Improve with a hula hoop

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth

Keeping it up around your waist or hips could help to keep up a smart appearance and a positive mind, which are essential for any workout.

Last edited by a moderator:
And its a lot harder than it was when we were kids.

No, not that.

I mean hula-hooping is ore difficult than in our lithe youth.

But worth it.

Good thing I'm in great shape or I might have suffered a heart attack watching that. BTW, where was the hula-hoop? I must have missed it.

No, not that.

But worth it.

I am tempted now to really buy a hula hoop and try embarrassing myself again. It would be like living a second childhood. :tongue:

My Firefox refused to play this video, so I read the tread first then actually watched the video in another browser. Alarms went off when it asked to confirm I am adult but I was curious. I thought you were talking about real exercise...lol

My Firefox refused to play this video, so I read the tread first then actually watched the video in another browser. Alarms went off when it asked to confirm I am adult but I was curious. I thought you were talking about real exercise...lol

Anything that MOVES to move a person at a constant pace and gets them off the perverbial fat ass is REAL exercise.

Anything that MOVES to move a person at a constant pace and gets them off the perverbial fat ass is REAL exercise.

I think anyone who watched that video knows what I meant to say.

I think anyone who watched that video knows what I meant to say.

I have exercised a lot for 25 years and know perfectly well that during periods when you do not feel like exercising or have an injury, anything, even housework is a blessing.

A hula hoop would be good for someone older than that gal, she has the ability to move a lot more than that. She should until she can't anymore.

There was a great Leslie Stahl segment on 60 minutes dealing with people over 90. They suggest to exercise 45 minutes a day whether it it broken up or not, 10 or 15 minutes at a time is good. You should be a little overweight when you're in your 90s and your BP should be a little higher rather than lower. So interesting to watch.

Living to 90 and beyond - CBS News

The physics of it are interesting. She could move it even around her thighs, where the curves are curving the wrong way and would seem to be forcing it to the ground. That confused me at first, but eventually I saw she was squatting a bit, which made the front of her thighs have an up-pointing facing, which could be used to keep the hoop up.

So, I suppose someone without a waist-slimmer-than-hips can hula, but they'll have to bend back or forward a bit, so that some part of their midsection can give the hoop the upward boost. I'll have to try it. When nobody's watching, as hula has reputation as being a bit less than masculine.

No, not that.

But worth it.

I am tempted now to really buy a hula hoop and try embarrassing myself again. It would be like living a second childhood. :tongue:

I actually have one in my house! I am a GREAT hula hooper! We even had a contest at church (50's theme) and they asked people to come up and compete (but I came in 2nd) :(

No, not that.

But worth it.

I actually have one in my house! I am a GREAT hula hooper! We even had a contest at church (50's theme) and they asked people to come up and compete (but I came in 2nd) :(

It is better than coming 2nd in ping pong and then Monday going to the club with a hangover. :laugh:

Forum List

Back