International Criminal Court Issues Arrest Warrant For Putin Over War Crimes In Ukraine

Thank God no Americans are on the ground.
This war is an old fashioned slaughterhouse for both sides!!
At the end of year one, 100k Ukie soldiers dead; 140k Russkie soldiers gone.
Great harm to all of Ukraine and some incidental harm to Russians, too; not just the massive expenditure of wealth and materiel.

Don't forget that we are backstopping the wealth and some material that Ukraine doesn't have.
The debate about the wisdom (or lack of wisdom) of doing so is not resolved simply by noting what we agree on.

War is horrifying and beyond tragic. Costs are enormous.

But the debate about our assistance to Ukraine isn’t just black and white.

After a great deal of reading and discussion and debate, I have come down squarely in the camp that maintains: I have no idea if it’s appropriate or not.

Russia was in the wrong to begin with. Putin’s damn military invaded Ukraine. Ukraine didn’t start this mess. Period.

Ukraine is a sovereign nation and has had an absolute right to defend itself. It hasn’t brought the war to Russia.

Russia has engaged in an unmitigated military campaign of war crimes as its method of operation. There is no excuse for it.

And I learned that it was a mistake for the world to do nothing when Hitler was the aggressive invader. The analogy may not work perfectly with Putin. I grant that. But I am worried that in the international geopolitical sense, it might be a mistake not to consider that Ukraine may just be the first of several.

Is it OUR problem? Except as stated in the preceding paragraph, probably not.

Maybe we shouldn’t be doing anything. But Russia already sees us as weak. (Thanks Brandon!). I think — because of Brandon — much of the world see is as weak, too. Yet … that seems like a crappy reason (maybe, at least on its own) to mix ourselves into that war.

I agree that we aren’t and shouldn’t accept the mantle of being the policeman of the world.

Yep. I’m undecided.

Bullshit. Ask Vicky. CIA effeminates have been working Ukraine nazis for the last seven decades. Arresting Putin will be taken as a declaration of war, says current Russian media.

News from scumbags from parallel universe for morons in here.

Just appreciate the intensity of the truth from the The Daily Telegraph:

From our Russia Correspondent Nataliya Vasilyeva:

Hundreds of Ukrainian children have been sent to mainland Russia for “patriotic training” as Moscow appears to have resumed its programme of mass indoctrination.
Ukraine’s Centre for National Resistance, a group that collects intelligence from occupied areas for the Ukrainian military, said more than 400 children had been sent to summer camps in Russia in recent weeks.

It is the first time Moscow has sent Ukrainian children to recreation camps in Russia since Vladimir Putin and his ombudswoman Maria Lvova-Belova were issued an arrest warrant by the International Criminal Court (ICC) this spring over the forcible removal of Ukrainian children.
At least 200 children were reportedly moved from the town of Dovzhansk, Luhansk region, to the Russian Black Sea coast resort of Anapa.
Another 150 children were sent from Kherson’s Kakhovka and Genichesk district while a further 50 were sent from occupied parts of Zaporizhzhia to another unnamed location on the Russian coast of the Black Sea.

Last edited:
The ninth group of Donbass children is going to the Black sea, to Gelendzhik. In this group, most of the children are so young that they have not yet seen peaceful life. Many are from orphanages.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back