Iowa Passes Six Weeks Abortion Ban

I think 12 weeks is closer to where most people are actually, but your point is valid. Most people are against abortion on demand right up until birth. Anything past the first trimester is does not have much support.
I’d have no problem with making it an 8-week ban instead of 6. Gives the “mother” another couple of weeks to decide upon and her an abortion.

Our former Governor was so extreme that he was fine with not merely partial birth abortion - a savagery - but AFTER birth murder as he famously said that if a baby survives an attempted killing during its birth, the doctor could put it aside and then the mother could decide whether to provide needed care (or let the baby die).

You can say that about any time limit, but you certainly can figure the day of conception within a few days - since a woman is only fertile a few days a month.

A woman who is 10 weeks pregnant would be well known to be past the limit. A woman around 6 weeks - give or take a couple of days - would be eligible.

So the law states 6 weeks give or take?

What about women who don't have clockwork periods?

And if you can't state exactly when six weeks from the date of conception is you cannot state when a woman is 10 weeks pregnant.

So the law states 6 weeks give or take?

What about women who don't have clockwork periods?

And if you can't state exactly when six weeks from the date of conception is you cannot state when a woman is 10 weeks pregnant.
So what’s your answer? Let a woman abort her child if she shows up with a belly looking like 5 months because we can’t know for sure what day she conceived?

So what’s you answer? Let a woman abort her child if she shows up with a belly looking like 5 months because we can’t know for sure what day she conceived?

I really don't care if a woman has an abortion because I have absolutely NO authority in the matter.

Call the law what it is. It is in all intents and purposes a ban because it is based on ambiguity

I really don't care if a woman has an abortion because I have absolutely NO authority in the matter.

Call the law what it is. It is in all intents and purposes a ban because it is based on ambiguity
Well again, according to you, we should claim that allowing early abortion is a total ban since we can’t figure out whether conception was on May 22 or 23.

Sounds like you say anything short of allowing a woman to scramble the brains of her baby as it descends through the birth canal is a ban on abortion.

Well again, according to you, we should claim that allowing early abortion is a total ban since we can’t figure out whether conception was on May 22 or 23.

Sounds like you say anything short of allowing a woman to scramble the brains of her baby as it descends through the birth canal is a ban on abortion.

Look the law says 6 weeks

Not approximately 6 weeks, not 6 weeks give or take a day or two.

So if the court decides a woman had an abortion at 6 weeks and one day she can be arrested and charged.

Why? Why do you think the State has no "authority in the matter"?

The State tells people all the time what they can and cant do with their bodies.

Im required to wear a seatbelt in a car. Why should the State be allowed to force me to not smash my face into my windshield?

Im required to wear a life vest. Why am I not allowed to drown my body?

There are states where it's illegal to commit suicide.

Regardless of those facts. The abortion issue isnt about bodily autonomy or women's rights (unless the unborn child is a girl) it's about whether we value the unborn as a human life or not.

Iowa Republicans pass a new 6-week abortion ban. Exemptions for rape, life of the mother, and fetal abnormalities. However the rape must have been reported to police within 45 days. I wonder how this will impact the womens' vote in Iowa and elsewhere.​

Hopefully every woman even considering abortion will file a rape report as soon as she knows she's pregnant. Better yet, every woman of child-bearing age should file rape reports every 6 weeks. That would send the right message to the Iowa Congress about creating unconscionable laws.

Says the man whose party protects biological men who want to play on girls’ teams and deprive the females from well-deserved scholarships - and kicks off the team a high school girl who complained she doesn’t like seeing a “woman” with male genitalia in the locker room.
Forcing women to give birth against their will, violating the privacy rights of women, jeopardizing the health and lives of women.

The right-wing war on women continues.

Hopefully every woman even considering abortion will file a rape report as soon as she knows she's pregnant. Better yet, every woman of child-bearing age should file rape reports every 6 weeks. That would send the right message to the Iowa Congress about creating unconscionable laws.
Wouldn’t it be easier for her to take a bus to the next state rather than send a rape report after every instance of protected sex in case she is one of the 1% failure rate?

In fact, if a woman doesn’t want to risk getting pregnant, she can double up on protection - making the odds of an unwanted pregnancy virtually nil.

Iowa Republicans pass a new 6-week abortion ban. Exemptions for rape, life of the mother, and fetal abnormalities. However the rape must have been reported to police within 45 days. I wonder how this will impact the womens' vote in Iowa and elsewhere.​

Any woman who is forced to carry a fetus against her will should demand that the state assume all financial obligations of the situation. They created this mess, they must assume responsibility for the end results. When child care costs in Iowa increase by 400 or 500% they might change the ignorant law. Also there's going to be many lawsuits. One wrongful heath case can cost the state millions.

Forcing women to give birth against their will, violating the privacy rights of women, jeopardizing the health and lives of women.

The right-wing war on women continues.
She’s not forced to give birth against her will. She gets six weeks to murder her would-be child. If that’s not long enough, she can take a bus to the next state.

Hopefully every woman even considering abortion will file a rape report as soon as she knows she's pregnant. Better yet, every woman of child-bearing age should file rape reports every 6 weeks. That would send the right message to the Iowa Congress about creating unconscionable law

Yeah that's a great idea. Im sure it wont over burden police depts and keep them from investigating actual rape cases and locking up the perpetrators.

People having sex could conversely could just do it responsibly. If a woman is using birth control the man is using a condom and they don't have sex during the 6 days she's actual able to get pregnant the chances of having an unplanned pregnancy drop to essentially zero. I know is nutso to expect anyone to exercise any amount of self control and responsibility these days, but...

The pill is 99.7% effective if used properly.

Condoms are 98% effective if used properly.

Add in the timing aspect and if you get pregnant it would border on being a miracle.

Yeah that's a great idea. Im sure it wont over burden police depts and keep them from investigating actual rape cases and locking up the perpetrators.

People having sex could conversely could just do it responsibly. If a woman is using birth control the man is using a condom and they don't have sex during the 6 days she's actual able to get pregnant the chances of having an unplanned pregnancy drop to essentially zero. I know is nutso to expect anyone to exercise any amount of self control and responsibility these days, but...

The pill is 99.7% effective if used properly.

Condoms are 98% effective if used properly.

Add in the timing aspect and if you get pregnant it would border on being a miracle.
It still happens and there are many reasons NOT to have a child, as opposed to only 1 reason to have one. But all you people see is someone to blame.

Forum List

Back