In a World of Real Evil, the Left Fights Fake Evil

i never said he did.

i asked why you get to decide for us all what is appropriate.

So you are going to keep avoiding the question then? I totally understand, man.
you asked why i felt we needed that statue.
i said i don't.

you don't want to accept my answer so you can keep blaming me. so i've answered your question yet you have failed time and again with the exception of reciting your stellar morals in 1 post as to why YOU feel YOU should decide what THE COUNTRY wishes to have.

you ever gonna give a good reason other than you are just that special? or is that honestly how you feel? keep in mind if "i feel special" is our criteria for right and wrong, i'm going to use it too. so whatever you tell me better be something you agree is a tactic we can both use to be on the same playing field, right?

back to you.

did my sticking to the same question over and over and over for you make you lose interest and go away?

No, I actually have better stuff to do most of the time.

you're assuming my answers because i'm going after the entire issue to me, not some random subset you want to highlight as the issue itself. in the end, i don't give a flying horse turd who has a statue where. but i *do care* there's a segment of our population that seems to think how THEY feel is more important and "morally correct" than anyone who would dare to disagree with them and to date your only real answer to this question is was "because i'm right and you're wrong" which i'm pretty fucking sure you'd never let ME get away with in a discussion, yet it's all you have.

Uh, guy, the thing is, BOTH sides do that. I remember when the right wanted to shut down the whole fucking NEA because some jackass put a crucifix in a jar of piss.

My view, the reason why it's important is that it is ALWAYS a case by case basis.

So when something is getting a government grant or is in a public park then it really is open for discussion about whether or not it is appropriate. I ask you the question you keep avoiding, why is it cool to p ut a big old statue of the founder of the KKK in the middle of a city that is 65% African American? Do we want to put a statue of Hitler in Skokie, and say, "Who are you to decide for the rest of us?" or some such nonsense.

Um. Yeah. Common decency says that statue needs to come down.

and you are MOST DEFINITELY still about to go there and tell me "just because" and in a time of fake vs. real evil, i view those actions as a "real evil" to a fake problem. in the end your morals are not any better than the of ours and a simple disagreement doesn't instantly put YOU on the side of righteousness.

Um, yeah, actually my values are because I don't think a guy who started a racist hate group that is STILL committing terrorist acts 150 years later deserves a fucking statue. I'm not sure why you do.

Probably because once everyone agrees he doesn't, then you'd have to do a lot of soul searching about other things you value, and we can't have that.

you ever gonna give a good reason other than you are just that special? or is that honestly how you feel? keep in mind if "i feel special" is our criteria for right and wrong, i'm going to use it too. so whatever you tell me better be something you agree is a tactic we can both use to be on the same playing field, right?

I've already told you my reasons... a racist who started a hate group doesn't deserve a statue.

So other than your tiresome, "Waaaahhhhh, ma, that dang Yankee is picking on our southern pride!" you really can't justify why we are keeping up statues of assholes that were initially meant to intimidate black folks. (Nobody put statues up of these people at the time, that was done later.)

Saipov, thousands of Jihad videos; FBI meh
Manafort, one document at home, FBI predawn Raid

I've already told you my reasons... a racist who started a hate group doesn't deserve a statue.

So other than your tiresome, "Waaaahhhhh, ma, that dang Yankee is picking on our southern pride!" you really can't justify why we are keeping up statues of assholes that were initially meant to intimidate black folks. (Nobody put statues up of these people at the time, that was done later.)
No Robert Byrd buildings?

It’s sad that the left spends so much time trying to destroy America and traditional American values when there is so much real evil in the world...
The problem, however, is that people want to feel morally good about themselves, and no one wants this more than the left. It has written the proverbial book on moral self-esteem. Therefore, it does not merely believe that it is morally superior to all others; it knows it is.
The unearned arrogance is fine. The real tragedy lies in that they attack weakness while cowering to where the real danger exists...
But to feel good about yourself, you have to fight against something bad. Since the left doesn’t fight real evil (that would take moral courage in addition to moral clarity), it has to fight lesser evils or made-up evils.
In a World of Real Evil, the Left Fights Fake Evil

The left, the democrats, are real evil.

Really? Seems to me that the Pubes ran on repealing Obamacare, and even voted to do it under Obama knowing he would veto it.

However, the inexplicably happened, Trump was elected and wanted to sing the repeal, so the Pubes changed their minds all of a sudden.

Now both parties lie in wait to impeach him.

did my sticking to the same question over and over and over for you make you lose interest and go away?

