I’m the first Kenyan-American to be president

Why did Obama tell his publisher that he was born in Kenya?

It was the literary agents fault for not fact checking what Obama told her. We have all learned that lesson.
Obama did not tell her, you fucking moron. She said it was her error.

And we should believe her why?

She was there. She edited the pamphlet. She was in contact with Obama. She's an eye witness. Any court of law would admit her testimony as evidence.

You on the hand have no idea what you're talking about. You edited nothing. You weren't there. You've never so much as met Obama, let alone worked with him on a book. You witnessed nothing. You have nothing relevant to offer us.

Yet you insist we ignore her and instead believe you?

Laughing......you can't be serious.

It was the literary agents fault for not fact checking what Obama told her. We have all learned that lesson.

The woman who edited the pamphlet was quite clear that Obama never told her he was born in Kenya.

In fact, no one has ever claimed that Obama told them he was born in Kenya.

What we have is her saying something that is quite different then what we can see and touch. If Obama didn't tell her then she is a bald faced liar who isn't very good at her job. It only became a "mistake" when Obama decided to run for President.

Ronald Reagan speaking to the Irish Parliament in 1984:
"When I stepped off Air Force One at Shannon a few days ago and saw Ireland, beautiful and green, and felt again the warmth of her people, something deep inside began to stir.

Who knows but that scientists will someday explain the complex genetic process by which generations seem to transfer across time and even oceans their fondest memories. Until they do, I will have to rely on President Lincoln's words about the ``mystic chords of memory'' -- and say to you that during the past few days at every stop here in your country, those chords have been gently and movingly struck. So, I hope you won't think it too bold of me to say that my feelings here this morning can best be summarized by the words ``home -- home again.''

Now, I know some of us Irish Americans tend to get carried away with our ancestral past and want very much to impress our relatives here with how well we've done in the New World. Many of us aren't back in Ireland 5 minutes before, as the American song has it, we're looking to shake the hand of Uncle Mike and kiss the girl we used to swing down by the garden gate. [Laughter]"

Address Before a Joint Session of the Irish National Parliament

You seem to be under some sort of misconception that it bothers me that Obama said he was a Kenyan-President? He is just admitting to the truth.

As long as we're clear he was born in Hawaii.

The woman who edited the pamphlet was quite clear that Obama never told her he was born in Kenya.

What we have is her saying something that is quite different then what we can see and touch.

What we have is the world's leading authority on that pamphlet telling us what happened. And you ignoring her and making up your own narrative, citing yourself.

What we don't have is a reason to give a shit about whatever nonsense you make up. As you have no idea what you're talking about. Nor does your narrative make the slightest sense. As both before and after this obscure fact checking error, Obama's place of birth was cited as Hawaii.

Your story is silly. You can't back it up with any evidence. And you're refuted by the world's leading authority on the pamphlet; the woman that edited it herself.

Are you starting to see why birthers are a national laughing stock? And should be?

What evidence do I have to back up?

You have seen the phamplet I suppose. It says what it says.

The literary agent admits to a mistake, which is obvious.

The question is, was the "mistake" intentional and did Obama know about the "mistake" long before it was changed, 20 years later.

It stretches logic to the breaking point to believe that Obama didn't know.

And why should we believe the Literary agent who made such a damning mistake? Was she lying then or now?

What we have is her saying something that is quite different then what we can see and touch. If Obama didn't tell her then she is a bald faced liar who isn't very good at her job. It only became a "mistake" when Obama decided to run for President.

"When I stepped off Air Force One at Shannon a few days ago and saw Ireland, beautiful and green, and felt again the warmth of her people, something deep inside began to stir.

Who knows but that scientists will someday explain the complex genetic process by which generations seem to transfer across time and even oceans their fondest memories. Until they do, I will have to rely on President Lincoln's words about the ``mystic chords of memory'' -- and say to you that during the past few days at every stop here in your country, those chords have been gently and movingly struck. So, I hope you won't think it too bold of me to say that my feelings here this morning can best be summarized by the words ``home -- home again.''

Now, I know some of us Irish Americans tend to get carried away with our ancestral past and want very much to impress our relatives here with how well we've done in the New World. Many of us aren't back in Ireland 5 minutes before, as the American song has it, we're looking to shake the hand of Uncle Mike and kiss the girl we used to swing down by the garden gate. [Laughter]"

You seem to be under some sort of misconception that it bothers me that Obama said he was a Kenyan-President? He is just admitting to the truth.

I have never said otherwise. I just wonder why the Literary agent lied about it and Mrs. Obama says he is from Kenya. The former I assume to sell books the later because she doesn't understand word usage.

Because there is absolutely no evidence that he was born anywhere but Hawaii. His birth was announced in the local paper. Other than the one publisher promotional piece you reference, every other writing about him identified Hawaii as his birthplace. There is no evidence his mother ever traveled to Kenya. If you think he was born in Kenya, you are as stupid as they come.

She was there. She edited the pamphlet. She was in contact with Obama. She's an eye witness. Any court of law would admit her testimony as evidence.

You on the hand have no idea what you're talking about. You edited nothing. You weren't there. You've never so much as met Obama, let alone worked with him on a book. You witnessed nothing. You have nothing relevant to offer us.

This is so ridiculous. Using your logic if there were a murder all the murderer would have to say is "I didn't do it" and they would be innocent. People lie, people lie all the time.

