Impeach Arizona Gov. Brewer!

Where does it say in the Constitution that illegal aliens are to be 'defended'? :cuckoo:

God bless good folks like Gov. Brewer and Sheriff Joe. Illegals have been put on notice. :clap2:

Where did I suggest illegal aliens are to be "defended"? American citizens need to be defended from a law which allows a peace officer to stop, question and search them without probable cause.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Please show us in the law where that is written, Wry.

Fact is, it's not in there.

And, shouldn't american citizens be "defended" against MEXICAN drug cartels who slip across our borders and commit the same crimes going on in their shithole of a country. Shouldn't we be protected from ANY ILLEGAL alien who comes to this great country?..... After all, they broke the law the second their feet crossed the border ILLEGALLY!

This great country needs to start taking a proactive stance in battling this problem, instead of a reactive stance after the crimes these dirtbags engage in are commited.

The only rights that have been violated are the rights of AMERICAN CITIZENS who are not having their laws enforced.

Last edited:
As an elected offical Gov. Brewer took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. By approving, signing and enforcing Arizona SB 1070 Gov Brewer has taken a course of action to nullify the 4th and 14th Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, a high crime by any standard.

Will she be frog marched to the Hague?

American citizens need to be defended from a law which allows a peace officer to stop, question and search them without probable cause.

The AZ law does no such thing.

Now, care to answer my question?

Sure:

OATH OF OFFICE
State of Arizona,
County of ________________
I, ____________________________________________do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will
support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution and laws of the State of Arizona, that I
will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and defend them against all enemies, foreign and
domestic, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge the duties of the office of
_______________________________________ according to the best of my ability, so help me God (or
so I do affirm).
SIGNATURE OF OFFICER OR EMPLOYEE
OK...

Now, are there federal immigration laws on the books that aren't being enforced by the agencies charged with doing so?

C'mon....You can tell us...It's OK...

Where does it say in the Constitution that illegal aliens are to be 'defended'? :cuckoo:

God bless good folks like Gov. Brewer and Sheriff Joe. Illegals have been put on notice. :clap2:

Where did I suggest illegal aliens are to be "defended"? American citizens need to be defended from a law which allows a peace officer to stop, question and search them without probable cause.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

And, shouldn't american citizens be "defended" against MEXICAN drug cartels who slip across our borders and commit the same crimes going on in their shithole of a country. Shouldn't we be protected from ANY ILLEGAL alien who comes to this great country?..... After all, they broke the law the second their feet crossed the border ILLEGALLY!

This great country needs to start taking a proactive stance in battling this problem, instead of a reactive stance after the crimes these dirtbags engage in are commited.

The only rights that have been violated are the rights of AMERICAN CITIZENS who are not having their laws enforced.

I thought the Reagan Administration had solved all that? Remember, "Just say NO!".
The fact is I agree, we do need to solve the illegal immigration crisis, why haven't we?
Remember a few months back, you (maybe you) and many of those now whinning about Obama not solving this problem decades in the making also complained about Obama doing too much.
Another reason I find RW Fringers to be hypocrites (as well as fools).

I thought the Reagan Administration had solved all that? Remember, "Just say NO!".
The fact is I agree, we do need to solve the illegal immigration crisis, why haven't we?
Remember a few months back, you (maybe you) and many of those now whinning about Obama not solving this problem decades in the making also complained about Obama doing too much.
Another reason I find RW Fringers to be hypocrites (as well as fools).
Fact is Wry, the only rights being violated are yours, mine and ALL legal citizens who aren't having our laws enforced, and are suffering the consequences of those laws not being enforced.

Arizona is doing the right thing and enforcing the laws that it's citizens expect to be enforced.

It's about time that other states start doing the same. If the fed's not going to enforce their laws, then the states should do right by their citizens and enact their own laws, and actually ENFORCE THEM!

Gov. Brewer for president!
Sherrif Joe for vice preesident!

As an elected offical Gov. Brewer took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. By approving, signing and enforcing Arizona SB 1070 Gov Brewer has taken a course of action to nullify the 4th and 14th Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, a high crime by any standard.

What's your Constitutional argument regarding how Arizona's new immigration law allegedly opposes the 4th or the 14th??? :eusa_eh:

Frankly, I don't understand the impetus behind defending illegal immigration. Not only is it unfair to law-abiding American citizens in a myriad of ways... but it sets up a sub-class of "citizen", one which has no vote, hence no representation.... an underclass.

It's disgusting that anyone should tolerate that particular state of affairs in a country which prizes citizen sovereignty. And it's absurd that people like you seem to believe that you're acting in ANYONE's best interest.

Immigrants must comply with our laws. Period. When we fail to enforce the law... we incentivize illegal migration. The failure of federal government to secure our borders and defend our rule of law is not essentially different in its moral implications than the employer who hires these people at a cut-rate wage. Both LURE these immigrants into a second-class citizenship.

Amnesty is NOT an option. It's not going to be tolerated by the legitimate citizens of this country, particularly now when jobs are scarce and the federal government is spending like drunken sailors on shore leave. We have not forgotten that our illegal immigration problem INCREASED after Reagan's amnesty. It only served to further incentivize illegal entry.

