Iran and France cancel diplomatic lunch over wine

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
What a silly reason to cancel what probably would have been a great meal. Nobody is being forced to eat or drink anything they don't want.

A lunch between the French and Iranian presidents in Paris has been scrapped after the hosts refused to take wine off the menu.
in​
Email

Ceylontoday, 2016-01-28 09:27:00
Read 379 Times​
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
116472_hollande-rouhani.jpg
[/FONT]
A lunch between the French and Iranian presidents in Paris has been scrapped after the hosts refused to take wine off the menu.
Iran's President Hassan Rouhani had been due to eat lunch with French President Francois Hollande in an upmarket restaurant as part of Mr Rohani's tour of Europe - but negotiations broke down after the Iranians requested a halal, alcohol-free meal.
French officials insisted on serving traditional local food and wine and said making a meal "Iran friendly" went against their Republican values.
The Elysee Palace suggested the heads of state share breakfast instead but this was rejected as "too cheap".
A source told French radio station RTL: "The leaders have missed out on a great opportunity to meet in the relaxed environment of a meal."
Continue reading at:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ceylon Today | Iran and France cancel diplomatic lunch over wine[/FONT]​

Good call for the french.

iran telling them what they can drink and France conceding means france allowed themselves to be bullied.

not in islam, that I know of, against being there when someone else drinks

iran telling them what they can drink and France conceding means france allowed themselves to be bullied.

Italy covered up the nude statues for him, which caused an uproar.

Italy covered up the nude statues for him, which caused an uproar.
When in Rome....

When someone invites you over for a meal, you don't get to tell them what to cook, it's ignorantly rude

maybe Iran should have scheduled in the morning over coffee and continental breakfast.
If Iranians did not want to drink, they could have asked for Perrier

What a silly reason to cancel what probably would have been a great meal. Nobody is being forced to eat or drink anything they don't want.

in​
Email
Ceylontoday, 2016-01-28 09:27:00
Read 379 Times

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
116472_hollande-rouhani.jpg
[/FONT]
Iran's President Hassan Rouhani had been due to eat lunch with French President Francois Hollande in an upmarket restaurant as part of Mr Rohani's tour of Europe - but negotiations broke down after the Iranians requested a halal, alcohol-free meal.
French officials insisted on serving traditional local food and wine and said making a meal "Iran friendly" went against their Republican values.
The Elysee Palace suggested the heads of state share breakfast instead but this was rejected as "too cheap".
A source told French radio station RTL: "The leaders have missed out on a great opportunity to meet in the relaxed environment of a meal."
Continue reading at:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ceylon Today | Iran and France cancel diplomatic lunch over wine[/FONT]​

They were not serving a shiraz?

C'mon folks ------YOU ARE SURPRISED??? it is
****ISLAM***** asserting itself. Sit tight----this crap
is going to GO VIRAL. -----keep me in mind---I am
the ORACLE at usmb

an anecdote-----hubby and I were lunching at a ---curry joint---
in the city. The sign on the door said "all food halal" ----in
walked a niqabi with a gaggle of kids------sat themselves down
at a table-------the 'lady's' eyes landed on the shelves upon which
the bottles of Booze innocently resided and she went BERSERK----
mostly in what seemed to me to be URDU----but it was all about
DA BOOZE ------she grabbed her screaming and resisting
kiddie gaggle and STORMED OUT

sit tight------it has JUST BEGUN

How do you expect a Frenchman in France to not drink wine with a meal?

The biggest laugh is that muslims can drink alcohol if it will save their lives, they have a set of rules for every occasion. Time to tell them if they don't like the customs and culture then they should not be migrating to the west.

The biggest laugh is that muslims can drink alcohol if it will save their lives, they have a set of rules for every occasion. Time to tell them if they don't like the customs and culture then they should not be migrating to the west.

Phoen------more laughs. I came into contact with LOTS of Iranian muslims----LONG LONG ago --------young medical school graduates here in the USA for
their intenships and residencies------fresh from Iran ------ages around 25-----
starting in the late 60s I was the evening weekend FRONT DESK girl ----
a little college time job-----that got expanded into general "fill-in"-----during my own
"OFF TIME" ---ie summer and Christmas and easter vacations----Of course I worked
as many hours as I could------I was young too------and a ________ __ major and my most important credential ------I am short and dark haired and generally -----
shy and taciturn ( "just like the girls back home....." <<< that was the
"compliment" I got from the hindu sari clad docs----for decades) I NEVER MET
AN IRANIAN WHO DID NOT DRINK ---------I met some hindus who BARELY drank---and one or two muslims who did not drink at all------but of the hundreds of
muslims from Pakistan, India, Iran I have encountered---------BOOZE seemed
more an obsession with them than the fraternity kids at school. For the record---
the details of the filth of Shariah and Dhimmia ALLOW for Christians and Jews to
MAKE WINE----------thru former dhimmis I came to understand ----that particular
detail was included in the PACT OF OMAR for------ISLAMIC CONSUMPTION.
The word ALCOHOL is an Arabic word------ALSO MAKES SENSE-------DA JOOOS living in muslim lands DID SPEAK ARABIC ------they made it and probably
NAMED IT There is a mysterious beverage mentioned here and there in the
Talmud called "STRONG DRINK" ------which is not wine.---------uhm----DISTILLED WINE???? "brandywine"? <<<< dats BOOZE

The Iranians could have been served vinegar instead of wine.

Stay out of countries that have alcohol.
Barrels and cured pork at the border
security with dogs and carrying water pistols filling with alcohol, or pigs blood
Pig bone meal sprinkled on the sidewalks
Pig leather covers for door handles
Boar/pig hair door mats
Encourage everyone to own dogs as companions and protection

anyone interesting in my business proposal?-----LAWN PIGS!!! You have seen fabricated DEER and fabricated PEACOCKS as lawn decorations-------
-------I want to arrange a business specifically for large pink plastic LAWN
PIGS-----

I still do not know what a "shiraz' is -----------other than something FARSI---
-----place, decoration, style, -------so I goggled OLD WINE?

An ancient type grape, wine, from Iran. Now grown mostly in Australia or Chile

Iranian wine for Iranian dignitaries

They could have served a well aged dry shriaz vinegar or Sekahnjebin at least to the Iranians

They could have served a well aged dry shriaz vinegar at least to the Iranians

yum------sounds like a good compliment to nice buttery garlicky snails-----
snails are halal----the wine-not the vinegar------but it can sit on the table
in vinegar bottles

They could have served a well aged dry shriaz vinegar at least to the Iranians

yum------sounds like a good compliment to nice buttery garlicky snails-----
snails are halal----the wine-not the vinegar------but it can sit on the table
in vinegar bottles

A popular drink i Iran is Sekahnjebin, a minty vinegar and honey drink popular in the summer

Forum List

Back