I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!!

I got my first moderna vaccine today!!!! So did Matt.

Didn't hurt at all...didn't even know she stuck the needle in...

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th, then another two weeks after that...we will finally be able to fly down to Florida to see my parents and older sister!!! Its been a long wait! We will likely stay a month or two!

So far, about two hours since shot, no pain in arm..... Matt felt some pain starting about 5 minutes afterwards of soreness....not me!

My parents, in their 80's got their first and second shots already, along with my older sister....my sis, and father were sore for two or three days afterwards, my mother on both shots, felt nothing....I hope I take after her!

They make you sit there at the pharmacy, for about 15 minutes afterwards to make certain you have no reaction.

My sister and parents got their shot at a Publix grocery store, and my sis said she shopped around the store for 15 minutes instead of sitting there with my parents for the 15 min.

I just can't wait to see them! We were suppose to see them a year ago! :(

Congratulations.

I felt the same way when I got the first dose. It was Pfizer.

I didn't feel the shot either. My arm wasn't sore that day. It was sore the next day. The day after it wasn't sore anymore.

I will have the second shot on the 16th.

Two weeks later I will finally be able to go to Massachusetts. Where my favorite aunt died last April from the virus. There wasn't a memorial or funeral. No one got to say goodbye. I will at least be able to go spend time with my cousins and see her Urn. Hopefully I will finally be able to get some sort of closure for her death.

I qualified for the vaccine on January 7th. I looked everywhere for an appointment but there were none. Vaccine clinics were full and closed. It was like that until February. I was finally able to get an appointment the 25th.

I didn't get it at a private business. Such as a pharmacy. I got mine through the state at the fire station. I will return next week for my second dose.

It's interesting how fast things turned around with the vaccine. Thank goodness.

I thought the second shot was supposed to be three weeks from the first.
Pfizer is three, Moderna is 4 weeks, J&J one shot.

Wow, I'm glad I found that out. I had an appointment to get my first shot tomorrow, but I just cancelled it. I'm leaving for Mexico on April 10th for a month. I thought I could the shot tomorrow and then get the second shot in three weeks, but if I end up with the Moderna and have to wait four weeks that will put my second shot on the day before I leave and given some of the side effects people experience after the 2nd shot (fever, fatigue, etc.) I can't risk that the day before I leave. Guess I'll have to wait until May when I get back.

I got the Pfizer.

I wasn't able to make an appointment for the second dose when I got the first one.

I got an email earlier this week telling me to make the appointment for March 16 or 17. Which is just 1 and 2 days short of 3 weeks from the second one.

I don't know about where you live but here you can choose which vaccine to get. Just have to find out which place has which vaccine. They tell you on the website where you make the appointment.

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th, then another two weeks after that...we will finally be able to fly down to Florida to see my parents and older sister!!! Its been a long wait! We will likely stay a month or two!

So far, about two hours since shot, no pain in arm..... Matt felt some pain starting about 5 minutes afterwards of soreness....not me!

My parents, in their 80's got their first and second shots already, along with my older sister....my sis, and father were sore for two or three days afterwards, my mother on both shots, felt nothing....I hope I take after her!

They make you sit there at the pharmacy, for about 15 minutes afterwards to make certain you have no reaction.

My sister and parents got their shot at a Publix grocery store, and my sis said she shopped around the store for 15 minutes instead of sitting there with my parents for the 15 min.

Is the computer chip they put in your arm messing up your WiFi at home??

Congratulations.

I didn't feel the shot either. My arm wasn't sore that day. It was sore the next day. The day after it wasn't sore anymore.

Two weeks later I will finally be able to go to Massachusetts. Where my favorite aunt died last April from the virus. There wasn't a memorial or funeral. No one got to say goodbye. I will at least be able to go spend time with my cousins and see her Urn. Hopefully I will finally be able to get some sort of closure for her death.

I qualified for the vaccine on January 7th. I looked everywhere for an appointment but there were none. Vaccine clinics were full and closed. It was like that until February. I was finally able to get an appointment the 25th.

I didn't get it at a private business. Such as a pharmacy. I got mine through the state at the fire station. I will return next week for my second dose.

It's interesting how fast things turned around with the vaccine. Thank goodness.

my husband's best friend from highschool couldn't bury his mother last spring after she died from COVID; & his sister just passed away last week from it. she was only 61. at least this time he was able to go to her funeral.

Congratulations.

my husband's best friend from highschool couldn't bury his mother last spring after she died from COVID; & his sister just passed away last week from it. she was only 61. at least this time he was able to go to her funeral.
what state?

Yesterday evening my arm was sore, woke up this morning and it was not sore anymore. ...or just slightly sore! YAY!

I have sneezed twice this morning, twice last night, unusual for me....not a sneezer, even with a cold.... took temperature, and its normal!

So far, so good!

Hubby is still asleep, don't know how he's doing with it, yet.

Congratulations.

what state?

CT.

Anti-maskers used to whine that masks don't protect the user (as well as it protects those he encounters)

The vaccine DOES protect the person vaccinated and may not protect others (because supposedly you can still get mild or asymptomatic cases and spread it)

Get your vaccine to protect yourself and continue wearing a mask and we get OUT of this thing.

At Wal-Mart? Did the bag packer do it?
At Walmart around here there is a bank, doctor,hair place, optometrist (6foot 1 blonde hair blue eye bomb shell of a lady), nail place and a couple of restaurants. That's what I have noticed probably have more in there.

Congratulations.

I'm so sorry about your husband's best friend's mother and sister.

Yes they will be able to have a funeral. We couldn't. My aunt died when the virus first started killing people here. She died on April 14th.

It's been a horrible year. I hope things get better soon.

This is the only pandemic in history that no one will be able to show occurred in 100 years.
What is this nonsense?

There is no spike in the overall mortality rate for the planet. There is NO spike in the death rate. Thus the claim that this is a pandemic is a joke.
Through early October 2020, we had 300,000 EXCESS DEATHS, over and above deaths from previous years.

The hospital were jammed packed, over packed, covid wards took over multiple floors in hospitals, nurses and doctors were cracking under the pressure with humongous shortages of PPE.... and doctors and nurses brought in from other states to cover their shortages when possible.....

We lost a year on our average life span.

Last edited:
This is the only pandemic in history that no one will be able to show occurred in 100 years.
What is this nonsense?

There is no spike in the overall mortality rate for the planet. There is NO spike in the death rate. Thus the claim that this is a pandemic is a joke.
Through early October 2020, we had 300,000 EXCESS DEATHS, over and above deaths from previous years.

The hospital were jammed packed, over packed, covid wards took over multiple floors in hospitals, nurses and doctors were cracking under the pressure with humongous shortages of PPE.... and doctors and nurses brought in from other states to cover their shortages when possible.....

Untrue. Even the CDC admits that over 80% of reported covid deaths are lies.

What is this nonsense?

Untrue. Even the CDC admits that over 80% of reported covid deaths are lies.
They never bother to look at those pesky facts.lol they have also as you well know,have even admitted themselves the numbers are inflated.lol but facts like that thst don’t support their warped opinions don’t interest them of course.

New Topics

Forum List

Back