Innocent Until Proven Muslim

I do not want to see innocent until proven Muslim in Australia David Leyonhjelm Comment is free theguardian.com

Please read the piece and offer comment.
Given the disasters of the past, is Australia's move a good idea?

No it is not a good idea. Regardless of against whom it is targeted, it erodes civil liberties for everyone and would be abused in due course.

It seems, not only can the security forces detain pretty much anyone they fancy, they can do what they like to them and will be immune form any potential future legal actions concerning their crimes.
Add the press will be gagged from reporting anything that happens, and you have a police state style of government.

It strikes me as extremely dangerous.

I do not want to see innocent until proven Muslim in Australia David Leyonhjelm Comment is free theguardian.com

Please read the piece and offer comment.
Given the disasters of the past, is Australia's move a good idea?

No it is not a good idea. Regardless of against whom it is targeted, it erodes civil liberties for everyone and would be abused in due course.

It seems, not only can the security forces detain pretty much anyone they fancy, they can do what they like to them and will be immune form any potential future legal actions concerning their crimes.
Add the press will be gagged from reporting anything that happens, and you have a police state style of government.

It strikes me as extremely dangerous.

It does. Perhaps the only difference between it and the ill-conceived and worsely executed USA PATRIOT Act is that reporters generally won' be jailed for reporting on its abuses.

Forum List

Back