Immigration is Destroying America.

Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

1. Americans lose jobs. (especially Whites due to affirmative action).

2. Wage reduction.

3. Tax $ lost (due to off books work + lower wages paid).

4. Remittance $$$ lost. ($170 Billion year).

5. Tax $$ lost to immigrants on welfare.

6. Increased crime.

7. Increased traffic congestion.

8. Increased pollution.

9. Overcrowding in hospital ERs.

10. Overcrowding in recreational facilities.

11. Overcrowding in government offices.

12. Overcrowding in schools.

13. Decrease in funds available for entitlements.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

16. Introduction of foreign diseases

I was chatting with a Native American friend the other day, and he totally agrees with you.

I thought to myself about how his people actually immigrated here from Asia - but he's a nice guy and I didn't have the heart to tell him he was a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Here are what I see as the HARMS of Immigration (in America). Feel free to dispute, debate, confirm, or whatever on any one or combination of these. This should be a good, rousing debate (but please try to stay on topic)

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

15. Overuse of scarce resources (oil, gasoline, fresh water, jobs, electricity, food, etc)

I was chatting with a Native American friend the other day, and he totally agrees with you.

I thought to myself about how his people actually immigrated here from Asia - but he's a nice guy and I didn't have the heart to tell him he was a hypocrite.

He's not a hypocrite. Many years ago, immigration was NOT a harm to America. Now it is.

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

He's not a hypocrite. Many years ago, immigration was NOT a harm to America. Now it is.
Yeah cause any head count over 30million people in the USA is killing us... :cuckoo:

Harms of Immigration

2. Wage reduction.

6. Increased crime.

8. Increased pollution.

14. Cultural erosion.

Just for clarification--------Immigration is not harming the USA, ILLEGAL immigration is harming the USA. Legal immigration has always helped the country. Breaking our laws never helps the country. Anyone here illegally should be deported. No other country in the world would tolerate the illegal invasion that we have let happen here.

Yeah cause any head count over 30million people in the USA is killing us... :cuckoo:

Denial that immigration is harming America is either lies or sillieness.

Just for clarification--------Immigration is not harming the USA, ILLEGAL immigration is harming the USA. Legal immigration has always helped the country. Breaking our laws never helps the country. Anyone here illegally should be deported. No other country in the world would tolerate the illegal invasion that we have let happen here.

The NUMBER of people inside the country is the critical factor, not the leqality of them. Even 10 year old kids in the 5th grade can understand this.

The NUMBER of people inside the country is the critical factor, not the leqality of them. Even 10 year old kids in the 5th grade can understand this.

I have no issue with quotas on legal immigration. But, there should be zero illegal immigration allowed. Every person in this country illegally, no matter how long they have been here, should be deported. Either we have laws or we don't.

I have no issue with quotas on legal immigration. But, there should be zero illegal immigration allowed. Every person in this country illegally, no matter how long they have been here, should be deported. Either we have laws or we don't.

I agree with that. But would you be in favor of issuing work visas to foreigners, when there are still millions of Americans who want and need those jobs ?

I agree with that. But would you be in favor of issuing work visas to foreigners, when there are still millions of Americans who want and need those jobs ?

We already have a law where work visa's can only be provided with proof that no Americans are available to fill the job.

Permanent Workers | USCIS

Permanent Workers

Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are available each fiscal year for aliens (and their spouses and children) who seek to immigrate based on their job skills. If you have the right combination of skills, education, and/or work experience and are otherwise eligible, you may be able to live permanently in the United States. The five employment-based immigrant visa preferences (categories) are listed below.

Labor Certification
Some immigrant visa preferences require you to already have a job offer from a U.S. employer. This employer will be considered your sponsor. For some visa categories, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to USCIS, the employer must obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL labor certification verifies the following:

There are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage
Hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers

The problem isn't our laws. The problem is our government refuses to do it's job. We are living in lawless state, because the leadership of this country has declared it's good citizens the bad guys and the people that break it's laws the good guys. We elected a drug dealer as POTUS who's parents and grand parents were known communists, WTH do you expect?

Last edited:
Anyone opposed to LEGAL immigration is an ignorant, unAmerican fool.

To be fair... prot may finally be onto a point of contention. Legal immigration does not mean proper. Corporations make shit up all the time to fool government employees into rubber stamping work visas. Checks are written to influence government officials to look the other way. Look at the H1b programs... how many millions of American tech workers are out of work? How many h1b visa tech workers are here in the States?

But I don't consider these legal immigrants not in my mind. It's not like they are here to do anything other than take American jobs. They shack up in apartments 10 deep, do the job, learn the skill then go back with money in their pockets.

Last edited:

We already have a law where work visa's can only be provided with proof that no Americans are available to fill the job.

Permanent Workers

Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are available each fiscal year for aliens (and their spouses and children) who seek to immigrate based on their job skills. If you have the right combination of skills, education, and/or work experience and are otherwise eligible, you may be able to live permanently in the United States. The five employment-based immigrant visa preferences (categories) are listed below.

Labor Certification
Some immigrant visa preferences require you to already have a job offer from a U.S. employer. This employer will be considered your sponsor. For some visa categories, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to USCIS, the employer must obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL labor certification verifies the following:

There are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage
Hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers

The problem isn't our laws. The problem is our government refuses to do it's job. We are living in lawless state, because the leadership of this country has declared it's good citizens the bad guys and the people that break it's laws the good guys. We elected a drug dealer as POTUS who's parents and grand parents were known communists, WTH do you expect?

This is a FARCE. Every day, foreigner workers are being hired to jobs that there are millions of Americans available, willing, and BETTER qualified to fill the position at the prevailing wage. The problem is the greedy employers don't want to pay the prevailing wage. They pay the foreigner wage, which is a lot less. THAT is why they want foreigners. They also are more able to mistreat the foreigners with bad working conditions. This is 20 year old "news". An old story.

Permanent Workers

Labor Certification

This is a FARCE. Every day, foreigner workers are being hired to jobs that there are millions of Americans available, willing, and BETTER qualified to fill the position at the prevailing wage. The problem is the greedy employers don't want to pay the prevailing wage. They pay the foreigner wage, which is a lot less. THAT is why they want foreigners. They also are more able to mistreat the foreigners with bad working conditions. This is 20 year old "news". An old story.

Correct. This happens every day by the thousands. Still it is already against the law.

Our government is a farce because they are aiding and abetting and refusing to prosecute our immigration laws.

Many/most large Corporations will continue to piss on their employees in this way as long as our government refuses to do it's job.

Anyone opposed to LEGAL immigration is an ignorant, unAmerican fool.

To be fair... prot may finally be onto a point of contention. Legal immigration does not mean proper. Corporations make shit up all the time to fool government employees into rubber stamping work visas. Checks are written to influence government officials to look the other way. Look at the H1b programs... how many millions of American tech workers are out of work? How many h1b visa tech workers are here in the States?

Look how many higher-skilled jobs have gone unfilled for years because there aren't enough qualified candidates to fill them. Fraudulent H-1b visas need to be identified but are less than a drop in the ocean of our issues with illegal immigration. There is no comparison between your suppositions about people who, as far as you know, are here LEGALLY and millions of people giving our border the literal bum's rush

Forum List

Back