Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

I would think that anyone who advocates innocent American citizens being stripped of their rights, freedom, jobs for an undetermined amount of time should be willing to make an example of how "patriotic" it is by setting an example putting himself under those conditions.

Otherwise you're nothing more than a gutless coward who is willing to do to other people what he isn't willing to endure himself.
All of us who have served in the military have lived "under those conditions", and a whole lot worse. :salute:

By choice (since the draft ended) and you were paid for it... and weren't imprisoned.

Stop trying to change the subject :lol:

This is about Japanese Internment not the horrors of boot camp and being an army construction worker :D
No change of subject. You said "show me when they were stripped of their rights and sent to live behind barbed wire in internment camps."

Army camps are similar to the Japs' internment camps, except the military life is much harsher and yes, te troop[s are "stripped of their rights"

By choice (since the draft ended) and you were paid for it... and weren't imprisoned.
When I was in the military (1964-1969), the draft was alive and well. And yes we WERE imprisoned. You can't leave. If you do, it's a crime.

Stop trying to change the subject :lol:

This is about Japanese Internment not the horrors of boot camp and being an army construction worker :D
No change of subject. You said "show me when they were stripped of their rights and sent to live behind barbed wire in internment camps."

Army camps are similar to the Japs' internment camps, except the military life is much harsher and yes, te troop[s are "stripped of their rights"

Actually no - they aren't stripped of their lives. Their children and wives weren't forced into those conditions. They were paid for their service. They weren't treated like enemies of the state - or told that they were vipers. They didn't have to stay behind barbed wire nor would they be shot trying to leave.

Actually no - they aren't stripped of their lives. Their children and wives weren't forced into those conditions. They were paid for their service. They weren't treated like enemies of the state - or told that they were vipers. They didn't have to stay behind barbed wire nor would they be shot trying to leave.
You said RIGHTS, not lives. And soldiers ARE indeed stripped of their lives. Can they go see a movie ? No. Go to a baseball game ? NO. Go fishing ? No. They are stuck in a military base, and that's it. Very similar to the interned Japanese people. How about sailors on a ship ? Try that sometime.

As for pay, it is pennies on the dollar. I don't think interned Japs were treated like enemies. They just were secured from the general population - that was the idea. You're exaggerating, and I'm not buying it.

Army service has always been voluntary. Those who accepted the draft law as making the choice for them chose to do so. Everyone had to step over a line and swear an oath to join the U.S. Army; no one was inducted under force. Jail was another choice perhaps, but it was a choice. Pretend otherwise as one wills.

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)

Where do you people come from?

And how can us normal folx get you nutjobs locked up where you can do any more damage?

See how that works?

[emoji90]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It worked

There was no Japanese terrorism
Can't deny that.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

FDR was a freak'n military genius

He used interred Japanese as hostages

Hey Hirohito! Try that shit again and these Japs get it!
Notice how the Japanese didn't attack us again?

I thought this was about Americans of Japanese descent.

There was no reason to put steal their belongings, their homes and lock them up in concentration camp.

It was a war crime.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

A) wiki? Really?

B) a relative handful from two of the largest ethnic groups in the country - among which were a number of REAL threats of espionage and sabotage - as opposed to over 100,000 of a small minority - among whom NONE were ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war? Bull fucking shit there was no racism involved. The scumbag fdr was a known racist, among other ugly qualities.

Nevertheless. one cannot say that minus the internment , there would have been no treasonous attacks upon America, or Americans,by Japanese-Americans (of any race). For that determination to be made, there would have to have been TWO scenarios to compare side by side. >> An internment, and the absence of an internment.
Same thing could be said of Germans.

There were a small percentage of Americans who opposed the camps or stood up fort their Japanese neighbors and Carr was one of the few politicians who stood up for what was right. Even the courts tasked with standing up for Constitutional rights ignored them

The world was in an uproar in 1942. Protecting the rights of those viewed as enemies was not a high priority
National security trumps civil rights. Tough to accept, but it's true. You don't retain to many rights if you're DEAD.
War time Tax Rates for real times of War, right wingers.

Army service has always been voluntary. Those who accepted the draft law as making the choice for them chose to do so. Everyone had to step over a line and swear an oath to join the U.S. Army; no one was inducted under force. Jail was another choice perhaps, but it was a choice. Pretend otherwise as one wills.
Your first numbskull sentence destroyed your credibility in this forum (if you ever had any) In 1964, when I entered the US Army the draft law was in effect and it was MANDATORY to go in the service if you were drafted.(not voluntary)

Idiotic, Unamerican bigots always want to believe they are justified, They are always wrong.
That might be true of bigots, but not those who are knowledgable about Islam. And those who are ignorant of Islam, shouldn't be posting about it in computer forums. :rolleyes:

Koran 8:12......9:5......9:123......4:34.......etc. etc.

Where do you people come from?

And how can us normal folx get you nutjobs locked up where you can do any more damage?

See how that works?
What I see is you have no answer to the post you quoted. >>

"What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)"

And where we protectionists "come from", is a KNOWLEDGE of Islam, by having read the Koran. Try it some time.

I thought this was about Americans of Japanese descent.

There was no reason to put steal their belongings, their homes and lock them up in concentration camp.

It was a war crime.
As I have already educated you, it is impossible for you to say >> "There was no reason to... lock them up in concentration camp" :rolleyes:

That can never be ascertained.

Forum List

Back