iran, another stunning victory for Obama

(CNN) -- Save the date: Iran has pledged to start eliminating some of its uranium stockpile on January 20, the White House said Sunday.

That gives an official start date for the six-month interim deal with Iran, which was first announced in November.

"As of that day, for the first time in almost a decade, Iran's nuclear program will not be able to advance, and parts of it will be rolled back, while we start negotiating a comprehensive agreement to address the international community's concerns about Iran's program," U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement Sunday.

White House: Iran to start eliminating uranium stockpile January 20 - CNN.com

Wow. Iran has made a pledge regarding nukes.

I think the world should completely disarm.

I TOTALLY trust the Iranians to do what they say they will do.

It's called stalling. As they are bullshitting Obama, they are continuing to work to complete getting nukes.

It shows what a naive idiot Obama is.

You're right. We should be starting another war so we can put a new regime in place in Iran. After we're done bombing the shit out of them and after we kill a million or so of their people, then we can call it a victory. Not sure how Russia will respond, but who gives a shit. We can go to war with them too.

SO FUCKING WHAT!? It doesn't bother me 1 damn bit if Iran has a nuke. Scares me more Israel has one and has a plan to detonate it over Europe in case of an attack...Israel is the unstable nation in the ME not Iran.

Israel has a bomb that can take out Europe?
You do realize Israel has many nuclear weapons correct? And yes they have a plan to nuke Europe. Oh excuse me its "every nation that can militarily defeat them" Samson Option - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All that babble and nothing of substance.Amazing
Of course the nutjob Nazi speaks....

SO FUCKING WHAT!? It doesn't bother me 1 damn bit if Iran has a nuke. Scares me more Israel has one and has a plan to detonate it over Europe in case of an attack...Israel is the unstable nation in the ME not Iran.

Says the whack job advocating destroying ANOTHER nation because of so called "wmd's" yeah I am the crazy one for sure.

Hey NS?

You should stop advocating a forlorn party of old (the Nazis) who were bent on annihilating an entire race before you lecture anyone on destroying nations.

(CNN) -- Save the date: Iran has pledged to start eliminating some of its uranium stockpile on January 20, the White House said Sunday.

That gives an official start date for the six-month interim deal with Iran, which was first announced in November.

"As of that day, for the first time in almost a decade, Iran's nuclear program will not be able to advance, and parts of it will be rolled back, while we start negotiating a comprehensive agreement to address the international community's concerns about Iran's program," U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement Sunday.

I think you mean another stunning victory for Vladimir Putin. The only stunning victory Obama has had was getting elected twice.

Wow. Iran has made a pledge regarding nukes.

I think the world should completely disarm.

I TOTALLY trust the Iranians to do what they say they will do.

It's called stalling. As they are bullshitting Obama, they are continuing to work to complete getting nukes.

It shows what a naive idiot Obama is.

Yup. Anyone who thinks Iran will give up their nuke program is definetly living in la la land.

Iran will continue to pursue nukes while telling everyone they aren't. Of course loads of sanctions will be pulled making it easier for them.

Naive?? How bout fucking stupid?

Obama got the Syrians to give up their chemical weapons, the Iranians to give up their nuclear weapons, and he got bin Laden and Gadaffi.

All without trillion dollar invasions.

It helps to have a smart president.

Yeah, to bad we haven't seen one in the last 5 years.

-Geaux

Obama got the Syrians to give up their chemical weapons, the Iranians to give up their nuclear weapons, and he got bin Laden and Gadaffi.

Obama also said Assad must go he hasn't and that if Assad used chemical weapons it would be crossing his self imposed red line and change his calculus which he did and it didn't Iran does not have any nuclear weapons and there is no evidence to date anything Obama has done has stopped them from pursuing them. Yeah Bin Laden was killed on his watch and since that time Al-Qaeda has been reforming and getting stronger in the region it was the Libyans who killed Gaddafi how ever it was Obama's light footprint approach in Libya after Gaddafi that lead to Benghazi. Smart President that depends on how low you have set the bar for you consider smart.

In 2011 and 2012 Republicans voted down a request from the State Department for more security funding.

Did Republicans hope an attack on Americans overseas would be successful, so they could make political points on it?

I would not put it past them.
Nice try but we all know if the president really wants to find money for something he will and there is no excuse for not increasing security at overseas missions on the 9-11 anniversary especially in the Middle East.

Obama also said Assad must go he hasn't and that if Assad used chemical weapons it would be crossing his self imposed red line and change his calculus which he did and it didn't Iran does not have any nuclear weapons and there is no evidence to date anything Obama has done has stopped them from pursuing them. Yeah Bin Laden was killed on his watch and since that time Al-Qaeda has been reforming and getting stronger in the region it was the Libyans who killed Gaddafi how ever it was Obama's light footprint approach in Libya after Gaddafi that lead to Benghazi. Smart President that depends on how low you have set the bar for you consider smart.

In 2011 and 2012 Republicans voted down a request from the State Department for more security funding.

Did Republicans hope an attack on Americans overseas would be successful, so they could make political points on it?

I would not put it past them.

Kinda sorta funny that an administration spokesperson was out the day after Benghazi saying money wasn't an issue.

