involuntary relocation

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Public schools in Texas would describe slavery to second graders as “involuntary relocation” under new social studies standards proposed to the state's education board.

A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board of Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social studies curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The once-a-decade process updates what children learn in the state's nearly 8,900 public schools.

But yeah, it is just the left trying to rewrite history! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Last edited:

Public schools in Texas would describe slavery to second graders as “involuntary relocation” under new social studies standards proposed to the state's education board.

A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board of Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social studies curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The once-a-decade process updates what children learn in the state's nearly 8,900 public schools.

But yeah, it is just the left trying to rewrite history! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
F’n political correctness!

those are leftist doing it,, they have to hide the fact it was democrats that supported slavery,,

What goes around comes around.

Take your history re-writing medicine.

See, leftists do shit trying to get communism in here, and righties show them why they shouldn't do it. Nobody ever learns.

What goes around comes around.

Take your history re-writing medicine.

See, leftists do shit trying to get communism in here, and righties show them why they shouldn't do it. Nobody ever learns.

Never really been a fan of "well they did it first" defense.

When my children were 5 or so I taught them that was not a valid reason for doing something.

Kinda like "undocumented aliens" I guess.

Ok, when I first saw that, I thought 'this is conservatives taking a page out of the left's dishonest playbook, and they really should not stoop to that.'

But, I read more deeply and found this:

Part of the proposed draft standards obtained by The Texas Tribune say students should “compare journeys to America, including voluntary Irish immigration and involuntary relocation of African people during colonial times.”

This would actually be a good topic, though too advanced for 2nd graders (if the article isn't lying about that part also). In second grade, students need to know that the United States government perpetuated a great evil called the institution of slavery in it's first hundred years of existence. They need to internalize, at an early age, that government, while intended to be helpful, is capable of atrocity on a scale not possible for individuals, and that individuals must always be watchful of their government rather than the other way around.

In 6th grade, for example, the smarter students could understand a comparison between a voluntary journey to the states to become a low-wage factory worker and a non-voluntary journey to become a no-wage farm worker. The teacher could present the hardships endured by the Irish along with the hardships endured by the African. Some student will surely say, "yes, but the Irish were free," which could provoke a very useful discussion.

Some of those non-Black kids will have parents and certainly grandparents who may be telling them that "my ancestors had it tough also," and this would be a good way to discuss that idea.

Ok, when I first saw that, I thought 'this is conservatives taking a page out of the left's dishonest playbook, and they really should not stoop to that.'

But, I read more deeply and found this:

Part of the proposed draft standards obtained by The Texas Tribune say students should “compare journeys to America, including voluntary Irish immigration and involuntary relocation of African people during colonial times.”

This would actually be a good topic, though too advanced for 2nd graders (if the article isn't lying about that part also). In second grade, students need to know that the United States government perpetuated a great evil called the institution of slavery in it's first hundred years of existence. They need to internalize, at an early age, that government, while intended to be helpful, is capable of atrocity on a scale not possible for individuals, and that individuals must always be watchful of their government rather than the other way around.

In 6th grade, for example, the smarter students could understand a comparison between a voluntary journey to the states to become a low-wage factory worker and a non-voluntary journey to become a no-wage farm worker. The teacher could present the hardships endured by the Irish along with the hardships endured by the African. Some student will surely say, "yes, but the Irish were free," which could provoke a very useful discussion.

Some of those non-Black kids will have parents and certainly grandparents who may be telling them that "my ancestors had it tough also," and this would be a good way to discuss that idea.

Agreed. Comparing slavery to other forms of forced labor and/or the harshness of "voluntary" immigration, could be educational, though I agree 2cd grade seems young for such distinctions.

Where do they find this stuff? Lefties have been quibbling about pronouns for the last couple of years and today they can't even define a "woman" but they come up with this little gem that they turn into a federal case. Much ado about nothing.

Leave it to the racist right to try to make slavery acceptable.

Are you claiming slavery was voluntary?

Leave it to the racist right to try to make slavery acceptable.

There was nothing in the article that suggested that the intent was to make slavery "acceptable".

When you lie like that, you are implicitly admitting that your hatred of your enemies is unfounded. Because if you had real, just reasons for your hate, you would be talking about THOSE reasons,

not this made up shit.

Forum List

Back