In the 1940s...

The problem is, if people don't worry about it, then it grows. What those on the left did was use violence and get the message out there. The media has therefore been full of the message that might otherwise have been ignored.

The discussion is out there and kids are seeing this discussion, and it's mostly anti-Nazi.
It doesn't grow unless you believe that most Americans don't believe in freedom, don't hate Nazism or any other form of totalitarian government. This country isn't the white enclave it used to be with 18th and early to mid 19th century mindsets. You worry too much about nothing and using violence to get one's point accross is unlawful, I don't care who does it. Again we are a nation of laws not a nation of mob rule.

I think Trump got elected. I think there are enough Americans out there to make it happen.

Hitler got elected with what, 33% of the vote? 33.09% actually. Trump got 46.1%

How did Hitler go from 33% of the vote to 92% of the vote later that year? He played politics. He stirred things up, he used nationalism, he used bullying, he burned things down.

Yes, it was a different system, and it would be harder for neo-Nazis to take over, but what Hitler did wasn't easy.

Could it happen in the US?

Well, you get someone like Trump, make him a bit more supportive of the neo-Nazis, get a few Congressmen, start making stuff up and get a few Supreme Court justices thrown off the court, put your own people in, you just made it two out of three. What about Congress? Well, you start fiddling with stuff, changing boundaries, preventing a few people from being able to vote here and there and suddenly you've got yourself a nice old majority that can't be damaged in Congress.

Then if you can get enough state legislatures on board, you can change the constitution, unless you got the Supreme Court to change their meaning on what the Constitution means, which has also happened in the past.

The US system is open to abuse because it has been abused, all it takes is someone with the energy and charisma to push it through, and it could happen.
It appears that you believe all or most conservatives are really fascist and racist at heart or am I wrong? :dunno:

It appears does it? How is that? What in what I have written gives you any hint that I think all or most conservatives are racists?
Considering it's only the written word and I can't see your facial inflections and body language (easy to confuse/misinterpret peoples meanings) plus it almost looks like you are possibly comparing Trump with Hitler............ That's why I phrased it the way I did; "here's what it may look like, is that correct or not?" A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Well I a simple yes or no might have sufficed, but then I couldn't see your facial inflections and body language....

Or perhaps you can just take me on what I said. I do try, unless I'm being heavily sarcastic, to get my meaning across as much as possible.

Trump has run his election on emotion and Nationalism. So too did Hitler. However I did say if someone more racist, but doing what Trump has done, then you never really know what you could get. Am I comparing Hitler to Trump? A little. Am I saying Trump is Hitler? No, I'm not. Though I do think Trump is dangerous, Hitler was a completely different matter.

Also, Nazi today isn't Nazi 1935. Today it's not just Nazi Nlan, skin heading, you got peckerwoods and the bajillion different sup groups of those, same with skin heads, then the Klantards. They are disorganized and typically get sent to jail allot so they don't have the ability to organize. That, and the puplic at large get pretty disgusted by folks doing what The black and white power people do.

It doesn't grow unless you believe that most Americans don't believe in freedom, don't hate Nazism or any other form of totalitarian government. This country isn't the white enclave it used to be with 18th and early to mid 19th century mindsets. You worry too much about nothing and using violence to get one's point accross is unlawful, I don't care who does it. Again we are a nation of laws not a nation of mob rule.

I think Trump got elected. I think there are enough Americans out there to make it happen.

How did Hitler go from 33% of the vote to 92% of the vote later that year? He played politics. He stirred things up, he used nationalism, he used bullying, he burned things down.

Yes, it was a different system, and it would be harder for neo-Nazis to take over, but what Hitler did wasn't easy.

Well, you get someone like Trump, make him a bit more supportive of the neo-Nazis, get a few Congressmen, start making stuff up and get a few Supreme Court justices thrown off the court, put your own people in, you just made it two out of three. What about Congress? Well, you start fiddling with stuff, changing boundaries, preventing a few people from being able to vote here and there and suddenly you've got yourself a nice old majority that can't be damaged in Congress.

