Old news. I don't click on Paint Huffer's Post links, but here is an example from the Reconstruction Era about image and bi-racial perceptions:

“ Fun Reconstruction Facts”

Another weak seam in the Republican fabric joined predominately mulatto antebellum free Negroes and the largely black ex-slaves.

In Louisiana and N. Carolina, the early monopolization of black leadership by the mulatto class aroused the color and class tensions never far from the surface in the black community.

A mulatto candidate for the 1868 constitutional convention in South Carolina said: “ If ever there is a ****** government – an unmixed ****** government – established in South Carolina, I shall move.”

On the other side, a black leader said of the mulattoes: “To what race do they belong? … I know that my ancestors trod the burning sands of Africa, but why should men in whose veins run a great preponderance of white blood seek to specially ally themselves with the black man, prate of 'our race', when they are simply mongrels.”

p.560, Ordeal By Fire – The Civil War and Reconstruction - James McPherson, Knopf, 1982.

Some of the photoshopping was down right comical.

n-PRISCILLA-YUKI-WILSON-large570.jpg

May the Lord bless her: the offspring of a Japanese and a black is not beautiful.

What's interesting is how people from different places altered the picture to meet their own expectations of beauty, and how using a biracial model confounded this process for many.

n-PRISCILLA-YUKI-WILSON-large570.jpg

May the Lord bless her: the offspring of a Japanese and a black is not beautiful.

Actually she is quite beautiful, we live in a world where hitler doesn't decide what's beautiful to us....
On the left she looks like someone beat her face with a 2X4.

I wish there was a reality show called Instant Karma which showed people getting cold cocked by Karma within the same time frame and on camera, of course, with their earlier triggering statement.

I would love to see how the Karma from your attitude/statement shows up in your life somewhere down the road.

Forum List

Back