So, let's check the score here.

Brewer should be impeached because she took and oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution...The feds pass laws for orderly immigration policy, which is being brazenly violated en masse...So, her signing off on a state law that gives her state's police the power to do the job the feds are charged with, yet refuse to do, means that she should be impeached.

Mmmmmmmm'kay. :rolleyes:

If anyone should be impeached it should be Representative Raul Grijalva, who represents southern Arizona in the United States Congress. This idiot is calling for folks to boycott the State he was elected to represent. “Do not do business with the state,” Grijalva said, as much as the businesses are hurting, this clown goes and does something as bone-headed as this. Leave it to an idiot Democrat!

Last edited:
The AZ law does no such thing.

Now, care to answer my question?

Sure:

OATH OF OFFICE
State of Arizona,
I, ____________________________________________do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will
support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution and laws of the State of Arizona, that I
will bear true faith and allegiance to the same and defend them against all enemies, foreign and
domestic, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge the duties of the office of
_______________________________________ according to the best of my ability, so help me God (or
so I do affirm).
OK...

Now, are there federal immigration laws on the books that aren't being enforced by the agencies charged with doing so?

Yes, and I have explained that but will again. In my experience, when in the course of an arrest we determined that the offender was not legally in the U.S., and notified INS (now ICE) we were essentially ignored. The numbers of illegal aliens were apparently so high INS could not respond.
Border security is and has been a serious problems for decades, and the blame crosses party lines.
But why the big deal now? Bush II might have, in the face of 9/11, figured out that border security was critical, and the R controlled Congress might have done something after 9/11 but he and they did not.
Border security is now a wedge issue by the RW, complaining that Obama does nothing to protect our Southern border out of one side of their collective mouths and complaining he's doing too much too fast out of the other side of their mouth.

'Really too? You and ihopehefails must have gone to the same school of law.'

It ONLY takes someone with common sense to come to these conclusions. Something that apparently YOU are lacking. There are legal advisors who advise these political officials when it comes to the law and to the constitution.

'So Gov Brewer can do what is necessary to protect their citizens, and, by inference, legally sign into law the anti-Bill of Rights if in her opinion she is protecting her citizens?'

So now YOU are pretending to know the law??? Now I AM LMAO!

Sure:

OATH OF OFFICE
State of Arizona,
so I do affirm).
OK...

Yes, and I have explained that but will again. In my experience, when in the course of an arrest we determined that the offender was not legally in the U.S., and notified INS (now ICE) we were essentially ignored. The numbers of illegal aliens were apparently so high INS could not respond.
Border security is and has been a serious problems for decades, and the blame crosses party lines.
But why the big deal now? Bush II might have, in the face of 9/11, figured out that border security was critical, and the R controlled Congress might have done something after 9/11 but he and they did not.
Border security is now a wedge issue by the RW, complaining that Obama does nothing to protect our Southern border out of one side of their collective mouths and complaining he's doing too much too fast out of the other side of their mouth.
Right...And the left isn't using non-enforcement of the law to foment a wedge issue...They'd never do anything untoward like that! :rolleyes:

What's your Constitutional argument regarding how Arizona's new immigration law allegedly opposes the 4th or the 14th??? :eusa_eh:
Have you ever read the 4th and 14th amendments?

Frankly, I don't understand the impetus behind defending illegal immigration. Not only is it unfair to law-abiding American citizens in a myriad of ways... but it sets up a sub-class of "citizen", one which has no vote, hence no representation.... an underclass.
I don't defend law violators. Better to ask your local chamber of commerce.

It's disgusting that anyone should tolerate that particular state of affairs in a country which prizes citizen sovereignty. And it's absurd that people like you seem to believe that you're acting in ANYONE's best interest.
??? The law violates the 4th Amendment (I suggest you look up the spelling and definition of 'sovereignty'

Immigrants must comply with our laws. Period. When we fail to enforce the law... we incentivize illegal migration. The failure of federal government to secure our borders and defend our rule of law is not essentially different in its moral implications than the employer who hires these people at a cut-rate wage. Both LURE these immigrants into a second-class citizenship.

Amnesty is NOT an option. It's not going to be tolerated by the legitimate citizens of this country, particularly now when jobs are scarce and the federal government is spending like drunken sailors on shore leave. We have not forgotten that our illegal immigration problem INCREASED after Reagan's amnesty. It only served to further incentivize illegal entry.

I agree, immigration laws need to be enforced and amnesty is not an answer. I will add that the Reagan Administration failed to enforce the law, did grant amnesty and punted when it came to the drug problem.

I agree, immigration laws need to be enforced and amnesty is not an answer. I will add that the Reagan Administration failed to enforce the law, did grant amnesty and punted when it came to the drug problem.

I've read the 4th and the 14th. Again.... what's your specific argument?

