The K-Cup....

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
So the wife and I have been considering a K-Cup machine.
Anyone have any suggestions or is the Keurig the be all to end all?

From what I've seen cost isnt all that big of an issue since I havent come across one over a couple of hundred bucks.

Any insight?

From what I've seen cost isnt all that big of an issue since I havent come across one over a couple of hundred bucks.

Any insight?
They're great. Been using a Keurig for the past three years, and love it. They'll spoil you.

I like to pour the amount of coffee that I want..I make strong coffee.
It is pre-measured isn't it?

I roast and grind my own beans for my espresso machine and coffee machines so this isnt going to take the place of my all important morning kickstart.This is going to be mainly for an evening coffee,tea or hot chocolate where I dont want to make a pot.

I like to pour the amount of coffee that I want..I make strong coffee.
It is pre-measured isn't it?

I am with you on that and I make Sailor Coffee where you can cut it with a knife... I had a employee that would ask if I had made the coffee that morning because he told his niece that when he drank my coffee he would not sleep for two days...

Any insight?
Get a Nespresso

Amazon.com: Nespresso: Home & Kitchen

But Keurig's and their pods are cheaper

Any insight?
Get a Nespresso

I looked at the Nespresso but it appears to center on espresso.
I have a Rancilio Silvia that makes a kick ass espresso so I dont really need to go there.

Any insight?
Get a Nespresso

I have a Rancilio Silvia that makes a kick ass espresso so I dont really need to go there.
Mine makes regular coffee and espresso. I never use it for espresso. It depends on what pods you buy.

If you really want to blow up your coffee world and take it to the next level get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nespresso-Aeroccino-Plus-Milk-Frother/dp/B001UHZAYS/ref=pd_sim_79_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41r0Y7b-5gL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR126,160_&refRID=0D3G2CH22G9W1XW78W7R

The one I linked to is expensive but I'm sure you can find other models for less. I can't remember which one mine is.

I thought this was about bras....

467de6975cbed41886704fd39cdbf94a.jpg

^^^^K cup. Or, a bowling ball bag.

I owned one a few years ago and it was a piece of crap. The tubes that infused the water into the cups kept clogging. You have to clean them, yes I know that but it got to where we were cleaning them after every two or three cups. And it's a time consuming pain in the ass. It isn't our water because my brother in law in Chicago had the exact same problem.

Maybe the technology is better now, but I'll never buy another one.

Any insight?
Get a Nespresso

Mine makes regular coffee and espresso. I never use it for espresso. It depends on what pods you buy.

If you really want to blow up your coffee world and take it to the next level get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nespresso-Aeroccino-Plus-Milk-Frother/dp/B001UHZAYS/ref=pd_sim_79_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41r0Y7b-5gL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR126,160_&refRID=0D3G2CH22G9W1XW78W7R

The one I linked to is expensive but I'm sure you can find other models for less. I can't remember which one mine is.

A milk frother?

Any insight?
Get a Nespresso

A milk frother?
Yes. THE milk frother. It's totally unnecessary, but this one will make people think you're a coffee expert.

Any insight?

I have a Nespresso Machine. I think it is far superior to the Kuerig. It makes barista quality lattes and cappuccino's. It froths milk either cold or hot. The capsules cost about 0.70 each.

I've never had a good cup of coffee from a Keurig machine. It never seems to make it hot enough, or strong enough, the quality of the available coffee is meh. I just bought a new coffee pot the other day over one of those things. Employees at the office would rather go to Starbucks or the gas station rather than use the Keurig downstairs. I can see it as a convenience in situations where you don't want to use your good coffee for guests and whatnot but not the personal coffee maker.

This conversation about coffee has gone on long enough. It's fucking coffee.

Easy and Gourmet = Nespresso

Easy and decent = Keurig

Normal and as good as you like = every other coffee maker on the planet

If it's too cold put it in a microwave. If it's too hot wait for it to cool off.

There. I have bequeathed upon ye my coffee wisdom.

Forum List

Back