No, I actually have better stuff to do most of the time.

you're assuming my answers because i'm going after the entire issue to me, not some random subset you want to highlight as the issue itself. in the end, i don't give a flying horse turd who has a statue where. but i *do care* there's a segment of our population that seems to think how THEY feel is more important and "morally correct" than anyone who would dare to disagree with them and to date your only real answer to this question is was "because i'm right and you're wrong" which i'm pretty fucking sure you'd never let ME get away with in a discussion, yet it's all you have.

Uh, guy, the thing is, BOTH sides do that. I remember when the right wanted to shut down the whole fucking NEA because some jackass put a crucifix in a jar of piss.

My view, the reason why it's important is that it is ALWAYS a case by case basis.

So when something is getting a government grant or is in a public park then it really is open for discussion about whether or not it is appropriate. I ask you the question you keep avoiding, why is it cool to p ut a big old statue of the founder of the KKK in the middle of a city that is 65% African American? Do we want to put a statue of Hitler in Skokie, and say, "Who are you to decide for the rest of us?" or some such nonsense.

Um. Yeah. Common decency says that statue needs to come down.

and you are MOST DEFINITELY still about to go there and tell me "just because" and in a time of fake vs. real evil, i view those actions as a "real evil" to a fake problem. in the end your morals are not any better than the of ours and a simple disagreement doesn't instantly put YOU on the side of righteousness.

Um, yeah, actually my values are because I don't think a guy who started a racist hate group that is STILL committing terrorist acts 150 years later deserves a fucking statue. I'm not sure why you do.

Probably because once everyone agrees he doesn't, then you'd have to do a lot of soul searching about other things you value, and we can't have that.
i didn't say both sides didn't. but you do keep vibrating around like someone shoved a roll of quarters up your ass.

at this point we're just bickering back and forth and while i have plainly answered your questions, you continue to mischaracterize them for your own convenience. you want to stomp your foot and cry out I'm RIGHT I FEELZ IT and get upset when someone counters.

like most kids do.

later.

After some time, Forrest decided to issue KKK Order Number One, disbanding the Klan. Later in life, his racial attitudes would evolve, not too long before he died in Memphis, Tennessee, on October 29, 1877.

wow. disbanded it? seems like he denounced it also.

something tells me this will be "different" however.

Well, um, yeah... disbanding a group after the Federal Government dispatches troops and they were likely to arrest your ass if you didn't is hardly "enlightened".

After some time, Forrest decided to issue KKK Order Number One, disbanding the Klan. Later in life, his racial attitudes would evolve, not too long before he died in Memphis, Tennessee, on October 29, 1877.

wow. disbanded it? seems like he denounced it also.

something tells me this will be "different" however.

Well, um, yeah... disbanding a group after the Federal Government dispatches troops and they were likely to arrest your ass if you didn't is hardly "enlightened".
couldn't tell you really. never cared that much about him.

and since you're being a neo-maxie dickhead with the smug crap - i'm out. i know full well if i just said "i'm smarter than you!" it would never be a determining factor for you in our discussions so you're a dancing fool to think i'll go with it.

later on.

couldn't tell you really. never cared that much about him.

and since you're being a neo-maxie dickhead with the smug crap - i'm out. i know full well if i just said "i'm smarter than you!" it would never be a determining factor for you in our discussions so you're a dancing fool to think i'll go with it.

well, of course you care, you seem to think it's just horrible us mean old Yankees done want to take down your statue of your hero! Because we are mean, not because he was a horrible person who doesn't deserve a statue.

Everybody's favorite moral busybody, Dennis Prager.

Hey, you kn ow what's immoral. We are the richest country in the world and children still go to bed hungry at night or can't see a doctor, and our biggest debate is how much of a tax break are we going to give to Billionaires this time.

You know, like Jesus would do.
Make up your mind we either have the fattest kids in the world or they're going hungry

So we have the fattest most hungry kids on the planet.

Yes, American kids are one huge hive mind like the Borg...

Fucking idiot.

We have the most diametrically opposed problems that ever existed

With all the handouts we give away in this country if a kid is hungry it's because the parent(s) are at fault so put the parents in prison and the kids in a foster home

We have the most diametrically opposed problems that ever existed

With all the handouts we give away in this country if a kid is hungry it's because the parent(s) are at fault so put the parents in prison and the kids in a foster home

Except we don't give out that many handouts. Or do you really think you can feed a family of four on $80.00 a week.

Forum List

Back