Please point to the area's in SB-1070 that in your opinion rise to the level of unconstitutional. In fact in SB-1070 there is no place that mandates a law enforcement official to single out a person for race or for you to carry documentation other than as required by Federal Law a "green card". I don't know if you are aware of that fact Wry furthermore the bill is supported by long standing SCOTUS dedicions on what is considered reasonable suspcicion.

Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court which held that the Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures is not violated when a police officer stops a suspect on the street and searches him without probable cause to arrest, if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.
Terry v. Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I might suggest Wry that before anyone advocates for the removal of our Gov. which they are within their rights to do, they really read the actual bill rather than listen to the heated talk on this issue on both sides.

Having said that, there are few people who would stand for any public official that would single out a person based on race, gender, etc. and SB , something else from SB 1070 you may not know:

34. Requires the act to be implemented in a manner consistent with federal laws regulating immigration, protecting the civil rights of all persons and respecting the privileges and immunities of U.S. citizens.

All this serves Wry is to take away from the real problem here in immigration and that is the use of human beings as SLAVE labor in our country because we have a system that will not enforce the law because it means votes and enhances that SLAVE labor market. These people that come across the border are for the most part GOOD and decent people looking for a better life for themselves and their families and if we as a nation really wanted to do what is right here then what we would do is actually make the process of becoming a citizen understandable and uniform as well as well managed. Until we do, you will always have groups on both sides of the isle for pure political reasons help serve this slave market because they think it means votes. Arizona did the only thing if could do in this situation and thats tell a Federal Govt. that has for years not just Democrat Administrations but Republicans as well ignored Federal Law and left Arizona to fend for themselves while officers, it's citizens, ranchers and yes even those same immigrants died because of it.

Last edited:
OK...

Right...And the left isn't using non-enforcement of the law to foment a wedge issue...They'd never do anything untoward like that! :rolleyes:

Immigration reform is not a clear party line wedge issue. The far left sees it as a human rights issue, but many business owners and some large industries rely on undocumented workers; many American Citizens use undocumented labor to landscape their homes and do the 'labor' in home remodels. Doubt this? Drive by Home Depot Saturday morning.

If anyone is using immigration as a wedge issue, it is the far right - though not all the wingers support the Arizona Law. Even Tom Tancredo as wacked out as he is says 1070 is too extreme.
Me. I believe we should enforce our laws. Local ordinances, state and federal laws, and of course our Constitution.

OP read, considered, and rejected as "phishing".

Immigration reform is not a clear party line wedge issue. The far left sees it as a human rights issue, but many business owners and some large industries rely on undocumented workers; many American Citizens use undocumented labor to landscape their homes and do the 'labor' in home remodels. Doubt this? Drive by Home Depot Saturday morning.

If anyone is using immigration as a wedge issue, it is the far right - though not all the wingers support the Arizona Law. Even Tom Tancredo as wacked out as he is says 1070 is too extreme.
Me. I believe we should enforce our laws. Local ordinances, state and federal laws, and of course our Constitution.
Right...And absolutely NONE of those hiring illegals are lefties.

Can't take the partisan hack blinders off for even a second, can you?

Didn't think so....AMF.

Please point to the area's in SB-1070 that in your opinion rise to the level of unconstitutional. In fact in SB-1070 there is no place that mandates a law enforcement official to single out a person for race or for you to carry documentation other than as required by Federal Law a "green card". I don't know if you are aware of that fact Wry furthermore the bill is supported by long standing SCOTUS dedicions on what is considered reasonable suspcicion.

Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court which held that the Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures is not violated when a police officer stops a suspect on the street and searches him without probable cause to arrest, if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.
Terry v. Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I might suggest Wry that before anyone advocates for the removal of our Gov. which they are within their rights to do, they really read the actual bill rather than listen to the heated talk on this issue on both sides.

Having said that, there are few people who would stand for any public official that would single out a person based on race, gender, etc. and SB , something else from SB 1070 you may not know:

34. Requires the act to be implemented in a manner consistent with federal laws regulating immigration, protecting the civil rights of all persons and respecting the privileges and immunities of U.S. citizens.

All this serves Wry is to take away from the real problem here in immigration and that is the use of human beings as SLAVE labor in our country because we have a system that will not enforce the law because it means votes and enhances that SLAVE labor market. These people that come across the border are for the most part GOOD and decent people looking for a better life for themselves and their families and if we as a nation really wanted to do what is right here then what we would do is actually make the process of becoming a citizen understandable and uniform as well as well managed. Until we do, you will always have groups on both sides of the isle for pure political reasons help serve this slave market because they think it means votes. Arizona did the only thing if could do in this situation and thats tell a Federal Govt. that has for years not just Democrat Administrations but Republicans as well ignored Federal Law and left Arizona to fend for themselves while officers, it's citizens, ranchers and yes even those same immigrants died because of it.

We agree on most of the issues you so well presented. I don't believe a 'Terry Stop' allows for an officer to determine the immigration status of a subject detained in a suspicious circumstance. A 'Pat Search' is standard procedure, going through a persons wallet seeking information on their status is not. Suggesting otherwise bordens the scope of the Terry decision and I doubt the SCOTUS or a Libertarian would agree with that analysis.
Time will likely tell.

Forum List

Back