Zone1 Internet Democracy for the modern era

Aug 27, 2022
This kind of thing is new to me so I will just say this and hope its seen or understood.
Hello, I am asking you to discuss a new theory I have for society that practices a way of life full of good choices that benefit the world and us living on it. Although fear sells, I on the other hand have by myself created a plan that could stop us from going extinct. I don’t want to begin this by filling you up with too much information that you might not need. Here is my attempt at explaining what my discovered advancement of democracy could do to transform the way government and the people can problem solve in a meaningful way.
Leading a crusade is not democracy, instead of that, empowering everyone to choose from the best set of choices by consent is. These crusades in government only reflect the need to achieve when gridlock from the two party system has nearly defeated all meaningful legislation. In this current situation, we are twiddling our thumbs and mostly spectators of democracy. This leads to mass skepticism, cynicism, and doubt about the political process and many unhappy people opt out. The disenfranchised feel all these things about government because we have been marginalized or excluded from having influence. Huge financial donors have influence but we the people don’t.
I devised a new branch of government to assist the other three branches and this would be the internet branch of government. A branch this important would have to be safe guarded against hacks and abuse.
To use this branch, everyone in society would register themselves and begin to participate in a national exercise. The plan for such a branch is simple, to allow for total participation in the exercise of solving problems. We would raise problems to everyone's attention and hold a contest to solve them that benefits everyone involved with some stake or financial reward. The largest reward goes to the creator of a solution that wins the most consent of the people by the deadline of the particular contest.
Not many people are onboard with internet democracy because the value of a republic is reasonably understood. I am not theorizing we do away with existing governments but I do want to add to that government this new branch of we the people so that a way exists to tap into intelligence of we the people. This new branch benefits society because it produces great solutions at little cost. The engagement of the public could turn the tide of cynicism about the political process in general.
The government branch would inquire to us, can such a problem be solved, and then we would look at the solutions offered in real time and give our consent to the ones we like. The number of this consent is tallied and tracked so that we can see what the most approved solutions look like. Great solutions would essentially be fast tracked some growing support in a going viral phenomenon. This grass roots activity would gather up around great ideas of our time and from this momentum of its critical mass, and a phenomenal solution is born. The other branches of government can then simply enact new legislation written or started by influential creators that have the overwhelming support from the peoples asserted consent decrees. Sounds complex but consent is the bedrock of a transparent government we can trust. Absent this system, gridlock will continue and politics will just be the issue we don’t discuss in public or at the dinner table.
This experimental branch of democracy can exist in real time. The world needs a way to find solutions and unite in real time to give consent for ideas that serve the benefit of the world and mankind. Panic can set in if we don’t prepare for the great problems the world now is facing. I have hope that the new generation of voters will see the need to fully participate in the preparations we make to handle the coming foreseeable collapse of civilization. Force is no way to get things done and now we have this way to give rewards to solutions generated by the voice of the people.

Forum List

Back