Interesting fake news on gun ownership

Levant

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2020
Northeast Oklahoma
According to this list by CBS, Washington DC is the #2 most armed "state" in the country. Of course they only consider registered guns. By their numbers, the average gun ownership in the US is going to be about 15 guns (I didn't do the actual math) per 1000 residents and so there are only 4.5 million guns in the U.S. Not sure what the purpose is for their deception except perhaps to minimize the impact of taking them after 2021.

According to this list by CBS, Washington DC is the #2 most armed "state" in the country. Of course they only consider registered guns. By their numbers, the average gun ownership in the US is going to be about 15 guns (I didn't do the actual math) per 1000 residents and so there are only 4.5 million guns in the U.S. Not sure what the purpose is for their deception except perhaps to minimize the impact of taking them after 2021.

:auiqs.jpg:

Such an attempt would result in their taking fire, not guns.

They are trying to make it sound like gun ownership is rare so that the "normal" people won't throw a fit when gun confiscation comes.

They are trying to make it sound like gun ownership is rare so that the "normal" people won't throw a fit when gun confiscation comes.
Almost everybody I know has a gun or two.

had over 1 million paid hunting-license holders during 2018, according to the F&WS, a total that's No. 1 in the nation.

Even if you believe that only half of those people only own one scoped rifle, if you consider the fact they know how to use them, they account for the largest amount of skilled shooters than all of the armies of the world combined. Most military personel are marginal shooters, and few practice with any regularity, are very familiar with their weapons, maintain them, or can shoot a moving target at any significant range.

That's JUST THE HUNTERS. No one has more battle hardened veterans, with serious arsenals, let alone regular people with lots of guns that know how to use them than the US. I have no fear all the governments and military forces of the world could, including our own, (many members would defect to the "rebel side") could occupy Texas alone, let alone face the hordes from Montana, Idaho, Wyoming... ETC. That would come down and help. We could not even contain rock farmers in Afghanistan, and it took all our best efforts to "win" in Iraq.

If you call it a "win".

Of course they only consider registered guns.
Anybody actually "register" a gun in America, and it hasn't been confiscated, they haven't lost their gun rights in mental health court?
didn't know gun ownership was so high among the transgender community
That's right. They cut your hair, scalp you and lobotomize you if they can, snip your balls off and cut your arms off at the shoulder so can't "bear" them.

Even if you believe that only half of those people only own one scoped rifle, if you consider the fact they know how to use them, they account for the largest amount of skilled shooters than all of the armies of the world combined. Most military personel are marginal shooters, and few practice with any regularity, are very familiar with their weapons, maintain them, or can shoot a moving target at any significant range.

That's JUST THE HUNTERS. No one has more battle hardened veterans, with serious arsenals, let alone regular people with lots of guns that know how to use them than the US. I have no fear all the governments and military forces of the world could, including our own, (many members would defect to the "rebel side") could occupy Texas alone, let alone face the hordes from Montana, Idaho, Wyoming... ETC. That would come down and help. We could not even contain rock farmers in Afghanistan, and it took all our best efforts to "win" in Iraq.

If you call it a "win".

I was surprised at Texas' and Oklahoma's low positions on the list. #19 for Oklahoma. But we don't register our guns so I don't know how they have us at anything above 51.

I'm not in Washington, D.C., but the last I checked, I own several firearms. At the range, I see that people usually bring two for sport. The figure is more like 95+ million private citizens owning about 300 million firearms and with the current unrest, that figure is sure to surge significantly.

Forum List

Back