Insufferable actors/actresses

Nicolas cage.

Cage is better than his movies.
He basically accepted any and all roles he was asked to play in. Used himself as Thanksgiving Turkey because of his financial bungles and eye popping bad investments he lost $millions in.
He is actually pretty good. But appeared in so many bad movies people think he sucks.
Not that he is anywhere near DeNiro... but like DeNiro he chose absolutely terrible movies to appear in

Nicolas cage.

He basically accepted any and all roles he was asked to play in. Used himself as Thanksgiving Turkey because of his financial bungles and eye popping bad investments he lost $millions in.
He is actually pretty good. But appeared in so many bad movies people think he sucks.
Not that he is anywhere near DeNiro... but like DeNiro he chose absolutely terrible movies to appear in
He's a one trick pony. He's always the same guy no matter what the role. And the one guy he is grates on my nerves. I literally cannot stand him.

OVERactors:

- Ed Harris
- Nick Cage
- Al Pacino (has some great stuff, but clearly needs a strong director to reign him in)
- William Shatner (undisputed king)
- Ben Affleck & Matt Damon
William Shatner showed he was a talented actor in his early TV and movie appearances but he never seem be interested in developing that talent preferring quantity over quality appearance which has made him quite wealthy with a net worth well over hundred million.
One person that has developed into a fine actor is Leo DiCaprio.
Couldn't agree more.

More insufferable actors:

- The Rock
- Jean Claude Van Damme
- Natalie Portman
- Kyle McLaughlin
- Winona Ryder
- Anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell

From the wayback machine..a very minor actor

From all of the accounts I have hears (and it's not that many admittedly) he's a good guy and everything but his acting was wretched.... Patrick Duffy if you remember him from Dallas.

You could see him literally inhaling before he delivered a line. Maybe he had a medical condition or something but it was sort of funny to watch after a while.

Nicolas cage.

Nicolas Cage has made some good movies and he is better than a lot of the newer actors out there. Hollywood really hasn’t produced any good actors in quite awhile though.

During a discussion of favorite films and television shows, it quickly became apparent that most people have an actor or actress who is a complete turn-off, and they can't stand any film in which they are featured.

For me, I admit to having more than one. Kevin Costner is such a horrible "actor" that I don't even want to be in the same building where one of his films is being shown. If he is ever in a film with Meryl Streep, I will have to bomb the theater (before any paying customers arrive) to prevent the possibility...

Do any of our other correspondents have similar reactions to famous thespians?

I'll add to the list of people I can't stand to see on screen:

Paulie Shore
Jon Lovitz
Rob Schneider

Slyvester Stallone. I liked some of his movies, but most just get on my nerves.

Tina Fey
George Lopez
Amy Schumer
Matt Damon
Madonna
Robert De Niro
Rosie O'Donnell
George Clooney

Eva Longoria.....

....They hate Trump, but it is really about their hatred for the Republican Voters who are mainstream society. Over the years of observing Hollywood there seems to be a common theme with Hollywood Liberals.
They are Democrat bigots who loath Wasps, heartland Americans, devout Catholics, patriots, suburbanites, Evangelicals, rural people, Southerners, Midwesterners ........ really anyone outside of LA and New York.

Tina Fey
George Lopez
Amy Schumer
Matt Damon
Madonna
Robert De Niro
Rosie O'Donnell
George Clooney

Eva Longoria.....

....They hate Trump, but it is really about their hatred for the Republican Voters who are mainstream society. Over the years of observing Hollywood there seems to be a common theme with Hollywood Liberals.
They are Democrat bigots who loath Wasps, heartland Americans, devout Catholics, patriots, suburbanites, Evangelicals, rural people, Southerners, Midwesterners ........ really anyone outside of LA and New York.
It's a shame your personal fetishes and neuroses have so negatively affected your ability to enjoy entertainment. I imagine you must have a similar list of musicians a mile long. Your loss, really.

