In Major News: Republican Party-Leader McConnell says "I will Support Garland for AG"

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
The most powerful GOP member has said he will fight to get Garland nominated. Thank you McConnell. He is not wanting to talk much about it though, as he is still a bit nervous about his voting base. This comes after nominee Garland vowed he would "hunt" Insurrectionists, right-wing militias, and supporters of the January 6th riot.

McConnell to support Garland for attorney general

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will support Merrick Garland’s nomination for attorney general, five years after blocking the judge's path to the Supreme Court.

“I do,” McConnell told POLITICO Tuesday afternoon when asked if he plans to back Garland. The Kentucky Republican did not elaborate when asked about his decision.

The most powerful GOP member has said he will fight to get Garland nominated. Thank you McConnell. He is not wanting to talk much about it though, as he is still a bit nervous about his voting base. This comes after nominee Garland vowed he would "hunt" Insurrectionists, right-wing militias, and supporters of the January 6th riot.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will support Merrick Garland’s nomination for attorney general, five years after blocking the judge's path to the Supreme Court.

“I do,” McConnell told POLITICO Tuesday afternoon when asked if he plans to back Garland. The Kentucky Republican did not elaborate when asked about his decision.
The Trumpsters will be attacking him, of course.

Their thought processes are damn near completely binary at this point.

Extreme-Irony.gif

I see this as a bit of a McCain type of issue. Trump calls McConnell names and Mitch see's Garland as the person to put Trump in his place.

You only need a simple majority now to confirm cabinet nominees instead of the 60 it used to be Democrats have the tie breaker with Harris and no Democrats will vote against Garland. If you have control of the Presidency and the Senate getting someone confirmed is as close to a sure thing as it gets.

McConnell kisses the ass of whoever is in the WH. This is just more of him trying to cozy up to Biden. I mean....................he voted not to impeach Trump, but then went and gave a speech about how bad Trump's actions were. If Trump had been re-elected, McConnell would have never made that speech.

McConnell talks out both sides of his mouth.

McConnell kisses the ass of whoever is in the WH. This is just more of him trying to cozy up to Biden. I mean....................he voted not to impeach Trump, but then went and gave a speech about how bad Trump's actions were. If Trump had been re-elected, McConnell would have never made that speech.

He said the same things the senators said in the belknap trial. Everyone knew he was guilty but enough people didnt think they had the authority to convict a civilian.
That ounce of integrity that fool showed is rare these days.

Was he kissing Obama's ass when he refused to have a hearing on Garland for the Supreme Court?

Was he kissing Obama's ass when he refused to have a hearing on Garland for the Supreme Court?
He didnt have to kiss obamas ass at that point

He doesn't have to now either. Garland get confirmed without him. As I said, I think this is directed at Trump.

Who knew McConnell would support Garland.

Wonders will never cease...

He doesn't have to now either. Garland get confirmed without him. As I said, I think this is directed at Trump.

If it is directed at Trump, that only PROVES that McConnell is a spineless coward. But, we already knew that when he voted to not impeach but then followed up his vote with a blistering speech about Trump (knowing he wasn't going to come back to the WH).

If it is directed at Trump, that only PROVES that McConnell is a spineless coward. But, we already knew that when he voted to not impeach but then followed up his vote with a blistering speech about Trump (knowing he wasn't going to come back to the WH).
And AGAIN, he didnt vote to convict because he DOESNT HAVE THE AUTHORITY.
And you moronic leftists wonder why i call you all authoritarians. Geezus

And AGAIN, he didnt vote to convict because he DOESNT HAVE THE AUTHORITY.
And you moronic leftists wonder why i call you all authoritarians. Geezus

EVERY Senator had a vote to convict or acquit. One Senator, one vote. McConnell was just too much of a pansy to vote what he knew was right. But, he tried to make up for it by castigating Trump after the vote in the speech he made. Sorry, but them's the facts.

Forum List

Back