Iran Sanctions Eased, But Relief Will Do Little To Alleviate Cost Of Daily Life

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I feel sorry for the average Iranians, at least the ones who are not yelling Death to America, Death to Israel. I have spoken to many Iranians living here, both Muslims and Jewish, and they seem to have had such admiration for the Shah and only left because of those religious crazies. I read a while back that the head Ayatollah has stashed away over a billion dollars so perhaps he will be able to help his own people with some of that money.

By AYA BATRAWY and JONATHAN FAHEY 11/28/13 04:01 AM ET EST

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The sanctions relief offered to Iran by the U.S. and five world powers has begun to get the gears of commerce slowly turning again in an economy that remains in shambles.

The Obama Administration estimates relief from some sanctions in exchange for a temporary pause in Iran's nuclear enrichment program will amount to just $7 billion. That's a meager amount for the economy of a nation of nearly 80 million people — it's less than one month's worth of Iran's oil production and just 7 percent of Iran's overseas cash that remains frozen under the sanctions.

Still, Iranians see the move as a much needed step toward a more normal economy after years of crippling inflation and job losses.

To continue reading, go to:

I feel sorry for the average Iranians, at least the ones who are not yelling Death to America, Death to Israel. I have spoken to many Iranians living here, both Muslims and Jewish, and they seem to have had such admiration for the Shah and only left because of those religious crazies. I read a while back that the head Ayatollah has stashed away over a billion dollars so perhaps he will be able to help his own people with some of that money.

By AYA BATRAWY and JONATHAN FAHEY 11/28/13 04:01 AM ET EST

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The sanctions relief offered to Iran by the U.S. and five world powers has begun to get the gears of commerce slowly turning again in an economy that remains in shambles.

The Obama Administration estimates relief from some sanctions in exchange for a temporary pause in Iran's nuclear enrichment program will amount to just $7 billion. That's a meager amount for the economy of a nation of nearly 80 million people — it's less than one month's worth of Iran's oil production and just 7 percent of Iran's overseas cash that remains frozen under the sanctions.

Still, Iranians see the move as a much needed step toward a more normal economy after years of crippling inflation and job losses.

To continue reading, go to:

Here's a good read on how the iranian cancerous, fake regime of thugs and murderers has been stealing from the iranian people for decades, and will soon die a horrible fate:

Reuters Investigates - Assets of the Ayatollah

Khamenei controls massive financial empire built on property seizures

Forum List

Back