Then if you can get enough state legislatures on board, you can change the constitution, unless you got the Supreme Court to change their meaning on what the Constitution means, which has also happened in the past.

The US system is open to abuse because it has been abused, all it takes is someone with the energy and charisma to push it through, and it could happen.
It appears that you believe all or most conservatives are really fascist and racist at heart or am I wrong? :dunno:

It appears does it? How is that? What in what I have written gives you any hint that I think all or most conservatives are racists?
Considering it's only the written word and I can't see your facial inflections and body language (easy to confuse/misinterpret peoples meanings) plus it almost looks like you are possibly comparing Trump with Hitler............ That's why I phrased it the way I did; "here's what it may look like, is that correct or not?" A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Well I a simple yes or no might have sufficed, but then I couldn't see your facial inflections and body language....

Or perhaps you can just take me on what I said. I do try, unless I'm being heavily sarcastic, to get my meaning across as much as possible.

Trump has run his election on emotion and Nationalism. So too did Hitler. However I did say if someone more racist, but doing what Trump has done, then you never really know what you could get. Am I comparing Hitler to Trump? A little. Am I saying Trump is Hitler? No, I'm not. Though I do think Trump is dangerous, Hitler was a completely different matter.
Ninety percent of ALL politics is emotive, all one has to do is pay close attention to the advertising, pundits and debates to figure that one out so of course Trump won on emotion. As for nationalism not all nationalistic movements are the same or have the same outcome, again the US is not early 1900s Germany in mindset or culture (that's the key) nor has been hit the worse by the Great Recession like Germany was in the Great Depression with similar existing political upheaval on all sides.
Is the scenario you laid out possible? Yes. Is it probable anywhere in our lifetime? No. We as a people would have to undergo a fundamental change in culture and mindset overnight for that to happen and fundamental changes in culture take generations to occur.

Ninety percent of ALL politics is emotive, all one has to do is pay close attention to the advertising, pundits and debates to figure that one out so of course Trump won on emotion. As for nationalism not all nationalistic movements are the same or have the same outcome, again the US is not early 1900s Germany in mindset or culture (that's the key) nor has been hit the worse by the Great Recession like Germany was in the Great Depression with similar existing political upheaval on all sides.
Is the scenario you laid out possible? Yes. Is it probable anywhere in our lifetime? No. We as a people would have to undergo a fundamental change in culture and mindset overnight for that to happen and fundamental changes in culture take generations to occur.

Toss on all the stuff from WW1 and a public that felt they were hosed by their government with no jobs or jobs that really did nothing but keep you busy. Pretty much made it just as you said.

In the 1940s the US went to war to fight people who shouted down Jews, who marched through the streets with Swastikas, Nazis essentially. And they made memorials for people who would stand up to such intolerance with a gun in their hand and shoot that those fucking Nazis.

800px-Aerial_view_of_National_World_War_II_Memorial.jpg

Here's one.

Now if you stand up and use violence against people who believe almost the same thing, what does the right say? Well, probably what the right said before WW2.

American supporters of the European Fascists

"Hitler is recognized by the whole of the political and official intelligentsia as an exceedingly able man. As of the militarist question: One may say with complete certainty that what Hitler said in his Reichstag speech on May 17 was exactly what he meant and accurately represents the policy that he will pursue."
Try that with out the logical fallacy next time. Think about it before you respond. Is the US now or ever been Germany in mindset and culture? Are the neo-nazis in this country marching into other countries and taking over? Are the neo-nazis in this country a small, loud but insignificant fringe group? (I'll answer that for you, yes they are). Are we a country of laws or just mob rule?

The point isn't whether they're marching into other countries and taking over. The Nazis in the 1920s weren't marching into other countries and taking over. They wanted to, but they didn't have the power to do so. It required effort. The conditions were right for such a thing by the late 1930s, they needed to get power, they got that.

