In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

You clearly made the argument that the fiel sanctions in Russia (into which we "forced" our allies) have caused economic pain for Americans, via gas prices at the pump.

Several times, as I recall.

So, are these sanctions fine, or are they not?

Stay slippery, friend.
You are of course a blithering retard.

Read slowly.

Roosevelt put restrictions on the US economy and consumers like no one can imagine today but the country pulled together and tolerated it because he went directly to the public and explained that supporting the war effort was going to require shared sacrifices by all.

Instead of doing the same, Biden wants to blame shift and demonize the petroleum manufacturers and refiners.

I saw a working class ad on craigslist today, a guy is selling his work truck because he can't afford Biden gas.
Gas or Diesel?

A lot of diesel trucks are getting parked right now. Actually it's a great time to buy a diesel truck if you don't have to drive it much in the near future.

It was a gas truck but yes diesel is worse here on the left coast. I paid $5.39 a gallon for Biden gas the last time I filled up here. :oops:
We're up over 4.00/gal now and I live in two oil producing counties with refineries a stone's throw away.

When I'm in my digs at Big Bend, it's a 110 mil round trip to the nearest grocery store and 240 miles round trip to a Sam's Club or Lowe's.

We'll definitely be curtailing our "Trips to town" a bit for the foreseeable future.

The folks that are really taking a bite are all the Yuppies living off grid that have a four or five hour ride even into our small town of 500. Water deliveries have gone up 300% in the last three months because of the fuel expense for some of them and they have to truck in 4,000-6,000 gallons at a time.

We're exporting large amounts of Kerosene, Diesel, and gasoline to make up for the losses due to the sanctions our gov't pushed our allies to put in place and enforce.
WTF?
That's like saying "I have to leave an hour early from work, to make up for being an hour late to work".

Biden didn't put sanctions on our allies.
When you shut off the flow of Russian oil to refineries, guess what?
The US can't shut off the flow of Russian oil to Russian refineries.
They can't keep producing up to capacity.
So, we aren't accepting Russian oil.
Instead of attacking the companies here in the US that are trying to make up for that shortfall democrats
That's because they attacked him, with lies

The American Petroleum Institute
This is a distraction from the fundamental market shift that is taking place and the ill-advised government decisions that are exacerbating this challenging situation. Demand has returned as the economy comes back and is outpacing supply. Further impacting the imbalance is the continued decision from the administration to restrict access to America’s energy supply and cancel important infrastructure projects.

Keystone?
Not one drop of oil flowed through that pipeline, which is only 10% completed.

"Restrict access"?
Where?

"It’s simply not true that my administration or policies are holding back domestic energy production," Biden said March 8 in a speech announcing a U.S. ban on Russian oil imports. Biden said that companies pumped more oil in the U.S. during his first year in office than during his predecessor’s first year and that we were on track for record oil production next year. Then Biden pivoted to point the finger at the industry:

"In the United States, 90% of onshore oil production takes place on land that isn’t owned by the federal government. And of the remaining 10% that occurs on federal land, the oil and gas industry has millions of acres leased," Biden said. "They have 9,000 permits to drill now. They could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year. They have 9,000 to drill onshore that are already approved."

The U.S. has more than 24 million acres under lease to oil and gas companies onshore — close to half are not producing.

Let alone the 90% oil leases/permits on US land the US government doesn't control.

just need to be honest with the public and explain what's going on and ask us to join together with the rest of the industrialized world to defeat Russia.
He did.
Roosevelt put restrictions on the US economy and consumers like no one can imagine today
Really like what?

The great depression started in 1929, Roosevelt didn't take office until 1933.

but the country pulled together and tolerated it
Tolerated what?

because he went directly to the public and explained that supporting the war effort was going to require shared sacrifices by all.
That's what Biden did, as did others.

Instead of doing the same, Biden wants to blame shift and demonize the petroleum manufacturers and refiners.
So, they have everything they need to produce oil, why aren't they?

Instead, the profit rose, on oil already delivered.

Gas prices had steadily been on the rise since before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Much of that has been due to slow economic recovery following profoundly disruptive pandemic-era supply and demand changes. But gas prices quickly shot up when war broke out between the countries on Feb. 24. Global crude oil prices jumped to more than $100 a barrel, hitting their highest levels since 2008.

The American Automobile Association announced March 7, a day after Price’s tweet, that the higher oil prices caused the average price for a gallon of gas in the U.S. to reach $4.06 — a price jump of 45 cents compared to the previous week and 62 cents from the previous month. The next day, it went to $4.17 per gallon.

