International Cookies

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... I must have a sweet tooth this morning ....

Talking about candy made me think of cookies my mom would make around the holidays.
She would make these amazing Norweigan cookies which I loved.

These are called Krumcake and they are AMAZING!

Talking about candy made me think of cookies my mom would make around the holidays.

My favorite:

th

322176_2836257270045_1367614239_33216062_2018587284_o.jpg

Pfeffernusse Cookies

Traditional German Christmas cookie with molasses, honey, and a variety of spices

322176_2836257270045_1367614239_33216062_2018587284_o.jpg

Pfeffernusse Cookies

Traditional German Christmas cookie with molasses, honey, and a variety of spices

oh now that is deadly! I hope I can remember this thread.
Every Christmas I tell myself I'm going to get creative and make cookies like this...

These Norweigan Butter Cookies were also amazing.... melt in your mouth amazing....

Lots of family makes Christmas very busy for us. We keep trying to find ways to spend more time with cookie baking and card writing.

These Norweigan Butter Cookies were also amazing.... melt in your mouth amazing....

Both threads of yours make me wish to go home for a visit!

I must be in a nostalgic mood. I did have dreams about family last night (and Disney World) - that's twice I have had dreams about Disney World recently (but no Pink Elephants on parade....)

They look like pizzelles.... I have a pizelle maker. I don't use it anymore since the grand kids live far away. I made them rolled up like on the picture but tighter on the bottom and used them as ice cream cones. They loved it.... Good stuff....

I must be in a nostalgic mood. I did have dreams about family last night (and Disney World) - that's twice I have had dreams about Disney World recently (but no Pink Elephants on parade....)

th

You're not very wordy. I won't get much out of you....

th

My great-grandfather from grandmother from my mother side was from Norway.

They look like pizzelles.... I have a pizelle maker. I don't use it anymore since the grand kids live far away. I made them rolled up like on the picture but tighter on the bottom and used them as ice cream cones. They loved it.... Good stuff....

My mom made them with something that looked like a waffle iron.
I will have to ask her if she still has it....

th

A picture is worth a thousand words.

and just saying Very Interesting wouldn't be as funny

th

true, but you know how my mind works... interesting in what way? just interesting or thought provoking.... anyway never mind! ;)

th

My great-grandfather from grandmother from my mother side was from Norway.

How did he escape?

Raft, or overland?

th

true, but you know how my mind works... interesting in what way? just interesting or thought provoking.... anyway never mind! ;)

ok

Forum List

Back