Oh yeah... same here. The guy can't act... at all. No idea how he has been in so many movies.
Without Rocky my guess he would have never got beyond TV guest appearances.
For sure Stallone.I lost my respect for him when he made Rocky 4.that was the most unrealisticRocky movie.the thing that always made the previous Rocky films fun to watch was they were realistic.Rocky fighting a superhuman that doesn’t work for a Rocky movie.he would have been killed same as Apollo was.even ivander holyfield who reviewed the films said the same thing,that no human being could take that kind of punishment and live.Stallone should have ended it with Rocky 3 and then go on to Rocky balboa after that.

I did enjoy his last Rambo movie he made.first good one he made sense the original first blood movie.It was very realistic.that’s exactly how they operate down there in Mexico.the police are in the pockets of the cartel just as they portrayed it in the movie.

George Clooney. The worst.
Could not have said it better myself. :thankusmile: The guy is ugly looking as hell,him being cast as Bruce Wayne was an insult to Batman fans. I also cant stand Tom cruise,have not seen a movie of his in over a decade at least,not because I think he is a bad actor which he was in his early days,but got better as he got older,but because he is into Scientology.
Tom has come off as a frat boy since he did Risky Business.

Can't stand him.
About the only movie of his I liked was Born on the Fourth of July.there was that other one as well where he played a sumari,that was good,that’s about the only two films of his I can sit through.he has special connections in Hollywood which is why they are allowing him to turn mission impossible into another never ending James Bond franchise.

During a discussion of favorite films and television shows, it quickly became apparent that most people have an actor or actress who is a complete turn-off, and they can't stand any film in which they are featured.

For me, I admit to having more than one. Kevin Costner is such a horrible "actor" that I don't even want to be in the same building where one of his films is being shown. If he is ever in a film with Meryl Streep, I will have to bomb the theater (before any paying customers arrive) to prevent the possibility...

People who CANNOT act their way out of a wet paper bag:

- Anyone from the cast of Friends
- Vin Diesel
- Keanu Reeves
- Guy who played "Jesse" on Breaking Bad. Don't know his name, don't want to know it
- John Travolta

For starters...
Neither could John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Lopez, John Travolta, or Harrison Ford. They had a screen persona that audiences loved but they weren't really great actors. There are some stars that audience loved and were also great actors, such as Tome Hanks, Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Spenser Tracy, Morgan Freeman, James Dean, Paul Neuman, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, and James Stewart. Critics loved them for their acting ability and audience just plain loved them.
I dunno. Travolta did excellent in Face Off, pretending to be Nick Cage when the faces were swapped. BOTH of them did so well mimicing each other.
Although I did not like the movie, his acting in "Leaving Las Vegas" was superb. Cage is very versatile and can be really good but like a lot of actors he prefers quantity over quality. Some of his movies are really good and other are terrible. He's been very good in romantic comedies such as Moonstruck, Raising Arizona, and Peggy Sue Got Married. Also dramas such as Face Off, Red Rock West, and Leaving Las Vegas, he was excellent. Then there was Arsenal, Left Behind, and Outcast which which were a waste of time. He has been featured in over 110 movies in his 30 some years on the the screen, produced about dozen or so movies, as well as doing some television. He seems to take on any role offered to him, probably a combined result of his rampant workaholism and notorious financial struggles.

People who CANNOT act their way out of a wet paper bag:

- Anyone from the cast of Friends
- Vin Diesel
- Keanu Reeves
- Guy who played "Jesse" on Breaking Bad. Don't know his name, don't want to know it
- John Travolta

