Iran Refuses To Hand Over Black Box From Crashed Ukrainian Airliner...Begging the question...

I don't think they did it on purpose. I believe a trigger happy idiot did.

Shooting that plane down doesn't further their agenda.
No possibility that like most plane crashes, which happen immediately after take off, something went wrong mechanically?
What makes you think it was "hit?"
Oh, I don't know, Iran shitting in their pants, and then refusing to share The Black Box with the world, you know......to maybe Defend Themselves.

I hope Ukraine kicks their ass!

If you don't want to answer my question that is fine but if you don't want to answer my question, why bother quoting it?
Do you not understand the point of a rhetorical question? Or do you just want to avoid it altogether?
Jesus! What a prissy drama queen.

The plane belongs to Boeing and it is literally their black box! That's why you would or should hand it over to them, not that Iran cares about legal and ethical conventions. I guess you have your own asinine reasons for giving them cover.

Is there a reason why Iran should hold onto the evidence of what they probably did in your view?

Lol....the plane does not belong to Boeing. Iran isn't going to hold the evidence.

Countries have their own entities to handle this.

The plane doesn't belong to Iran either.

If everything is on the up-and-up, why is Iran acting awfully guilty? How can Iran come to the conclusion it was "mechanical failure" when the wreckage was still smoking and it takes the NTSB, arguably the best crash investigative unit on the planet, 12-18 months to reach that same conclusion?

No possibility that like most plane crashes, which happen immediately after take off, something went wrong mechanically?

The lack of any reported communication from the aircraft means something very bad and very sudden happened.

A missile fired by a panicky AA battery falls in that category. They had their Air Defense Network on alert more than likely.

just seems odd to have a new model plane (2016 i believe) go down with MECHANICAL FAILURE listed then removed as the reason for the crash.

Ukrainian Airlines Plane Crash: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

could well be a coincidence. you'd have to think the missles iran was firing were coming from that vicinity - but that part i don't know.

Why? International law states that Iran controls the investigation.
Cite that law.

The United Nations’ specialized agency for civil aviation called The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) dictates the rules on this, spelled out in its Annex 13. They set out that the country where the crash occurred leads the safety investigation. It also says that the countries where the plane is manufactured, owned and operated should be invited, as well as where the majority of the deceased are from. That can encompass many different countries, agencies and private companies. But if the cause is terrorism, then it turns into a criminal investigation and the rules change.

When an international flight crashes, who is involved in the investigation and why?

Damn things are falling outta the skys these days.
especially when a missile hits them. Like that has never happened in the past. Wasn't there a Russian jet shot down in the last year?

If you don't want to answer my question that is fine but if you don't want to answer my question, why bother quoting it?
Do you not understand the point of a rhetorical question? Or do you just want to avoid it altogether?
Jesus! What a prissy drama queen.

The plane belongs to Boeing and it is literally their black box! That's why you would or should hand it over to them, not that Iran cares about legal and ethical conventions. I guess you have your own asinine reasons for giving them cover.

Is there a reason why Iran should hold onto the evidence of what they probably did in your view?

Lol....the plane does not belong to Boeing. Iran isn't going to hold the evidence.

Countries have their own entities to handle this.

The plane doesn't belong to Iran either.

If everything is on the up-and-up, why is Iran acting awfully guilty? How can Iran come to the conclusion it was "mechanical failure" when the wreckage was still smoking and it takes the NTSB, arguably the best crash investigative unit on the planet, 12-18 months to reach that same conclusion?

When an international flight crashes, who is involved in the investigation and why?

Aviation experts are saying the tiny pieces they have found and no distress call seem like it was shot down. Plus Iran won’t turn the black box over to Boeing.

Cite that law.

The United Nations’ specialized agency for civil aviation called The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) dictates the rules on this, spelled out in its Annex 13. They set out that the country where the crash occurred leads the safety investigation. It also says that the countries where the plane is manufactured, owned and operated should be invited, as well as where the majority of the deceased are from. That can encompass many different countries, agencies and private companies. But if the cause is terrorism, then it turns into a criminal investigation and the rules change.

From your link:

It also says that the countries where the plane is manufactured, owned and operated should be invited

It doesn't say the black box should be kept under lock and key and withheld from the manufacturer, does it?

Care to tell me how Iran came to a conclusion about why this plane fell out of a pitch dark sky in a flaming ball of wreckage within minutes of the crash when it takes the NTSB years?

Cite that law.

From your link:

It also says that the countries where the plane is manufactured, owned and operated should be invited

It doesn't say the black box should be kept under lock and key and withheld from the manufacturer, does it?

And I've (nor have you) seen anything that says that is happening.

I dont need to address your totally made up scenarios.

You have said Iran "controls" the investigation. Your own citation says that isn't so.

How do you explain your apparent lack of candor? Or accuracy?

This is why you try and stop these 12th century throwbacks from getting advanced weaponry...they are irresponsible and can't be trusted...just think if they had nukes and the guy at the firing desk had an itchy finger....no way we let them get nukes...this is why Obama should be prosecuted for arming Iran...that air defense weapons system was purchased from Russia with Obama's gold shipment on a pallet in an unmarked plane in the middle of the night when he thought we were all asleep....

You have said Iran "controls" the investigation. Your own citation says that isn't so.

How do you explain your apparent lack of candor? Or accuracy?

Those who lead, control. I've backed up my statement. If this is all you have I'll consider this line of discussion over.

Standard procedure is for the country that the airliner crashes in is the one to examine the black box.
The Ukrainians will be sending reps there to assist. Until more is know it is way too early to speculate.

Forum List

Back