I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!!

I got my first moderna vaccine today!!!! So did Matt.

Didn't hurt at all...didn't even know she stuck the needle in...

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th, then another two weeks after that...we will finally be able to fly down to Florida to see my parents and older sister!!! Its been a long wait! We will likely stay a month or two!

So far, about two hours since shot, no pain in arm..... Matt felt some pain starting about 5 minutes afterwards of soreness....not me!

My parents, in their 80's got their first and second shots already, along with my older sister....my sis, and father were sore for two or three days afterwards, my mother on both shots, felt nothing....I hope I take after her!

They make you sit there at the pharmacy, for about 15 minutes afterwards to make certain you have no reaction.

My sister and parents got their shot at a Publix grocery store, and my sis said she shopped around the store for 15 minutes instead of sitting there with my parents for the 15 min.

I just can't wait to see them! We were suppose to see them a year ago! :(
GO BIG PHARMA!!!

At Wal-Mart? Did the bag packer do it?
The pharmacist did it, and thank the good Lord she was an expert shot giver...smooth as can be!

I got my 2nd shingles vaccine three weeks ago, and it was brutal!!! The shot itself, the ache for the next two weeks, the sleepless nights, the sore arm.... It was an awful experience..... But now I'm done, its all over with, and hopefully I won't get shingles like my grand mom did.
I've been considering that one. Do you go to the doctor for it?
Your doctor may give it, but my doctor sent the prescription to the Walgreens pharmacy, and I made my appointment with them... My husband got his from his doctor, at the VA clinic.
hubby & me are getting our 1st pfizer shot saturday & the 2nd one april 3.

2 weeks after that 2nd dose & i get to hug my bestest buddy of 45 years!

It is all sort of unreal, a big blur the past year.... So glad we are approaching and getting close to, somewhat, normal again...knock on wood! God willing!!! And all that jazz!! Don't want to get too slap happy, when these mutant variations are on the rise....

i know. they said the pfizer vaccine is effective against the brazilian strain, but i havent heard anything about the UK one & the S african one is even more troublesome.
J&J vaccine supposed to be effective against those strains.

they researched & tested after those strains came around. but we don't have a choice to which one we get & i'm fine with getting the pfizer for now. looks like moderna & J&J have teamed up & will be the more marketed one. perhaps a herd immunity against the newer strains will happen the more the J&J vaccine gets distributed? or at least minimize it until next year when the cycle starts again if we need a yearly shot like the flu.
Even if you get the newer strain it will feel like a cold vs. a life threatening disease per my MD. He is pretty good....stereotypical Jew who went to Harvard Med School....

right. that's what happened a few yrs ago, i got my flu shot & it was the yr when they were off about which strains were gonna hit & i got it, but it was much less severe than what it could have been.
I was just at a client call in NH....all open. Like COVID doesn't exist. Weird. There are signs stating masks are required but people aren't wearing masks.

it's too soon for going without masks. america is only 10% fully vaccinated.
Rural NH wasn't hit that hard I guess. If you think about it...like this:

330million people but 40% have natural immunity --- 132 mil
~80 million already had it so 212 mil total
10% vaccinated so thats another 33 mil or 245 mil total.

245/330 = 74%....so 74% of the country is safe...that still leaves 26% vulnerable but not 90%.

Make sense?

:uhh:

'eh... it's literally just a few more weeks. americans are spoiled & have an instant gratification problem. CT is fully opening up next week & although i think it's not a great idea, at least there's still gonna be a mask mandate.
I think businesses need to decide vs. Gov't officials. No shirt no service can still apply. No mask no service. Up to the business.

not if it's a public health risk that can occur outside the establishment from the direct result of being in the establishment.

the differance being that no shoes, no shirt only affects those inside.

