo court then.

Then with all your reading you will know know that 3 of the Nuremburg defendants were found not guilty and a number of others were given prison sentences.

The accused are found innocent only after the evidence has been weighed up and found insufficient to convict them. Can't have been much of a kangaroo court then.

The evidence was soild. Signed documents by the defendents and the films of the concentration camps proved their guilt

Much like Saddam, there were those who complained the Nazis did not get a fair trial. They did get a fair trial and so did Saddam

Now hang the SOB and be done with it

The evidence was soild. Signed documents by the defendents and the films of the concentration camps proved their guilt

Much like Saddam, there were those who complained the Nazis did not get a fair trial. They did get a fair trial and so did Saddam

Now hang the SOB and be done with it

Oh he got a fair trial allright and he's going to get what he deserves.

Bit of a disgrace though that they stuck him with the small time village massacre and not the wholesale gassing of Kurds etc, but then we all know why they didn't go down that road.

"<b>Unless you count his bid for unprecedented power as a "war-time" president, and that benefits only him and his merry band.</b>"

And that's not enough reason to try to fix the timing of the verdict? They'll say and do anything to maintain their stranglehold on power...And that will be their downfall.

Pure bullshit extremism.

You're a bit late. You can go back and check out my response to this if you like.

Oh he got a fair trial allright and he's going to get what he deserves.

Bit of a disgrace though that they stuck him with the small time village massacre and not the wholesale gassing of Kurds etc, but then we all know why they didn't go down that road.

No we don't. It's common knowledge the CIA taught Saddam's chemists to refine mustard gas. He used a nerve againt against the Kurds. And again, regardless where he got it and who gave it to him, nobody forced him to commit murder. If I hand you a gun, that doesn't mean you have to shoot someone.

I believe one poster already provided a link that states Saddam will be tried for ALL crimes prior to sentence being carried out anyway. Kinda' blows your theory.

No we don't. It's common knowledge the CIA taught Saddam's chemists to refine mustard gas. He used a nerve againt against the Kurds. And again, regardless where he got it and who gave it to him, nobody forced him to commit murder. If I hand you a gun, that doesn't mean you have to shoot someone.

A newbie might ask: "GunnyL do you ever stop to read what you post sometimes?" , but I know better. I know you understand what you're typing, its just that you don't give a rat's ass about consistency or credibility as long as you think it'll help you one-up the other guy and "win" the arguement.

I believe one poster already provided a link that states Saddam will be tried for ALL crimes prior to sentence being carried out anyway. Kinda' blows your theory.

I haven't heard of that myself and the search engines are coming up empty.

I do find plenty of things that suggest otherwise... as it stands now if he loses his appeal on this case (seems guaranteed) he'll be swinging from the gallows in 30 days.

If the length of this one is any indicator the others aren't going to happen.

***edited to fix some spelling and clutter***

A newbie might ask: "GunnyL do you ever stop to read what you post sometimes?" , but I know better. I know you understand what you're typing, its just that you don't give a rat's ass about consistency or credibility as long as you think it'll help you one-up the other guy and "win" the arguement.

Nonsensical response. The statement is fact. The analogy logical.

I haven't heard of that myself and the search engines are coming up empty.

I do find plenty of things that suggest otherwise... as it stands now if he loses his appeal on this case (seems guaranteed) he'll be swinging from the gallows in 30 days.

If the length of this one is any indicator the others aren't going to happen.

***edited to fix some spelling and clutter***

Go back and look on the previous page. I didn't post nor follow the link; thus, my statement that someone else posted it.

Matter of fact, you could read my posts. I repeatedly have said I could care less. Hang him. He's a distraction to any progress in Iraq. The sooner he;s hanged, the sooner iraq bring closure to the Saddam issue.

Forum List

Back