Incredible - Obama: 'I did not pay a ransom. IRAN paid the ransom!'

So let me see if I have this right. We owned $400 million to Iran. They wanted their $400 million and we'd agreed to give it back to them. But Obama put a condition of the delivery of Iran's money....that Iran return prisoners to the US.

Which Iran did. And republicans have inexplicably called a 'ransom'.

Um.....generally speaking a random doesn't already belong to the people you are paying it to.
It's also important to note that the money was certainly recorded and marked in ways that makes it traceable. Not only is it a fraction of the money we were holding hostage, it is potentially a valuable espionage tool to see who they are giving money to. Of course they know this as well and will not dare giving it to anyone who might make them look bad.

After the bad deal and now paying this ransom, which is what the world witnessed and perceived, Barry is officially Iran's 'bitch', no matter what he says now afterwards.

The world heard what Barry had to say after his hilarious 'Red Line' - 'It's not my 'Red Line' - It's the WORLD'S 'Red Line' ... and they laughed at him.

Now they're watching him try to spin paying the ransom...and they're laughing at him again.

He's right. Obama used Iran's own money to assure the return of the hostages. That was brilliant!

This is why you can't really debate with the left anymore. Their minds have the ability to skew anything into anything they want.

Iran wanted their money back so they took hostages. THey demanded their money back in exchange for hostages which is a ransom.

He's right. Obama used Iran's own money to assure the return of the hostages. That was brilliant!

This is why you can't really debate with the left anymore. Their minds have the ability to skew anything into anything they want.

Iran wanted their money back so they took hostages. THey demanded their money back in exchange for hostages which is a ransom.
iran has held those prisoners for years and been owed the money since 1979. if you think somehow that they arrested those citizens thinking they could exchange them for their cash you're delusional

What IS the legal term associated in using money as leverage [key words] in exchange for a prisoner's release called then . . . . . . ? Can you provide the "proper term" that accurately specifies this particular transaction and situation in its definition?

"This was not MY 'Red Line'...this was the WORLD'S 'Red Line'!

...and the WORLD laughed at his lying ass.

Now Barry realizes NOBOBY is buying his bullshit that the $400 million he handed over to Iran was NOT a ransom...

He realized that Americans (and the world) are not as stupid as he thinks they are. He does, however, still think they are pretty stupid, as evidence by his latest spin on the ransom story:

He now admits the $400 million he gave to Iran WAS a ransom....but he now claims that it was IRAN who paid the ransom!

He claims Iran did not hold the hostages until the mandatory cash ransom was paid...HE claims HE held the mandatory cash payment to Iran until the hostages were released.

:lmao:

They set the cost.
They demanded 'cash only'
They set the location
They set the time

They had nothing to gain by choosing a secret drop in the middle of the night

Negotiating for the release of the hostages, as Barry claims it was, would have been something to brag about...

Even Barry knows this looked like a ransom, smelled like a ransom, and was a ransom. This is why he paid the money SECRETLY and tried to keep it quiet instead of bragging about how he secured the release of these Americans.

No one is buying this spin.

No one is buying this bullshit.

...and NO, as you have learned, if you liked your plan you could NOT keep it.

Obama administration says $400M to Iran was contingent on release of prisoners | Fox News

Wait, I thought it was no ransom?

Slowly, but surely these people are pulling their head from their ass.

Funders of terrorism unite. Next stop? Import them to America.

iran has held those prisoners for years and been owed the money since 1979. if you think somehow that they arrested those citizens thinking they could exchange them for their cash you're delusional

Could Iran have simply released them in good faith, simply to rebuild relations with the United States, after all president Obama had already went through the trouble of pushing a nuclear deal that favors Iran's best interests. Why even REMOTELY associate yourself with any cloud of suspicion surrounding a financial transaction that so happened to have occurred with the release of captive prisoners?

I can still remember the left was all over the possibility of President Reagan getting involved in Iran's affairs, in order to see the release of American hostages. Now liberals want to convince the rest of us that Iran has learned its valuable lesson of the past, and no inner dealings could have possibly ever have taken place. Iran is completely innocent and trustworthy now, is that what you're trying to say? I just want to see you go on record with that last statement.

so Iran traded hostages for money then, instead of us trading money for hostages? Wow, that is soooo different. LOL.

however you want to see it, moron, the administration traded the money for the people. It was a clear condition of this deal, which they have now admitted, after initially completely denying, so you can basically shut the fuck up or keep making yourself look like a fool, it doesn't really matter to me.
you really have a tough time understanding that we owed iran that money and they were getting it, eventually, whether they released the prisoners or not

Bull-oney.

You people have a tough time understanding that by making the cash a bargaining chip they made it part of the deal.

How that is not self-evident to someone who is such a sharpie that they are calling out others for their obtuseness I dunno, but I do know I find that pretty funny.

Then they lied about it, of course. They wouldn't have had to if one of two things had been true:

1. They hadn't made it part of the deal, as they claimed.
2. It didn't matter so there was nothing to conceal.

And now, of course, it doesn't matter to the true believers, who are busy spinning, spinning, spinning.
the 'true believers' as you call them are the ones pretending two things

1) that paying a debt arbitrated at the hague is ransom
2) that using the debt payment as leverage for the return of our citizens is somehow bad

1 - Sure if it had nothing to do with the release of the hostages, except, yeah, it did, despite the lies initially told by the administration.

2- Utterly irrelevant. Good, bad, up, down. Just irrelevant.

It got the hostages released at no cost to us. I marvel at why dopes like you think that's a bad thing.

The Iran-ISIS connection

The US government delivered the money in a form SPECIFIED by Iran, i.e. cash notes, not electronically. This is likely for their Quds force to aid more terrorism which requires physical cash. This money will be used to sponsor more terrorism directed at American citizens.

As the plane with the money landed, the hostages were released.

THAT IS RANSOM!

Forum List

Back