Infrastructure, It's Important to Make America Great Again?

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I totally agree that our highways and bridges need to be brought back up to standards. Recent studies have shown so many of our bridges are the borderline or below the borderline as far as safety. But Trump went on and and on about the airports. Is it REALLY that important that our airports look like museums? Does that REALLY affect the safety of Americans and visitors? He mentioned a few countries like China, Quatar, and UAE. Well here is a few pictures of airports there.

f1ed24a4cf95eff1bb7cd2342cd2aa36.jpg
Terminal%203-Beijing-Capital-International-Airport-China.jpg
the-beautiful-hamad-international-airport-in-qatar-f5158x.jpg

Ok they are nice...but if our airports are functional and safe...do we really need to be spending lots of tax dollars on making our airports this nice? Shouldn't the money go towards more important things? This just seems like another luxury thing where Trump shows just how out of touch he is with the middle class.

you want to make America great?

kick Trumps ass back to the curb where it belongs.

I totally agree that our highways and bridges need to be brought back up to standards. Recent studies have shown so many of our bridges are the borderline or below the borderline as far as safety. But Trump went on and and on about the airports. Is it REALLY that important that our airports look like museums? Does that REALLY affect the safety of Americans and visitors? He mentioned a few countries like China, Quatar, and UAE. Well here is a few pictures of airports there.

Ok they are nice...but if our airports are functional and safe...do we really need to be spending lots of tax dollars on making our airports this nice? Shouldn't the money go towards more important things? This just seems like another luxury thing where Trump shows just how out of touch he is with the middle class.
Looks like Trump has a prestige issue.
Years ago I was in Turkey for vacation.

220px-Antalya_Airport_-_International_Terminal_2.JPG

We landed at the golden airport of Antalya like so many tourists. As soon we have left the airport behind the road changed from brand new to near cart track. Our Dolmuş passed dozens of abandoned building skeletons until we reached our destination.

A brand new coast road was in the making, though.

The condition of the infrastructure in the US is no secret:
2013 Report Card for America's Infrastructure

We landed at the golden airport of Antalya like so many tourists. As soon we have left the airport behind the road changed from brand new to near cart track. Our Dolmuş passed dozens of abandoned building skeletons until we reached our destination.

Exactly. It almost reminds me of the "Olympic Curse." So many countries fight so hard to get to host the Olympics each year, so they can fix up their cities. What happens instead? They spend hundreds of millions of dollars for arenas, stadiums, hotels, apartments buildings, etc. only to have a few years later a bunch of empty buildings and venues in disrepair, and be bankrupt. And for what? The prestige of hosting the Olympics for a couple of weeks.

Exactly. It almost reminds me of the "Olympic Curse." So many countries fight so hard to get to host the Olympics each year, so they can fix up their cities. What happens instead? They spend hundreds of millions of dollars for arenas, stadiums, hotels, apartments buildings, etc. only to have a few years later a bunch of empty buildings and venues in disrepair, and be bankrupt. And for what? The prestige of hosting the Olympics for a couple of weeks.
Many people think it is patriotism to play down the country´s problems. But ending up in a road hole is certainly not very patriotic.

Forum List

Back