In the US what do the Nazis want? Just because they can't get it, doesn't mean they don't want this.
Never said they didn't which means you completely missed the point. You're worried about a fringe element in this country who's heyday is thankfully long past, not growing. Of course confronting them especially with violence gives them the national attention they crave, a self validation they attempt to employ as propaganda. So if you want to strengthen their propaganda and national attention then by all means go ahead and clash with them, if you want to marginalize them even more then let them have their rallies and ignore them, they will then become a mere postscript on local news reports.
They do not have the sway in this country (nor never will at this stage in our history) that the Nazis ultimately had in Germany, we're not Germans and we don't think like the Germans of the 20s, 30s and 40s. The vast majority of Americans despise at least their message of hate and are not looking for racial scapegoats though some are obviously looking for political scapegoats.

The problem is, if people don't worry about it, then it grows. What those on the left did was use violence and get the message out there. The media has therefore been full of the message that might otherwise have been ignored.

The discussion is out there and kids are seeing this discussion, and it's mostly anti-Nazi.

If people don't worry about it, it grows? That is like a recipe for running around frantic about problems that most likely will never actually be serious.

Even if true, how does gathering another violent group of protesters on the streets to fight them really make the problem better?

These guys aren't the problem. Just symptoms of the problem. Stop worrying about them and letting fear and anger chase wisdom away.

Toss on all the stuff from WW1 and a public that felt they were hosed by their government with no jobs or jobs that really did nothing but keep you busy. Pretty much made it just as you said.
The situation, development of the national culture in Germany that lead to the rise of Hitler started at least a hundred years before he was born. The area known today as Germany has had a long history of periods where Jews were tolerated followed by periods of persecution.
In our country Jews weren't persecuted so much as ostracized, even the wealthiest Jews were not allowed in some clubs/circles reserved for the rich and our modern scapegoats are more politics related, left vs right.

In the 1940s the US went to war to fight people who shouted down Jews, who marched through the streets with Swastikas, Nazis essentially. And they made memorials for people who would stand up to such intolerance with a gun in their hand and shoot that those fucking Nazis.

Here's one.

Now if you stand up and use violence against people who believe almost the same thing, what does the right say? Well, probably what the right said before WW2.

"Hitler is recognized by the whole of the political and official intelligentsia as an exceedingly able man. As of the militarist question: One may say with complete certainty that what Hitler said in his Reichstag speech on May 17 was exactly what he meant and accurately represents the policy that he will pursue."
In 1941 when the USA went to war it was because (1) Japan attacked Hawaii and (2) because Adolf declared war on the US declaring war on Japan.

Had nothing to do with Jews.

Nor freedom.

It was all about revenge.

Self defense isn't revenge

The situation, development of the national culture in Germany that lead to the rise of Hitler started at least a hundred years before he was born. The area known today as Germany has had a long history of periods where Jews were tolerated followed by periods of persecution.
In our country Jews weren't persecuted so much as ostracized, even the wealthiest Jews were not allowed in some clubs/circles reserved for the rich and our modern scapegoats are more politics related, left vs right.

Its very cool stuff. Not what happened of course. I'm assuming you are a history buff. I'm thinking you own lots of books. Did you see the thing on history about Hitler before he did his thing? He was a pretty normal dude. It was pretty good at getting all the info in an hour long show. Kind of a "hitler for dummy's " thing". I'm 97% confident it would not happen again.

Well I'm not sure whether it's 90% or however much. The reality is, yes, Trump won on being emotive and saying whatever people wanted to hear.

No, not all nationalistic movements are the same. What I'm saying is that in the US it is possible, I didn't say it would happen.

So let's get this right, Neo-Nazis today are bad, well because the Nazis were bad.

But the DNC is good even though they were the one that actually put blacks in chains, and started a war that killed more then any other war. Wow that is some perverse logic.

Well I'm not sure whether it's 90% or however much. The reality is, yes, Trump won on being emotive and saying whatever people wanted to hear.

No, not all nationalistic movements are the same. What I'm saying is that in the US it is possible, I didn't say it would happen.
Once again, for the umpteenth time, Trump won for one reason and her name is Hillary.

Here's one.

Try that with out the logical fallacy next time. Think about it before you respond. Is the US now or ever been Germany in mindset and culture? Are the neo-nazis in this country marching into other countries and taking over? Are the neo-nazis in this country a small, loud but insignificant fringe group? (I'll answer that for you, yes they are). Are we a country of laws or just mob rule?

