Iranian missile may be able to hit U.S. by 2015

Yes....five years from now A misslike could reach the US

And we could reign down 1500 missiles in response. I'm sure they are chomping at the bit

As of a few days ago, thanks to the new nuclear pact, we will not use nukes on anyone who is not considered a nuclear power. Iran isn't...they're a nuclear asylum...as in lunatic asylum.

But, then again...who knows...5 years from now we may have fewer nukes then anyone.

And what other country might this benefit? What country currently has nuclear weapons but is not recognized as a nuclear power?

Let's assume that they'd be on track to have this by the end of 2011....what do you (the original poster) propose we do?

let he who is sinless cast the first stone.

hiroshima_wideweb__430x323.jpg

Well I guess we are deserving of a good nuking over here, after all......:cuckoo:

They're a bunch of religious nutbags. Religious nutbags don't do well with science. Religious nutbag damage only works well from within the country where they live. Like here.

They live here? Or we have religious nutbags working in science here? Im not following your point.

It's easy. Making an atomic bomb takes uranium that is 95% pure. Then, once you have uranium that pure, you have to build a bomb that will cause an actual chain reaction. All of that takes "science". Then, you have to build a long range missile.

The very religious, Iran in this case, don't do well with science. They think they can pick and choose which science to study, but they can't. Their effort to delegitimize evolutionary science contaminates all scientific learning.

If you left scientific research and study alone with the right wing in this country, how far do you think we would get? We would be back in the "bronze age" in zero time.

They're a bunch of religious nutbags. Religious nutbags don't do well with science. Religious nutbag damage only works well from within the country where they live. Like here.

They live here? Or we have religious nutbags working in science here? Im not following your point.

It's easy. Making an atomic bomb takes uranium that is 95% pure. Then, once you have uranium that pure, you have to build a bomb that will cause an actual chain reaction. All of that takes "science". Then, you have to build a long range missile.

The very religious, Iran in this case, don't do well with science. They think they can pick and choose which science to study, but they can't. Their effort to delegitimize evolutionary science contaminates all scientific learning.

If you left scientific research and study alone with the right wing in this country, how far do you think we would get? We would be back in the "bronze age" in zero time.

:lol: Iran can buy the technology, just like they're doing now.

I still have hope in Obama diplomacy. He still has to play his bananna card = fly to Tehran and walk down the street shaking a banana at people proclaiming himself to be the real Tarzan!!! Perhaps it'll get the Iranians to the table.............

Or perhaps he can bring a comittee of limpwristers from the USMessage Board over to Iran for a convincer.

Last edited:
ps........has anybody heard one single idea from a liberal on how to prevent this threat?? I havent........short of their typical idea's of sending over some Blimpie Subs and a case of Cokes to the Mullahs!!

And we could reign down 1500 missiles in response. I'm sure they are chomping at the bit
How many of those retalitory missiles will bring the dead americans back to life?

BTW, Barry already said he would not respond that way, it would have to be 'measured'.

This is comforting to know about Obama and his band of merry men.......the left is convinced that barry is smart?

A leaked memo from the defense secretary reveals the administration has no alternatives to stop Iran's nuclear push if "soft power" fails. This should be a wake-up call, but we continue snoozing toward Armageddon.

President Obama campaigned on the notion that not talking to tyrants was not an option or a workable policy. He said he'd be willing to talk with anybody anywhere to bring peace and relieve tensions. Unlike President Theodore Roosevelt, however, he has been talking softly but forgetting about the big stick.

A memo written by Defense Secretary Robert Gates and unearthed by the New York Times confirms our suspicions that, while the administration occasionally raised its voice on Iran, there in fact existed no contingency plans to use the proverbial big stick if what is called "soft power" didn't dissuade Tehran from building a nuke
So Now We Know: No Plan B For Iran - IBD - Investors.com

Thank god we can vote someone else in in 2012 so they can have 3 years to shoot it down.
Our current govt cannot find it's ass with both hands.

It isn't surprising. The technology necessary to do this is getting closer and closer to getting out in the open. By 2015 its possible most of the nations on the Earth will have access to the technology (if not the infrastructure) to build long range missles.

I'm not sure what the solution to this is, to be honest. I'd be more worried if I were the Israelis as Iran will probably be ready for a showdown with them long before 2015.

As of a few days ago, thanks to the new nuclear pact, we will not use nukes on anyone who is not considered a nuclear power. Iran isn't...they're a nuclear asylum...as in lunatic asylum.

But, then again...who knows...5 years from now we may have fewer nukes then anyone.

And what other country might this benefit? What country currently has nuclear weapons but is not recognized as a nuclear power?

We could make a list...Russia would love for us to trim our numbers...They've got us outnumbered 2 to 1 at the moment. Who knows how many nukes Israel has...it could me tons or it could be few...the unknown keeps them safe...but I'd be willing to bet it's a larger number than some would think.

Countries with nukes that aren't on the powerhouse list....

N Korea, India and Pakistan come to mind, all of which are not members of the treaty

The threat is nuclear proliferation throughout the middle east and possibly dirty bombs to terrorist groups. I can't think of anything more threatening than a nuke or dirty bomb in the hands of a third world country.

N Korea, India and Pakistan come to mind, all of which are not members of the treaty

Israel. That's actually one of the sticking points in the negotiations in the Middle East. Its hard to say we're going to come down on you for having or developing nuclear weapons when we look the other way consistently when it comes to Isreal.

I could tell you stories about how well they operated those subs they bought from China...but then I'd have to kill you.

Israel. That's actually one of the sticking points in the negotiations in the Middle East. Its hard to say we're going to come down on you for having or developing nuclear weapons when we look the other way consistently when it comes to Isreal.

yeah, we all know just how much Israel embraces terrorists, and terrorist nations that would sell a warhead, or dirty bomb. We all should worry about israel and their unstable government.

We could make a list...Russia would love for us to trim our numbers...They've got us outnumbered 2 to 1 at the moment. Who knows how many nukes Israel has...it could me tons or it could be few...the unknown keeps them safe...but I'd be willing to bet it's a larger number than some would think.

Countries with nukes that aren't on the powerhouse list....

don't forget Israel.

The whole Iranian/N. Korean missle program things are all about despots playing to the home crowd - making their own people believe that their a lot more powerful than they are. Internal politics are far more threatening to them then international.

They know that we can incenrate their entire country in a matter of minutes - and if they were stupid enough to launch a nuclear missile against us we certainly would.

That's the bitch about dictators - if they show any signs of weakness at home their own people will kill them and all their supporters in a heartbeat.

The question is: How do you raise an entire culture out of the abyss of primitivism?

I don't know, I've been having a hard enough time trying to raise the American wingnuts out of that same abyss.

yeah, we all know just how much Israel embraces terrorists, and terrorist nations that would sell a warhead, or dirty bomb. We all should worry about israel and their unstable government.

Not the point.

The point is the Middle East doesn't see us an honest broker between them and Israel because we're willing to look the other way on Israel's nuclear program.

Personally, I'm in favor of Israel having the Bomb. Its a powerful deterrent and a needed one considering Israel's size and geopolitical situation.

Forum List

Back