Insufferable actors/actresses

During a discussion of favorite films and television shows, it quickly became apparent that most people have an actor or actress who is a complete turn-off, and they can't stand any film in which they are featured.

For me, I admit to having more than one. Kevin Costner is such a horrible "actor" that I don't even want to be in the same building where one of his films is being shown. If he is ever in a film with Meryl Streep, I will have to bomb the theater (before any paying customers arrive) to prevent the possibility...

Do any of our other correspondents have similar reactions to famous thespians?
People who CANNOT act their way out of a wet paper bag:

- Anyone from the cast of Friends
- Vin Diesel
- Keanu Reeves
- Guy who played "Jesse" on Breaking Bad. Don't know his name, don't want to know it
- John Travolta

For starters...
Neither could John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Lopez, John Travolta, or Harrison Ford. They had a screen persona that audiences loved but they weren't really great actors. There are some stars that audience loved and were also great actors, such as Tome Hanks, Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Spenser Tracy, Morgan Freeman, James Dean, Paul Neuman, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, and James Stewart. Critics loved them for their acting ability and audience just plain loved them.
I never thought Ray Liotta could act worth a damn. He has two facial expressions and two voice volumes.

OVERactors:

- Ed Harris
- Nick Cage
- Al Pacino (has some great stuff, but clearly needs a strong director to reign him in)
- William Shatner (undisputed king)
- Ben Affleck & Matt Damon
William Shatner showed he was a talented actor in his early TV and movie appearances but he never seem be interested in developing that talent preferring quantity over quality appearance which has made him quite wealthy with a net worth well over hundred million. Besides Star Trek, about the only thing he really did well was his Boston Legal TV series.

OVERactors:

- Ed Harris
- Nick Cage
- Al Pacino (has some great stuff, but clearly needs a strong director to reign him in)
William Shatner showed he was a talented actor in his early TV and movie appearances but he never seem be interested in developing that talent preferring quantity over quality appearance which has made him quite wealthy with a net worth well over hundred million.
One person that has developed into a fine actor is Leo DiCaprio.

OVERactors:

- Ed Harris
- Nick Cage
William Shatner showed he was a talented actor in his early TV and movie appearances but he never seem be interested in developing that talent preferring quantity over quality appearance which has made him quite wealthy with a net worth well over hundred million.
One person that has developed into a fine actor is Leo DiCaprio.
I agree. He has academy award nominations for acting in almost a third of his films. I think he's going to be one of the all time greats.

Last edited:
During a discussion of favorite films and television shows, it quickly became apparent that most people have an actor or actress who is a complete turn-off, and they can't stand any film in which they are featured.

For me, I admit to having more than one. Kevin Costner is such a horrible "actor" that I don't even want to be in the same building where one of his films is being shown. If he is ever in a film with Meryl Streep, I will have to bomb the theater (before any paying customers arrive) to prevent the possibility...

Nicolas cage.

Jane Fonda anyone?
She's is a good actor just like her dad. Actors should be judged based on their acting ability, not their personal life. Acting is about becoming a character which may or may not reflect their own personality and character. Some actors are about the same on screen as off screen such as Meryl Streep, Whoopi Goldberg, John Wayne, Jane Fonda, Robert Mitchum, Billy Murray, Robin Williams, etc. Actors like this have to choose their rolls that match their personality and character. But the best actors are those that can play very diverse characters such as Dustin Hoffman, Charlize Theron, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale, Henry Fonda, Laurence Oliver, James Cagney, Charlie Chaplin, ect..
She is a fucking traitor and I will never EVER watch anything she is in.

People who CANNOT act their way out of a wet paper bag:

- Anyone from the cast of Friends
- Vin Diesel
- Keanu Reeves
- Guy who played "Jesse" on Breaking Bad. Don't know his name, don't want to know it
- John Travolta

For starters...
Neither could John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Lopez, John Travolta, or Harrison Ford. They had a screen persona that audiences loved but they weren't really great actors. There are some stars that audience loved and were also great actors, such as Tome Hanks, Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Spenser Tracy, Morgan Freeman, James Dean, Paul Neuman, Sidney Poitier, Gregory Peck, and James Stewart. Critics loved them for their acting ability and audience just plain loved them.
I dunno. Travolta did excellent in Face Off, pretending to be Nick Cage when the faces were swapped. BOTH of them did so well mimicing each other.

Some are Actors and some are" Movie Stars" Every once in awhile someone will come along that's both.
Remember when actors and actresses could do it all? Sing, dance, perform, act all in the same movie? Or am I showing my age?

More insufferable actors:

- The Rock
- Jean Claude Van Damme
- Natalie Portman
- Kyle McLaughlin
- Winona Ryder
- Anyone from the cast of Saved By the Bell

Two actors that seemed to be developing some chops but fell off the planet:

- Christian Slater
- Emilio Estevez

Samantha Bee, Amy Schumer, Chelsea Handler. I loathe each one although the only....cough...."actress" is Schumer.

All three are bimbos that think they are funny and witty and all three are flat out gross, tacky and disgusting. And NOT because of their politics. They are just flat out nasty.

Samantha Bee, Amy Schumer, Chelsea Handler. I loathe each one although the only....cough...."actress" is Schumer.

All three are bimbos that think they are funny and witty and all three are flat out gross, tacky and disgusting. And NOT because of their politics. They are just flat out nasty.
They reek of self importance. A percentage of people in their industry are the same.

Schumer and Handler both are untalented hacks only working because they have high profile “ friends”. Both are disgusting human garbage...but then that is a prerequisite for working in Hollywood so..

Samantha Bee is yet another foreigner that makes her money trashing America. She really needs to go home and figure out why they have so many unsolved murders of indigenous woman yearly in her country before she comes here with her petty grievances.

Hypocritical greedy bitch that she is.

Forum List

Back