How is the fact gas is more expensive in other countries in any way relevant to the discussion of how it is affecting people in the US?
I didn't say it was. This is you being narrow and lazy again. It is more relevant to the idea that the US president doesn't personally cause global fuel prices. Which I think, with a minimum of effort and without being so rabid, you probably could have deduced from my comments about correlation vs. causation.

You are of course a blithering retard.

Read slowly.
Cute whining.

Nevertheless, you clearly blamed our fuel prices on Russian fuel sanctions.

So I am trying to drag you to the next point, like trying to take a 3 year old home off the playground.

So, you don't like what we are doing now, but also say the industrial west should align to defeat Putin.

So, he next big boy question would be: And do what, then?

And...go. Let's hear the big boy answer.

WTF?
That's like saying "I have to leave an hour early from work, to make up for being an hour late to work".

Biden didn't put sanctions on our allies.

The US can't shut off the flow of Russian oil to Russian refineries.

So, we aren't accepting Russian oil.

That's because they attacked him, with lies

The American Petroleum Institute
This is a distraction from the fundamental market shift that is taking place and the ill-advised government decisions that are exacerbating this challenging situation. Demand has returned as the economy comes back and is outpacing supply. Further impacting the imbalance is the continued decision from the administration to restrict access to America’s energy supply and cancel important infrastructure projects.

Keystone?
Not one drop of oil flowed through that pipeline, which is only 10% completed.

"Restrict access"?
Where?

"It’s simply not true that my administration or policies are holding back domestic energy production," Biden said March 8 in a speech announcing a U.S. ban on Russian oil imports. Biden said that companies pumped more oil in the U.S. during his first year in office than during his predecessor’s first year and that we were on track for record oil production next year. Then Biden pivoted to point the finger at the industry:

"In the United States, 90% of onshore oil production takes place on land that isn’t owned by the federal government. And of the remaining 10% that occurs on federal land, the oil and gas industry has millions of acres leased," Biden said. "They have 9,000 permits to drill now. They could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year. They have 9,000 to drill onshore that are already approved."

The U.S. has more than 24 million acres under lease to oil and gas companies onshore — close to half are not producing.

Let alone the 90% oil leases/permits on US land the US government doesn't control.

He did.

Really like what?

The great depression started in 1929, Roosevelt didn't take office until 1933.

Tolerated what?

That's what Biden did, as did others.

So, they have everything they need to produce oil, why aren't they?

Instead, the profit rose, on oil already delivered.

Gas prices had steadily been on the rise since before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Much of that has been due to slow economic recovery following profoundly disruptive pandemic-era supply and demand changes. But gas prices quickly shot up when war broke out between the countries on Feb. 24. Global crude oil prices jumped to more than $100 a barrel, hitting their highest levels since 2008.

The American Automobile Association announced March 7, a day after Price’s tweet, that the higher oil prices caused the average price for a gallon of gas in the U.S. to reach $4.06 — a price jump of 45 cents compared to the previous week and 62 cents from the previous month. The next day, it went to $4.17 per gallon.

That's a whole lot of drivel to cover up for the fact you can't or don't read.

Read slowly.

Roosevelt put restrictions on the US economy and consumers like no one can imagine today but the country pulled together and tolerated it because he went directly to the public and explained that supporting the war effort was going to require shared sacrifices by all.

The arctic and off shore formations are the richest, most productive and most profitable in the nation and he's cut off new exploration and drilling across the board.

Oil wells are not like your tapwater, they don't continue producing at the same rate forever because just like a balloon or pressure cooker when you release the pressure the flow rate continually dwindles.

After an initial period that varies with each type of formation you also reach a point eventually where production reduces even further as recharge time for the "pool" around the pump drops as well.

We have no on shore formations in the CONUS that produce at anything near the rate we get from the North Slope in AK or offshore around the CONUS.

Stop talking out of your ass.

We and I in particular said nothing about Russian Refinery output, we're discussing Europe's dependence on Russian oil to feed their refineries which as I said are running well below capacity because of the sanctions, particularly the sanctions on Russian oil.

The industry insiders aren’t the only arbiters of truth. Everyone can see that crude prices have dropped for some time and prices have not despite record high 1st qtr earnings.
That would be due to the fact demand for the available refined produces has increased at a rate far outpacing the supply.

Oil prices are a big factor in the price of refined products but so is pressure on the market for those refined products.

Anytime a commodity is in short supply relative to demand the price is going to go up proportionately to the difference in production and demand.

Forum List

Back