The point isn't whether they're marching into other countries and taking over. The Nazis in the 1920s weren't marching into other countries and taking over. They wanted to, but they didn't have the power to do so. It required effort. The conditions were right for such a thing by the late 1930s, they needed to get power, they got that.

In the US what do the Nazis want? Just because they can't get it, doesn't mean they don't want this.
Never said they didn't which means you completely missed the point. You're worried about a fringe element in this country who's heyday is thankfully long past, not growing. Of course confronting them especially with violence gives them the national attention they crave, a self validation they attempt to employ as propaganda. So if you want to strengthen their propaganda and national attention then by all means go ahead and clash with them, if you want to marginalize them even more then let them have their rallies and ignore them, they will then become a mere postscript on local news reports.
They do not have the sway in this country (nor never will at this stage in our history) that the Nazis ultimately had in Germany, we're not Germans and we don't think like the Germans of the 20s, 30s and 40s. The vast majority of Americans despise at least their message of hate and are not looking for racial scapegoats though some are obviously looking for political scapegoats.

If people don't worry about it, it grows? That is like a recipe for running around frantic about problems that most likely will never actually be serious.

Even if true, how does gathering another violent group of protesters on the streets to fight them really make the problem better?

These guys aren't the problem. Just symptoms of the problem. Stop worrying about them and letting fear and anger chase wisdom away.

But why aren't they a problem? Could it be because the media and others have managed to keep them in check. They're certainly become a little bolder since Trump became president, that's for sure. But they're still being kept in check.

Now, your solution is to wait for them to become a big problem, and then try and deal with it. Oh, great.

Once again, for the umpteenth time, Trump won for one reason and her name is Hillary.

No, I disagree. You can have whatever opinion you like and you can say it for the umpteenth time, but the umpteenth times doesn't make it correct.

Its very cool stuff. Not what happened of course. I'm assuming you are a history buff. I'm thinking you own lots of books. Did you see the thing on history about Hitler before he did his thing? He was a pretty normal dude. It was pretty good at getting all the info in an hour long show. Kind of a "hitler for dummy's " thing". I'm 97% confident it would not happen again.
I'm not just a history buff I have degrees in History, Sociology and Cultural Anthropology with minors in Psychology and Art. I have throughout my entire life studied and continue to study the human condition. Could a Hitleresque situation arise here? Of course it could but not in any of our lifetimes. The same with any Stalinesque construct here, it could happen but not in our lifetime.

No, I disagree. You can have whatever opinion you like and you can say it for the umpteenth time, but the umpteenth times doesn't make it correct.
Did you vote for Trump? I did, so I would think I would know more then you, no, I know I know more then you.

I know it would not happen anytime soon but none of us are prophets/seers so we have no idea what the future will bring. Oh we can make generalized predictions based on past history and cultural understanding but nothing definite. Looking at your OP you appear to be saying it's imminent if we don't do something now and that it's okay to use violence as a first resort to prevent that from happening. If it was imminent I would agree with using violence but it's not even close.

I'm not just a history buff I have degrees in History, Sociology and Cultural Anthropology with minors in Psychology and Art. I have throughout my entire life studied and continue to study the human condition. Could a Hitleresque situation arise here? Of course it could but not in any of our lifetimes. The same with any Stalinesque construct here, it could happen but not in our lifetime.

I figured as much.

Did you vote for Trump? I did, so I would think I would know more then you, no, I know I know more then you.

Oh, oh, I love this argument. One of my favorites. Because you voted for Trump, therefore you know EVERYTHING about EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TRUMP VOTER in the USA. Wow.

Based on this, a person who wasn't in WW2 wouldn't know shit about WW2, if you fired a bullet at a German on D-Day, you'd know all about Iwo Jima, more so that the best historians out there. Yeah, that's your fucking crap argument.

Here's one.

i disagree with you here but id,fight for your right to feel this way.

thats possible too, ya,know.

Forum List

Back