For starters...
Neither could John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Lopez, John Travolta, or Harrison Ford. They had a screen persona that audiences loved but they weren't really great actors. There are some stars that audience loved and were also great actors, such as Tome Hanks, Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Spenser Tracy, Morgan Freeman, James Dean, Paul Neuman, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, and James Stewart. Critics loved them for their acting ability and audience just plain loved them.
I dunno. Travolta did excellent in Face Off, pretending to be Nick Cage when the faces were swapped. BOTH of them did so well mimicing each other.
Although I did not like the movie, his acting in "Leaving Las Vegas" was superb. Cage is very versatile and can be really good but like a lot of actors he prefers quantity over quality. Some of his movies are really good and other are terrible. He's been very good in romantic comedies such as Moonstruck, Raising Arizona, and Peggy Sue Got Married. Also dramas such as Face Off, Red Rock West, and Leaving Las Vegas, he was excellent. Then there was Arsenal, Left Behind, and Outcast which which were a waste of time. He has been featured in over 110 movies in his 30 some years on the the screen, produced about dozen or so movies, as well as doing some television. He seems to take on any role offered to him, probably a combined result of his rampant workaholism and notorious financial struggles.
I liked him in Family Man. Great Christmas movie that one was..in my opinion. Also the National Treasures movies.

like a lot of actors he prefers quantity over quality. Some of his movies are really good and other are terrible.
Well, they've got to meet the demand of the consumers and moviegoers. People don't see just one really good movie and then quit going to the theater. No. There's a standing date or night out with a group of friends and the demand is for one movie after another, even if not all of them are all that great.

If people have already seen one movie, it's not always that great to see the exact same movie all over again right away.

George Clooney. The worst.
Could not have said it better myself. :thankusmile: The guy is ugly looking as hell,him being cast as Bruce Wayne was an insult to Batman fans. I also cant stand Tom cruise,have not seen a movie of his in over a decade at least,not because I think he is a bad actor which he was in his early days,but got better as he got older,but because he is into Scientology.
Tom has come off as a frat boy since he did Risky Business.

Can't stand him.
About the only movie of his I liked was Born on the Fourth of July.there was that other one as well where he played a sumari,that was good,that’s about the only two films of his I can sit through.he has special connections in Hollywood which is why they are allowing him to turn mission impossible into another never ending James Bond franchise.
Again I bring in the Bill Burr quote on plastic surgery.... "why do this?...have you not seen the photos of all the people who had their face fucked up? Why do it? Would you rather be a 52 year old that looks 52, or be a 52 year old that looks like a 28 year old lizard"?

Look at this guy...
3334.jpg

Plastic surgery, no matter good the doc is, no matter how much you paid them... it never works. It always has that weird sheen to it. You have normal wrinkles in areas they can't do... and this weird shiny lizard skin where they did their hatchet job.
And that is what Cruse looks like today. A desperate weirdo trying to look 35 again... it can't be done. But they keep trying anyway cause their egos are bigger than their brains.

Oh yeah... same here. The guy can't act... at all. No idea how he has been in so many movies.
Without Rocky my guess he would have never got beyond TV guest appearances.
For sure Stallone.I lost my respect for him when he made Rocky 4.that was the most unrealisticRocky movie.the thing that always made the previous Rocky films fun to watch was they were realistic.Rocky fighting a superhuman that doesn’t work for a Rocky movie.he would have been killed same as Apollo was.even ivander holyfield who reviewed the films said the same thing,that no human being could take that kind of punishment and live.Stallone should have ended it with Rocky 3 and then go on to Rocky balboa after that.

I did enjoy his last Rambo movie he made.first good one he made sense the original first blood movie.It was very realistic.that’s exactly how they operate down there in Mexico.the police are in the pockets of the cartel just as they portrayed it in the movie.
Stallone is more of a screen personality than a great actor. The personality of his characters vary little from movie to movie. His Rocky character comes through in just about everything he has done.

Plastic surgery, no matter good the doc is, no matter how much you paid them... it never works. It always has that weird sheen to it. You have normal wrinkles in areas they can't do... and this weird shiny lizard skin where they did their hatchet job.
And that is what Cruse looks like today. A desperate weirdo trying to look 35 again... it can't be done. But they keep trying anyway cause their egos are bigger than their brains.
That's the demand again. It's young kids who patronize the movies. They're rebelling against their parents and they don't want to see anyone over 35 on the big screen, because that reminds them of their parents.

Forum List

Back