Iran-Backed Militants Storm US Embassy in Yemen, Seize Hostages

That is because Islam in some places is on the level where say Christianity was in the Middle Ages. Over the time, it will develop to more 'liberal' forms.

If you read the Old Testament, you may also be at first shocked by the harsh punishments and prescriptions there, if they are taken literally. But nowadays, even the most devoted groups of Jews and Christians don't follow them literally. The same will be for Islam.

Which Muslim countries have you lived in? Are you speaking of war torn Iraq or Afghanistan?

Which Muslim countries have you lived in? Are you speaking of war torn Iraq or Afghanistan?

I spent 4.5 years of my youth living in Iran, we left about 6 months before the Shah. I saw much of the good of the religion and some of the worst of it before we left. By in large Muslim people are not really all that different than anyone else.

Which one doesn’t include beating your wife or murdering your children for being raped?

To 'beat" your wife you should use a small scarf attached to a miswak.. If that isn't sufficient, you must divorce her.

Rape is a capital offense in Islam .. like molesting children. They cut the perps head off.

Eat it with a big spoon. Maybe it will give you enough protein to develop what is supposed to be a brain in your head.
AAD654C8-2CCD-4E0C-BCA8-BCA200E4B7C0.gif

I spent 4.5 years of my youth living in Iran, we left about 6 months before the Shah. I saw much of the good of the religion and some of the worst of it before we left. By in large Muslim people are not really all that different than anyone else.

Cool. I used to go to Iran all the time with my mother. She played tournement bridge in Tehran.

I haven't lived in any Muslim country (short trips to Egypt and Turkey don't count of course).

Yes, about Iraq and Afghanistan too.

I haven't lived in any Muslim country (short trips to Egypt and Turkey don't count of course).

Yes, about Iraq and Afghanistan too.

Well, military service in a war zone doesn't help much. There is lots of misinformation about the Muslims.. They dress funny and their culture is more conservative and family oriented than ours. It takes time to get to know them.

Forum List

Back