I doubt either the Reps or the Dems were looking for anyone to attack our folks in the ME.

I also wonder why no one lost their job over the gross incompetence of the Obama State Department.

When Iran gets a nuke in 2-3 years...the media will cover up Obama's fingerprints on the bomb.

I'm unsure Israel has any plan to detonate over Europe in case of attack but I wouldn't put it past their extremist politicians to let one go and try to blame it on Iran or whoever.
They do have a record of false flag and they are religious extremists.

I know Muslims have the rep for religious extremism, and there's no arguing we have our nut jobs, but Israel also has the same sort of people, just with a different brand of extremism and nuclear weapons.

When Iran gets a nuke in 2-3 years...the media will cover up Obama's fingerprints on the bomb.

I'm unsure Israel has any plan to detonate over Europe in case of attack but I wouldn't put it past their extremist politicians to let one go and try to blame it on Iran or whoever.
They do have a record of false flag and they are religious extremists.

I know Muslims have the rep for religious extremism, and there's no arguing we have our nut jobs, but Israel also has the same sort of people, just with a different brand of extremism and nuclear weapons.

Israel has not declared that all muslim nations should be destroyed. On the other hand, most muslim nations have called for the destruction of Israel.

Can you grasp the difference between wanting to be left alone to exist and wanting to destroy your neighbors?

Can you grasp the difference between wanting to be left alone to exist and wanting to destroy your neighbors?
Surely you jest??.... :lol:

The fascist Israeli's have repeatedly attacked their neighboring countries under the banner of so called self defense preemptive strikes for years.

no jest, just facts. list the times that israel has attacked one of its neighbors in a preemptive strike and not in retaliation.

The fascist Israeli's have repeatedly attacked their neighboring countries under the banner of so called self defense preemptive strikes for years.

no jest, just facts. list the times that israel has attacked one of its neighbors in a preemptive strike and not in retaliation.
There has been several.

The first was in 1967 when Israel made a preemptive strike against Egypt in what is now called the Six Day War. ... :cool:

DANGER

Iran could have a nuke in a month
October 25, 2013, 2:52 am

Iran could have a nuke in 36 days.
11/28/2013, 8:38 AM

BBC News - Iran profile - timeline

Remember that fucking idiot with his red line on a cartoon bomb?

Mr. Netanyahu said in an interview on “Meet the Press” on NBC that was broadcast on Sept. 16 that he believed Iran was six months from amassing most of the enriched uranium needed for a bomb. “You have to place that red line before them now,” he said. But his speech on Thursday was more explicit about his time frame for a military strike.

2007 May - IAEA says Iran could develop a nuclear weapon in three to eight years if it so chooses.

Roll back to 1979 when we were informed by US Senator Alan Cranston, Iran was ........

Imminent Iran nuclear threat? A timeline of warnings since 1979. - Earliest warnings: 1979-84 - CSMonitor.com

........... seven years away from making a weapon.

1979 + 7 years is 1986 - merry fuck, Iran has hidden nuclear bombs for years.......or the warnings are bullshit.

Have a bunch more warnings.
All the years Israel said an Iranian nuke was imminent? | Liberal Conspiracy

I'm going with the "the warnings are bullshit" option.

I guess the echo chamber supports Cowboy Diplomacy, given the hysterical response to yesterday's announcement. I find it incredible that so many believe that sword rattling is a more effective strategy than economic sanctions, speaking softly and seeking common ground. Iran and the rest of the world know we have 'many a big stick'.

The former brings forth nationalism in the Iranian population, and makes the theocracy there stronger; the latter alienates the people from their nations power elite and weakens those in power; another plus it does not put our service men and women in harms way and it is cost-effective.

There has been several.

The first was in 1967 when Israel made a preemptive strike against Egypt in what is now called the Six Day War. ... :cool:

horseshit, Egypt was moving troops to the border getting ready for an invasion. Israel saw what was happening and stopped it.

your rewrite of history is typical.

I guess the echo chamber supports Cowboy Diplomacy, given the hysterical response to yesterday's announcement. I find it incredible that so many believe that sword rattling is a more effective strategy than economic sanctions, speaking softly and seeking common ground. Iran and the rest of the world know we have 'many a big stick'.

The former brings forth nationalism in the Iranian population, and makes the theocracy there stronger; the latter alienates the people from their nations power elite and weakens those in power; another plus it does not put our service men and women in harms way and it is cost-effective.

Totally wrong. But your naivte about Iran's intentions and motives is typical of the ignorant left.

the way to avoid military confrontation is to take a strong position and be able to back it up. As Reagan did with the soviet union, and Kennedy did with the Cuban blockade.

Sort of like the deal the liberal demigod, better known as Clinton, and his deal he made with North Korea, when they too promised to never pursue a nuclear weapon.

Sort of like that.

Liberals are such a disaster.

It's deja vu all over again. Didn't John Kerry make a historic announcement that Iran would give up it's weapons and let UN inspectors in? When was that? A month or so ago. Then we find out from Iran that the agreement meant no such thing to them.

Now NPR on behalf of the obama regime has a NEW agreement, and Iran will certainly abide by that one, they made the annoucement. They won't. What Iran has done is learn from North Korea who does the same thing all the time and has done for years.

Forum List

Back