Impeach Obama, says Rep. Michael Burgess

Do you think the GOP House should Impeach President Obama?

• Total voters

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Impeach Obama, says Michael Burgess - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Impeaching President Barack Obama “needs to happen,” Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas) told a local tea party group, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Tuesday.

Burgess spoke, the paper said, in response to an attendee’s suggestion that the GOP-controlled House use impeachment to stop Obama from “pushing his agenda.”

“It needs to happen, and I agree with you it would tie things up,” Burgess reportedly responded. “No question about that.”

When the Star-Telegram’s reporter asked Burgess about the comment, he said the House needs to do what it can to stop the president.

“We need to tie things up,” Burgess said. “The longer we allow the damage to continue unchecked, the worse things are going to be for us.”

So according to Burgess, we need to impeach President Obama in order to stop him from pushing his agenda. :eusa_think:

I wonder how many people here would agree. Time for a poll I think.

I know I certainly don't and think it's ridiculous.

The question isn’t ‘should’ but ‘can,’ and the answer is they can not. As noted in the other recent thread on the subject, Obama’s committed no crimes. And to do so anyway as some sort of ‘protest’ or to ‘stop Obama’ with no chance of conviction in the Senate would show the House to be as irresponsible and capricious as it actually is.

. It's a sad thing, but unfortunately you can't impeach Obama just because he's a complete dumb ass. If so, they would have impeached Jimmy Carter.

GWB would be of higher priority. And given Bush admitted to authorizing the crime of torture, had it been confirmed at the time he was president, would indeed be grounds for impeachment.

Are you kidding me, we don't have the time nor the money to waste on some dumb shit at this time. You can vote him out of office faster, why not do that?

Impeaching President Barack Obama “needs to happen,” Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas) told a local tea party group, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Tuesday.

Burgess spoke, the paper said, in response to an attendee’s suggestion that the GOP-controlled House use impeachment to stop Obama from “pushing his agenda.”

“It needs to happen, and I agree with you it would tie things up,” Burgess reportedly responded. “No question about that.”

When the Star-Telegram’s reporter asked Burgess about the comment, he said the House needs to do what it can to stop the president.

“We need to tie things up,” Burgess said. “The longer we allow the damage to continue unchecked, the worse things are going to be for us.”

So according to Burgess, we need to impeach President Obama in order to stop him from pushing his agenda. :eusa_think:

I wonder how many people here would agree. Time for a poll I think.

We don't impeach presidents because we don't like their agenda.

I think he should be impeached for so many different reasons, such as OBAMACARE which trashes the Constitution.. Deliberating ignoring the Appeals Court concerning drilling..etc

How exactly does "Obamacare" trash the Constitution?

Fill in your post with actual clauses.

Okay?

here we go again. the cons are going to pull this with every president who's not a republican from here on in. :facepalm:

I think he should be impeached for so many different reasons, such as OBAMACARE which trashes the Constitution.. Deliberating ignoring the Appeals Court concerning drilling..etc

How exactly does "Obamacare" trash the Constitution?

Fill in your post with actual clauses.

Okay?
you know this gig, sallow. the wingnuts have a fringe interpretation of the 10th amendment that basically declares the entire federal government unconstitutional. the only thing that scares me is this supreme court is almost as fringe as they are, and may someday actually uphold this interpretation.

Stupidity, ego, crassness, narcissism, incompetence, obtuseness, arrogance are none of them crimes or misdemeanors.

Perjury is a crime. You impeach for that. Being a self centered asshole is pretty much part of the list of qualifications, as anyone who was not wouldn't apply for the job.

So what happens then? Biden becomes President. And they impeach him, too - right? Because he's a Democrat. So then what?

Seriously. Where the FUCK do you find these people??
threads merged~ del

Obama has committed troops to a UN war without Congressional approval. That's grounds enough right there.

So what happens then? Biden becomes President. And they impeach him, too - right? Because he's a Democrat. So then what?

Seriously. Where the FUCK do you find these people??

prolly with the people too stupid to use a search function on a messageboard

just a guess

Why is the GOP such bad sports?? They hated Clinton's guts and tried to impeach him for a ridiculous reason. They took the election away from Gore, now they want to impeach Obama. What is their friggin' problem???

The question isn’t ‘should’ but ‘can,’ and the answer is they can not. As noted in the other recent thread on the subject, Obama’s committed no crimes. And to do so anyway as some sort of ‘protest’ or to ‘stop Obama’ with no chance of conviction in the Senate would show the House to be as irresponsible and capricious as it actually is.

. It's a sad thing, but unfortunately you can't impeach Obama just because he's a complete dumb ass. If so, they would have impeached Jimmy Carter.

GWB would be of higher priority. And given Bush admitted to authorizing the crime of torture, had it been confirmed at the time he was president, would indeed be grounds for impeachment.

That was my thinking when I started the thread. Find me one impeachable offense. They all hate him so much, I'm sure they can come up with something.

Except hate isn't enough.

Impeachment should never be about politics.

It should be about things like illegally starting/continuing wars.

Maybe about violating various parts of The U.S. Constitution which (most) presidents have sworn to uphold. Though there remains the nagging question about whether an oath sworn on thin air has much binding effect.

Forum List

Back