In your opinion, what was the largest mistake made in history?

What consequence are those?
Well, to start with: the senseless loss of 800,000 lives during the Civil War.

And today the thousands of victims every year of sucker punching, robberies, and murder (on the street, in neighborhoods, and even on public transportation).

Would it have?

Can you offer any proof of that?

Religion was one of the organizing principles around which civilizations were founded across the globe...

Without civilization, there is no progress.
what religion was it that founded the Mongol dynasty?

Not being a matriarchal society. I'm sure with women in charge, things would be better
as strange and irrational as men may seem, gearly everything i do is for the females in my family.
Actually it was the Muslims who preserved the works of the Greeks. When they mixed with the Christians of al Andalus those writings made their way into Europe.
that is true. the writings actually preserved by the monks may be items like the "anglo saxon chronicles" local histories in fragmentary form. they do get the credit though.

A world that didn't have religion would have invested trillions to develop the science to stop it. Religion has burned knowledge and killed people throughout history that wanted better and that has set us back tens of thousands of years probably many times.
The catholic monasteries were the only thing that preserved the knowledge of classical Rome and Greece during the dark ages

Roe v. Wade getting overturned!! 240303 {post•7446}

NotfooledbyW said: “With regard to patriot Thomas Paine I will state only the true historical fact that Paine was a peer of our founding generation which fostered a rebellion against a Protestant Christian King of one of the most powerful Christian nations on earth in their day. “ nfbw 240303 Vrvwgo07446

Roe v. Wade getting overturned!! 240304 {post•7447}

DudleySmith said: lol no he was just a hired propagandist, a hired propagandist, a secretary. He was promptly unemployed and forgotten after the British were defeated. ddlysmth 230304 Srvwgo07447 to Vrvwgo07446

In your opinion, what was the largest mistake made in history? 240308 {post •51}​

Just for the record from what Saint Dudley Smith says in post Vrvwgo07446 he thinks the American Revolution was a huge mistake. Without Thomas Paine there is a huge possibility there was no American Revolution.

Last edited:
1970-amc-gremlin.png
No way....The Gremlin X with the 304 CID engine hauled ass!

Nope. Most of the governing has always been handled by the middle class, even at the tribal level.
Unique definition of "middle class". In any case, it does not contradict the premise of forming armies and letting the death cult of armed young taking over power.

Forum List

Back