I have never said otherwise. I just wonder why the Literary agent lied about it and Mrs. Obama says he is from Kenya. The former I assume to sell books the later because she doesn't understand word usage.
Why was it a lie? People make mistakes. He was writing a book about his father, a Kenyan. Not that hard to make that mistake.

This is so ridiculous. Using your logic if there were a murder all the murderer would have to say is "I didn't do it" and they would be innocent. People lie, people lie all the time.

There's no murder. There's a minor fact checking error. You're insisting it never happened. The woman who made the mistake said it did and the mistake was hers.

She's in a position to know as she's the one who edited the document.

And you're nobody. Why on earth would any rational person ignore her....and instead believe whatever hapless nonsense you make up, citing yourself on a topic you know nothing about?

I can't think of a single reason.

Why was it a lie? People make mistakes. He was writing a book about his father, a Kenyan. Not that hard to make that mistake.

Nope, the book was a biography of himself which was never published. Seems like if you are going to promote such a book you at least get the birth place right, unless you want to sell more books. Look up Journeys in Black and White.

So Obama told her that he was born in Kenya?

Could be or she made it up out of sail cloth. Either way she is not telling the truth.

Or she got Barack Obama and Barack Obama mixed up. One born in Kenya. One born in Hawaii.

And given that the woman who edited the document and is the world's leading authority affirms that it was a simple fact checking error ......and you've got nothing but innuendo and baseless speculation, she wins.

As you still can't cite a single person who has ever said Obama told them he was born in Kenya. Its just you, citing you. And you're nobody.

There's no murder. There's a minor fact checking error. You're insisting it never happened. The woman who made the mistake said it did and the mistake was hers.

And you're nobody. Why on earth would any rational person ignore her....and instead believe whatever hapless nonsense you make up, citing yourself on a topic you know nothing about?

Once again, you too are a NOBODY who should only know what they see. She never once explained how she made such a "mistake." I am not lying about anything it is all out their. She lied that was her mistake, one she does not admit to nor do we know exactly what she lied about. But we can clearly see the lie.

What we have is her saying something that is quite different then what we can see and touch.

What we have is the world's leading authority on that pamphlet telling us what happened. And you ignoring her and making up your own narrative, citing yourself.

What we don't have is a reason to give a shit about whatever nonsense you make up. As you have no idea what you're talking about. Nor does your narrative make the slightest sense. As both before and after this obscure fact checking error, Obama's place of birth was cited as Hawaii.

Your story is silly. You can't back it up with any evidence. And you're refuted by the world's leading authority on the pamphlet; the woman that edited it herself.

Are you starting to see why birthers are a national laughing stock? And should be?

What evidence do I have to back up?

You have seen the phamplet I suppose. It says what it says.

The literary agent admits to a mistake, which is obvious.

The question is, was the "mistake" intentional and did Obama know about the "mistake" long before it was changed, 20 years later.

It stretches logic to the breaking point to believe that Obama didn't know.

And why should we believe the Literary agent who made such a damning mistake? Was she lying then or now?
Google the word "mistake".

Nope, the book was a biography of himself which was never published. Seems like if you are going to promote such a book you at least get the birth place right, unless you want to sell more books. Look up Journeys in Black and White.

And given that Obama's place of birth had already been affirmed as Hawaii in multiple nationally syndicated articles before this obscure little pamphlet.....and was affirmed as Hawaii in the autobiography he actually wrote 3 years later, your narrative doesn't make the slightest sense.

Once again, you too are a NOBODY who should only know what they see. She never once explained how she made such a "mistake." I am not lying about anything it is all out their. She lied that was her mistake, one she does not admit to nor do we know exactly what she lied about. But we can clearly see the lie.
Actually, dumbass, she did:

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
Read more at snopes.com Promotional Booklet

Once again, you too are a NOBODY who should only know what they see.

I'm not quoting me. I'm quoting the woman who edited the pamphlet:

You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.

You insist we ignore her.....and believe you and your baseless narrative that Obama told her he was born in Kenya. Citing yourself.

You're nobody. And she's still the world's leading authority on the pamphlet. She's far more credible than you are. As she knows what she's talking about. And you're completely ignorant.

She never once explained how she made such a "mistake."

She said it was a fact checking error on her part. Mistake and error are synonyms.

You're just reaching now. And you still have no idea what you're talking about.

I am not lying about anything it is all out their. She lied that was her mistake, one she does not admit to nor do we know exactly what she lied about. But we can clearly see the lie.

And I'm saying that you can't back any of your bullshit. As you have no idea what you're talking about. You weren't there. She was.

Wasn't Kennedy the first Catholic? Republicans at the time felt he gave the pope too much power. Republicans were wrong then and it seems they are keeping the streak alive.

He said, during a 45-minute speech to the country that focused mostly on economic development: “I am proud to be the first American president to come to Kenya. And of course, I’m the first Kenyan-American to be president of the United States. That goes without saying.”

Read more at Obama I m the 1st Kenyan-American president

AMAZING..., isn't it ? ! ? ! ? ! ?, first time he ever spoke the truth.
And Kennedy and Reagan were Irish-American Presidents. Your point?

As well as President Obama.
Remember when he went to Ireland?
Obama heads to Ireland in search of his roots - CNN.com
Moneygall, Ireland (CNN) -- "You discover a lot about yourself when you're running for president," Barack Obama said on the campaign trail in 2008. "It was brought to my attention last year that my great-great-great-grandfather on my mother's side hailed from a small village in County Offaly."

Forum List

Back