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th

I thought the second shot was supposed to be three weeks from the first.
Four weeks they told us.

moderna is 4 weeks, & pfizer is 3 weeks.
My parents got Moderna. No side effects. First shot....second supposed to be tougher on the body.

ya that's what i heard about pfizer too. oh well, i'm tough. only needed 5 PT sessions for my ankle & i'm good.
Of course you're tough. You battle me here daily. LOL

Ankle injuries suck!

& at least both of them are the same color & size now. gotta admit, i felt like i had the crap beaten outa me, it was really tiring lugging that herman munster boot around. THUD thud THUD thud THUD thud

We got it at Wal-Mart, about 25-30 miles from here, our next shot is April 8th, then another two weeks after that...we will finally be able to fly down to Florida to see my parents and older sister!!! Its been a long wait! We will likely stay a month or two!

So far, about two hours since shot, no pain in arm..... Matt felt some pain starting about 5 minutes afterwards of soreness....not me!

My parents, in their 80's got their first and second shots already, along with my older sister....my sis, and father were sore for two or three days afterwards, my mother on both shots, felt nothing....I hope I take after her!

They make you sit there at the pharmacy, for about 15 minutes afterwards to make certain you have no reaction.

My sister and parents got their shot at a Publix grocery store, and my sis said she shopped around the store for 15 minutes instead of sitting there with my parents for the 15 min.

Congratulations, you are now no longer human but are Transhuman.

Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous, though! Our hospital hasn't got any vaccine! I got all excited when I saw Gov Mills announcement, just went to our
I just c
The VA is giving out shots like it was candy on Halloween..
Matt's been calling the VA for the past two months and they still did not have them at his clinic available for him.... they said they'd call him when his age group comes up....never got a call so we just booked us both, at Wal-Mart...we tried to get in to the Walgreens closer to our home who has the pfizer vaccine, but couldn't get an appointment.
You inspired me to check farther afield, but Calais and Eastport don't have any, either. I looked at Walmart in Ellsworth but you have to create an account to even get in to check if they've got any? No.
Might be worth it, WalMart is the one with appointments around here for folks of various ages....seem to have the vaccine and slots.
In two more weeks, if I can't get it within an hour of home, I will probably relent.
Wal-Mart has them at Ellsworth, try after midnight if all appts are booked now.... Matt booked me there by mistake, instead of Brewer or Bangor, I cancelled it, once Matt got me booked with him.

Open the account, hesitation is the enemy.

Congratulations, you are now no longer human but are Transhuman.
:lol:
No silly one, we vaccinated are just fine.....!!!

The pharmacist did it, and thank the good Lord she was an expert shot giver...smooth as can be!

I got my 2nd shingles vaccine three weeks ago, and it was brutal!!! The shot itself, the ache for the next two weeks, the sleepless nights, the sore arm.... It was an awful experience..... But now I'm done, its all over with, and hopefully I won't get shingles like my grand mom did.
Your doctor may give it, but my doctor sent the prescription to the Walgreens pharmacy, and I made my appointment with them... My husband got his from his doctor, at the VA clinic.

It is all sort of unreal, a big blur the past year.... So glad we are approaching and getting close to, somewhat, normal again...knock on wood! God willing!!! And all that jazz!! Don't want to get too slap happy, when these mutant variations are on the rise....

i know. they said the pfizer vaccine is effective against the brazilian strain, but i havent heard anything about the UK one & the S african one is even more troublesome.

they researched & tested after those strains came around. but we don't have a choice to which one we get & i'm fine with getting the pfizer for now. looks like moderna & J&J have teamed up & will be the more marketed one. perhaps a herd immunity against the newer strains will happen the more the J&J vaccine gets distributed? or at least minimize it until next year when the cycle starts again if we need a yearly shot like the flu.
Even if you get the newer strain it will feel like a cold vs. a life threatening disease per my MD. He is pretty good....stereotypical Jew who went to Harvard Med School....

right. that's what happened a few yrs ago, i got my flu shot & it was the yr when they were off about which strains were gonna hit & i got it, but it was much less severe than what it could have been.
I was just at a client call in NH....all open. Like COVID doesn't exist. Weird. There are signs stating masks are required but people aren't wearing masks.

245/330 = 74%....so 74% of the country is safe...that still leaves 26% vulnerable but not 90%.

Make sense?

'eh... it's literally just a few more weeks. americans are spoiled & have an instant gratification problem. CT is fully opening up next week & although i think it's not a great idea, at least there's still gonna be a mask mandate.
I think businesses need to decide vs. Gov't officials. No shirt no service can still apply. No mask no service. Up to the business.

not if it's a public health risk that can occur outside the establishment from the direct result of being in the establishment.

Right but at some point people need to have a choice. It has been a year.

Pfizer is three, Moderna is 4 weeks, J&J one shot.

Wow, I'm glad I found that out. I had an appointment to get my first shot tomorrow, but I just cancelled it. I'm leaving for Mexico on April 10th for a month. I thought I could the shot tomorrow and then get the second shot in three weeks, but if I end up with the Moderna and have to wait four weeks that will put my second shot on the day before I leave and given some of the side effects people experience after the 2nd shot (fever, fatigue, etc.) I can't risk that the day before I leave. Guess I'll have to wait until May when I get back.

Wow, I'm glad I found that out. I had an appointment to get my first shot tomorrow, but I just cancelled it. I'm leaving for Mexico on April 10th for a month. I thought I could the shot tomorrow and then get the second shot in three weeks, but if I end up with the Moderna and have to wait four weeks that will put my second shot on the day before I leave and given some of the side effects people experience after the 2nd shot (fever, fatigue, etc.) I can't risk that the day before I leave. Guess I'll have to wait until May when I get back.
My first Moderna did nothing the day of, then the next day put me in a bit of a haze. I was playing music at a local dive, next song up looking for my capo....over 5 minutes looking around kind of goofy there it is at the end of the guitar. Just a little off but okay, fine the next day. A little leary of the second shot.

2 Pfsizer shots and both times my left arm felt like it was being stabbed for 3 days.
The shingles shot hurts like a bitch as soon the the liquid touches your arm before the needle goes in.

That just doesn't seem possible, does it, with all the vaccinating that's been reported? Can you imagine going through this every year?

Walgreens has the Pfizer...... We called after we booked, to see what shot Wal-Mart had.

Have fun on vacay, be careful....

Good luck to you.
Im not taking any chances. Although i might if i was old.

you and my son...i got him on an extra dose list...he acted rudely ...you would like i made an anal proble appt for him....we are not speaking right now...he yelled ..its my body i will get it when i get it....i swear..

That just doesn't seem possible, does it, with all the vaccinating that's been reported? Can you imagine going through this every year?
67% of the population got the flu shot this year, with no problems...normally run at about 45% of population.... As long as it is one booster shot, we'll be ok.... Or if they combine flu shot with covid shot each year that could be smoother....

Last edited:

Make sense?

Right but at some point people need to have a choice. It has been a year.
Good luck to you.

you and my son...i got him on an extra dose list...he acted rudely ...you would like i made an anal proble appt for him....we are not speaking right now...he yelled ..its my body i will get it when i get it....i swear..
stop mothering the man

Good luck to you.

I dont think its worth the chance for younger or healthy people.
This is new territory and it got fast tracked. Thats freaky.
Diabetes, COPD things like that are different.
Yall will talk soon

2 Pfsizer shots and both times my left arm felt like it was being stabbed for 3 days.
The shingles shot hurts like a bitch as soon the the liquid touches your arm before the needle goes in.
You got that right on the shingles vaccine....!!! Holy smokes!!! I have had all kinds of vaccines, from travel to foreign countries requirements, typhoid, tyfus..plus US mandates for Air Force brats as a child, measles, small pox, plus flu shot every year and I have never had as rough a time as the shingles second shot :eek:

Forum List

Back